ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock club question

Dthorne414

Jul 18, 2014
I've been a 14 year full scholarship donor with club seats. Work has agreed to match my givings now which would put me at silver spur. Are there any tickets in the zone that aren't already purchased? For the extra money I'd like to see what tickets would be available at that level. Any help?

We sit in The Zone and every year when it is seat selection time, there are seats available.

Not trying to cast doubt on Ray's answer but last year a friend of mine who is a long time Golden Spur tried to add two seats for two of his friends to sit in the Zone. He could not get four together, but he thought he could add two with no problem.
As a matter of fact, not long after seat selection started this past May, an email was sent out that ALL premium seating had been taken with the addition of members that had upped their giving levels to Garnet spur and higher. As a 12 year Silverspur, when it came my time to pick, there were almost no seats (just singles) in sections 103 thru 107. Nothing in the club levels behind those sections. Also, only a few seats were left in section 4 and section 6. Section 5 only had a few single seats except for row 1 and 2 which in my opinion are two low.
When we first joined, Silverspur was a good option, as the number of Golden Spurs was not nearly what it is now. With the addition of Diamond Spur and Platinum Spur levels added above Golden and the Garnet Spur added below Golden but above Silverspur, the additional benefits aren't that great. Corporate accounts are just upping their levels to get the good seats that come available.
If your company is doing the gift matching, I would still advise going up to at least Silverspur level. If they just match your part of the Full Scholarship, in my opinion you will just be falling behind. It takes a Silverspur level to just have a chance at TheZone seats. And who knows, after this past year maybe more people will give up their tickets. Maybe give the ticket office a call and ask them what number gets you into the Zone now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT