ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks announce home-and-home with Miami

Excellent!

Best decision this program has made since hiring Spurrier.

Fans have been clamoring for an interesting out of conference matchup and we finally got one. Miami would not have been my first choice, but this is a very good move. It's certainly a step in the right direction and sets us up to schedule similar type games in the future. Glad we finally got over the fear of scheduling some decent out of conference teams.

I'm sure some will try, but there's really no down-side to this decision.

Sure beat playing at App State.

Last edited:
Nice to see us schedule an interesting game with a "name" team. Unless I'm forgetting something, this is the first P5 school we've scheduled not named Clemson/UNC/NC State in like 15 years

College football will look entirely different when these games are played.

Players will be singing posters for $$ during the game while drones fly around with $15 Bud Lights

Reactions: Cybercock
Maybe with a real HC at that time, the schedule won't be as challenging.

I still see no reason to do it. It’s just more chances to get injured and more chances to lose. Like the NC game this year. Kentucky is having success scheduling down. We should be looking at that model.

I like it. If you’re going to ask people to shell out money for season tickets give me more games like these and less games like Coastal Carolina and Charleston Southern. It feels like a spring game scrimmage at best.

Alabama, OSU and Clemson lay out the roadmap to the playoffs and we go the opposite direction. It truly is about the money...not winning.

Right on the money. But we are ok with losing games as long as we win the party. We’re Ole Miss with paper plates.

Actually we aren’t. They didn’t give their unproven coach a 21 million dollar buyout.

That's alright... We have coaches, BOT's and an AD who are already senile now, waiting a few more years won't make a difference...
You schedule Ball St, North Texas, or Middle TN State. Our schedule is already ridiculous. We have absolutely ZERO REASON to play someone like Miami and honestly since the Todd Ellis game I've despised them.

You schedule Ball St, North Texas, or Middle TN State. Our schedule is already ridiculous. We have absolutely ZERO REASON to play someone like Miami and honestly since the Todd Ellis game I've despised them.

All Gamecock fans do is rant about how Clemson’s easy schedule lets them pile up wins, avoid injuries, rest starters, develop depth etc. But any chance to lighten the load on our players...nope.

Because as we all know you can’t go on a vacation to a place unless your team is playing there. If you want a fun road trip, just take one.

For the we should play cream puffs crowd....

LSU played Texas to start the year. They play in the West and it’s much tougher than the East.

If you’re good you’re good. If you suck you suck. A good team should beat App State and UNC in the non conference. If you’d feel better by getting to 6 wins by playing Yale and Florida International we can do that and all pretend we’re making progress.

For the we should play cream puffs crowd....

LSU played Texas to start the year. They play in the West and it’s much tougher than the East.

If you’re good you’re good. If you suck you suck. A good team should beat App State and UNC in the non conference. If you’d feel better by getting to 6 wins by playing Yale and Florida International we can do that and all pretend we’re making progress.

It’s about injury prevention and developing depth. Literally the thing we complain about that Clemson gets to do but we can’t because of schedule - even before they started beating us.

Also LSU played Texas and that’s it. We play Clemson. That’s enough on top of 8 conference games.

I remember watching the 1987 game in the ROK on Armed Forces Korea Network. I'd rather we'd live up to the agreement to play those dirtbags again. I wasn't happy that we had to play them in Shreveport a few years back.

It’s about injury prevention and developing depth. Literally the thing we complain about that Clemson gets to do but we can’t because of schedule - even before they started beating us.

Also LSU played Texas and that’s it. We play Clemson. That’s enough on top of 8 conference games.

Clemsux has it easier because of who is in their conference, not their non conference matchups. Unless we want to leave the SEC it’s not changing.

We had an open date to get ready for Clemson. We could’ve had an open month. We were horrible.

We have never won a national title and have only been in legitimate contention for one a few times. Go ahead and play some big boys. We have only won the SEC once. It’s not like scheduling Miami is going to prevent that from happening.

Also all 8 conference games are not tough. A good team should get through Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri and even Tennessee with relative ease. Who is the best team that any of those 4 beat?

Clemsux has it easier because of who is in their conference, not their non conference matchups. Unless we want to leave the SEC it’s not changing.

We had an open date to get ready for Clemson. We could’ve had an open month. We were horrible.

We have never won a national title and have only been in legitimate contention for one a few times. Go ahead and play some big boys. We have only won the SEC once. It’s not like scheduling Miami is going to prevent that from happening.

Also all 8 conference games are not tough. A good team should get through Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri and even Tennessee with relative ease. Who is the best team that any of those 4 beat?

Ask Oregon if they wish they had played UNLV instead of Auburn. They would be in the CFP conversation right now. As it is they can’t get in with a win.

Ask Oregon if they wish they had played UNLV instead of Auburn. They would be in the CFP conversation right now. As it is they can’t get in with a win.

In over 100 years of playing football, how many times has the University of South Carolina been in that position?

Miami will probably be on a up cycle in 2026 and really good again and this board will be again cursing and calling Ray Tanner and Will Muschamp idiots on why they scheduled Miami in 2019 just because they were down in 2018 and 2019.

They are just setting up their future replacements to fail

I guarantee this will happen, please troll this post in 7 years

I wonder if Ray called Miami to talk how to perform a buyout and the conversation got changed to lets schedule a game.

Oh I'm sure there are a boat load of cupcake teams chomping at the bit to get on our schedule. My how things have changed where it's become too worrisome to schedule two acc teams in one season.

Sure we should. And we shouldn’t back down from playing a team like Miami....who is no where near championship level....in order to get there.

It’s needless wear and tear on players. You have to have breaks in the schedule to heal. Maybe Miami will be a God awful football team by then. I certainly hope so.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Maybe Miami will be a God awful football team by then. I certainly hope so.

No one knows for sure but based on Muschamp and Tanner's awful track record, and how these programs with multiple nattys cycle back over time, I think Miami will be really good by then, and this is yet again a poor decision by Muschamp and Tanner.

Reactions: Cap Boso 97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT