ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock Juniors to the NFL draft?

point1zero

Apr 9, 2009
Hello, Kentucky fan here. Do you expect to lose any Juniors to the NFL draft? We’re expecting to see Benny Snell go of course and think it’s in his best interest. Probably not any others though. Seems like we’re senior and sophomore heavy.

Sincerely, good luck in your bowl game

Last edited:
I really dont see how we will lose any juniors. I would be surprised .

The State gave an 85% chance to Kinlaw leaving. 75% chance for Donnell Stanley leaving as he participated in Senior Day activities 2 weeks ago.

Edwards was a 35% chance as he is rated the 8th best WR right now, 3 spots behind Deebo. Bentley at 20% which I don’t see but this is a weak QB draft.

I’d say all of those percentages are too high but won’t be shocked at all to lose Kinlaw and Stanley. Those are the only two I am concerned about.

I thought Kinlaw was a possibility. Don’t know much about Stanley. The big uglies on the O-line never get enough fanfare. If Stanley goes you’re losing 4 starting linemen? Ouch. We’re losing entire starting secondary. A very good one. Ouch for us.

Last edited:
Hello, Kentucky fan here. Do you expect to lose any Juniors to the NFL draft? We’re expecting to see Benny Snell go of course and think it’s in his best interest. Probably not any others though. Seems like we’re senior and sophomore heavy.

Sincerely, good luck in your bowl game
If Benny Snell goes, it will certainly be in our "best interest".

Reactions: TheReelEss
With our luck Kinlaw will leave. He has talent but there are several tackles ahead of him (Houston dtackle, Clemsons two dtackles).

The State gave an 85% chance to Kinlaw leaving. 75% chance for Donnell Stanley leaving as he participated in Senior Day activities 2 weeks ago.

Edwards was a 35% chance as he is rated the 8th best WR right now, 3 spots behind Deebo. Bentley at 20% which I don’t see but this is a weak QB draft.

I’d say all of those percentages are too high but won’t be shocked at all to lose Kinlaw and Stanley. Those are the only two I am concerned about.
And yet CleMson keeps a whole D line of 1st rounders hmmm

And yet CleMson keeps a whole D line of 1st rounders hmmm
Yep, what was it we were hearing last year-Wilkins loves to attend Clemson basketball games (never misses a home game) and the family atmosphere so he decided to stay for his senior season. Bet he's debating not ever entering the draft now so he can regularly attend all future Clemson sporting events and work on his PHD.

Kinlaw will leave early because of his family situation. He could probably stay a year and move up the draft however getting that money right now would greatly improve his family's quality of life

If any of ours leave they will all have to chart thier course as undrafted FA's - just seems like a silly gamble to me, but to each his own.
Really hoping all stay, of the names mentioned above you could be looking at 4 1st or 2nd rounders in next years draft

Edwards and Kinlaw (DL) are the two with the best shot at getting drafted. Kinlaw would be a long shot at an early round. Really, I don't think Edwards could expect to be drafted in the first two rounds. BOOM! says he tells them if they don't have a pretty good shot at the first round, they'll do themselves a favor by staying. But he won't talk to them about that until after this last game. Neither player walked with the seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT