ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock Nation…

Apr 23, 2008
Please say a prayer for my Dad who is in the hospital battling for his life with COVID Pneumonia. My dad is a big Gamecock fan and we’ve spent a lot of time at Carolina football,baseball, and basketball games. My Dad is 61 going on 62 and I’m 32 and the younger me would be so upset whenever we’d lose but the older I got it didn’t matter win or lose I got to spend time with my dad. Lord knows I could be here all Day/Night talking about the memories of going to sporting events. If everyone could keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers we would greatly appreciate it. I love my Daddy. God Bless and Go Gamecocks. 🙏

Please say a prayer for my Dad who is in the hospital battling for his life with COVID Pneumonia. My dad is a big Gamecock fan and we’ve spent a lot of time at Carolina football,baseball, and basketball games. My Dad is 61 going on 62 and I’m 32 and the younger me would be so upset whenever we’d lose but the older I got it didn’t matter win or lose I got to spend time with my dad. Lord knows I could be here all Day/Night talking about the memories of going to sporting events. If everyone could keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers we would greatly appreciate it. I love my Daddy. God Bless and Go Gamecocks. 🙏
Prayers sent

Reactions: carolinagarnet08
Praying hard for you and your Dad.

Any update?

Any update?
Dad passed away last night with me, my mom, and my sister by his side. My dad always had faith in The Lord and everywhere we went he’d talk about him I will always hold on to hope and faith that this isn’t the end. My father served his purpose in life and God called him home. No doubt a day that I will always remember. He most certainly loved people no matter who or what skin color they had. He was so excited to have Coach Beamer here and so was I. I love my dad but he’s no longer suffering. Thank You to everyone and please keep me and my family in my prayers! 🙏

Dad passed away last night with me, my mom, and my sister by his side. My dad always had faith in The Lord and everywhere we went he’d talk about him I will always hold on to hope and faith that this isn’t the end. My father served his purpose in life and God called him home. No doubt a day that I will always remember. He most certainly loved people no matter who or what skin color they had. He was so excited to have Coach Beamer here and so was I. I love my dad but he’s no longer suffering. Thank You to everyone and please keep me and my family in my prayers! 🙏
So sorry for the loss and pain. I believe you will see him again.

Sorry to hear. It is never easy to lose a loved one but he is in good hands now....

I am sorry for you and your family. It's a measure of solace when you know a loved one was a professed Christian.

I lost my mom about a year and a half ago and that's what I take relief in knowing my mom loved the Lord and spent her life in the church serving others.

I know the next days will be very hard but try your best to remember the good memories. Don't ever shy away from telling others about your dad and things that were important to him. Your dad lives on in you.

I am sorry for you and your family. It's a measure of solace when you know a loved one was a professed Christian.

I lost my mom about a year and a half ago and that's what I take relief in knowing my mom loved the Lord and spent her life in the church serving others.

I know the next days will be very hard but try your best to remember the good memories. Don't ever shy away from telling others about your dad and things that were important to him. Your dad lives on in you.
I’m so sorry for your loss as well! Our loved ones who have passed on from this life to the next live within us. My dad and your mom just have a better view than we do. 2001 will be our families introducing for our dad’s memorial service that’s what my dad would’ve wanted. Every time 2001 would play at a baseball game or at Willy B my dad and I would jump and get goose bumps.

I’m so sorry for your loss as well! Our loved ones who have passed on from this life to the next live within us. My dad and your mom just have a better view than we do. 2001 will be our families introducing for our dad’s memorial service that’s what my dad would’ve wanted. Every time 2001 would play at a baseball game or at Willy B my dad and I would jump and get goose bumps.
Thank you.
Well, that sounds like the perfect song choice for him. Good job.

I think doing what they would have wanted done at their funeral is the perfect gift.

That's what we tried to do for my mom- simple, short, etc. 2 songs that she loved.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
Wow - I am so sorry to hear. You and I share the same story. My Father passed away last Saturday at 73 from COVID. We are laying him to rest on Sunday. Prayers to your family…

So sorry to hear of the losses you guys are going through.
Sending love and support from a fellow Gamecock brother to you and your families. Here’s to celebrating life and mourning with those we love

Wow - I am so sorry to hear. You and I share the same story. My Father passed away last Saturday at 73 from COVID. We are laying him to rest on Sunday. Prayers to your family…

I hope Sunday goes as smoothly for you and your family as possible.
It makes it no easier to realize so many people are going though this at the same time.

Just this week I was thinking about the wife of my good friend who died of COVID and how she was doing and their 5 kids are doing. His oldest is a senior in high school this year. I can't imagine how he is missing his dad at such a crucial time.

I need to reach back out to my friend's sister and check in on them. Thankfully, they had a strong connection to their church and that was a great comfort because they had a lot of helpful people there to provide a good foundation for the family.

I hope your family has a good, loving church family and good friends to support you though this time.

Reactions: Sending an SOS
I hope Sunday goes as smoothly for you and your family as possible.
It makes it no easier to realize so many people are going though this at the same time.

Just this week I was thinking about the wife of my good friend who died of COVID and how she was doing and their 5 kids are doing. His oldest is a senior in high school this year. I can't imagine how he is missing his dad at such a crucial time.

I need to reach back out to my friend's sister and check in on them. Thankfully, they had a strong connection to their church and that was a great comfort because they had a lot of helpful people there to provide a good foundation for the family.

I hope your family has a good, loving church family and good friends to support you though this time.
Thank you, Gamecock friend. Tomorrow won’t be easy, but we will get through together and with the Lord…

So sorry for your loss. May God hold you a little tighter in His arms during this time.

You all have my prayers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT