ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks / Ga Game 2018

roundtableknights

Jun 14, 2018
I live in Ga. not by choice it just worked out as such, you know the story got a wife two kids and a dog when i moved here in 1985. Became a true lover of College Football in 2003 fell in love with USC Gamecocks. Since I've been in Ga. I have taken a lot of trash talk from fans during the football seasons because i live in Athens, I know hard to live in a state and city where your rival exist. Well word on the street here is we have no chance this year at Williams Brice. Most are saying they put us second this year because we won't be ready and expect to get us out the way early. I go to Williams Brice every year we play Ga. I don't know about how i'm suppose to feel when I enter Williams Brice during the Ga. game. Well it's more like my chest fills my heart beats slow my thoughts wonder I seem somewhat lost. But then the big jumbo screen lights up Sandstorm hits the screen "We Will Protect This House" back in Roman times to protect one's house meant to fight to the death. The Romans had the most feared soldiers in the world, they all lived by a creed to protect the Empire, Williams Brice is Rome and we shall treat it as such to defeat all who enters. The mentality of the players must be "Unwavering commitment to each other from the left to right to protect our QB and create holes for our backs. Defense to deny any movement by our opponent through air or ground for this we do pledge forever to thee" Now I remember how i'm suppose to feel as I enter Williams Brice.

Last edited:
Hosting a Trap Game !

WB was a house of horrors for them for a while, and its time to restore that.
Amen, we need to bring back that fear to enter Williams Brice. It's all about motivating players to do what they think can't be done. I ran my first Marathon in 2015, I gotta tell you it"s not the distant of the run, it's the will of the man who runs it.

Amen, we need to bring back that fear to enter Williams Brice. It's all about motivating players to do what they think can't be done. I ran my first Marathon in 2015, I gotta tell you it"s not the distant of the run, it's the will of the man who runs it.
Never give up never look at each other with defeat your eyes, and if you see it in one's eyes remind him "he is playing not only for his team, he's playing for the true pride of the great state of South Carolina, aka (Rome) Ga. is just a name it holds no value nor impressiveness in our psyche, just do the job as many others before them have done "Protect This House" never allow another to enter your own house and degrade you.

I live in Ga. not by choice it just worked out as such, you know the story got a wife two kids and a dog when i moved here in 1985. Became a true lover of College Football in 2003 fell in love with USC Gamecocks. Since I've been in Ga. I have taken a lot of trash talk from fans during the football seasons because i live in Athens, I know hard to live in a state and city where your rival exist. Well word on the street here is we have no chance this year at Williams Brice. Most are saying they put us second this year because we won't be ready and expect to get us out the way early. I go to Williams Brice every year we play Ga. I don't know about how i'm suppose to feel when I enter Williams Brice during the Ga. game. Well it's more like my chest fills my heart beats slow my thoughts wonder I seem somewhat lost. But then the big jumbo screen lights up Sandstorm hits the screen "We Will Protect This House" back in Roman times to protect one's house meant to fight to the death. The Romans had the most feared soldiers in the world, they all lived by a creed to protect the Empire, Williams Brice is Rome and we shall treat it as such to defeat all who enters. The mentality of the players must be "Unwavering commitment to each other from the left to right to protect our QB and create holes for our backs. Defense to deny any movement by our opponent through air or ground for this we do pledge forever to thee" Now I remember how i'm suppose to feel as I enter Williams Brice.
How many 5 hour energies you drink today?

Amen.
Finished my first marathon last year at age of 55. I smoked for 40 years, too, before quitting. So I hear you man.

I've also lived in Ga since mid 80s. Doggy fans are barking.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Once you cross that state line, their media, radio, fans etc.... behave as though they are the only program on the planet. It can even be beyond Bama..... I have not seen much else like it.

UGA lost quite a bit this year, at least from a production standpoint. Especially in the backfield. Maybe they won’t have that fine tuned before we play them. We’ll have to be sharp but we played them tough last year. Muschamp will be prepared to face his buddy and his Alma Mater.

We need Jake to have a huge season this year.

Once you cross that state line, their media, radio, fans etc.... behave as though they are the only program on the planet. It can even be beyond Bama..... I have not seen much else like it.
Have you noticed if Ga. goes to a championship game like last year, there are no reports of crime by the media coming out of Atlanta! It becomes all about UGA. So yes good point

UGA lost quite a bit this year, at least from a production standpoint. Especially in the backfield. Maybe they won’t have that fine tuned before we play them. We’ll have to be sharp but we played them tough last year. Muschamp will be prepared to face his buddy and his Alma Mater.

So true

I saw drastic improvement in Jake in the spring this year. What a difference a quality QB coach can make!

I saw drastic improvement in Jake in the spring this year. What a difference a quality QB coach can make!

Definitely thinking / hoping Werner can be the difference. Jake has the tools. A real QB Coach is exactly what he needed. Glad Muschamp realized it and made the move.

Reactions: CliffordII

They lost a bit, but Kirby has been recruiting like gangbusters. I don't expect them to fall off very much. That Fr. RB they had last year was very good - he just had Chubb and Michel ahead of him. I look for it to be a war of a game!

It’ll be a big game. Tix will set you back several hundred bucks on the secondary market

Round, great OP. It got me going and I am just sitting here in front of my comp.:)
They need to put your post in the GC locker room.

They lost a bit, but Kirby has been recruiting like gangbusters. I don't expect them to fall off very much. That Fr. RB they had last year was very good - he just had Chubb and Michel ahead of him. I look for it to be a war of a game!
D'Andre Swift....and yes, he is very good. May have been the best back they had last year and that's saying a lot. There will be no drop-off at that position.

D'Andre Swift....and yes, he is very good. May have been the best back they had last year and that's saying a lot. There will be no drop-off at that position.
Yep - that was it. I couldn't remember his name.

Jawga is Jawga but getting them early at home gives us the advantage and here's why. They lost some production on defense but still have players but we bring back 8 or 9 back on offense with some talent joining the offense so it should even out. Swift is a stud but he hasn't had to carry the load of the Jawga backfield yet like Nick and Tony so the jury is still out on his durability. Z. White is a great incoming freshman but he won't be played on the road yet and WB is a tough road game. Jake will have a good game he's matured now so have at it Jake. It's Mushamps time to beat Jawga. JMHO of course.

Reactions: rogue cock
Definitely thinking / hoping Werner can be the difference. Jake has the tools. A real QB Coach is exactly what he needed. Glad Muschamp realized it and made the move.
Not saying that it will happen this season, but, Coach Werner (Ole Miss offensive coordinator) did put a lot of points on the scoreboard in the last two meetings he faced Smart as the defensive coordinator at Alabama and as head coach at Georgia. Hoping Coach Werner gives Coach McClendon some inputs.

Reactions: Carolina4
It’ll be a big game. Tix will set you back several hundred bucks on the secondary market
I'll take $3600 for my four. Well, wait, no I won't. I will enjoy us beating UGA this year. I guarantee you that they are more concerned playing the second game of the year at WB than they are any game on their schedule. Like someone posted earlier, it will be a house of horrors for UGA that day.

Reactions: coolcock2001

I envy the way the media gets behind some teams. The Columbia media gets behind the Gamecocks. But only to try and push them off a cliff.
Could you imagine if all these years the state media promoted us instead of the tiggers?

Reactions: 92Pony
I'll take $3600 for my four. Well, wait, no I won't. I will enjoy us beating UGA this year. I guarantee you that they are more concerned playing the second game of the year at WB than they are any game on their schedule. Like someone posted earlier, it will be a house of horrors for UGA that day.
I think we have a chance if we play excellent and get some breaks but they are far deeper in the trenches. They aren’t gonna be sleeping on that game either after the fight we put up last year. A few big breaks will have to bounce our way to win this one.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
"I don't know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended."

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Jawga is Jawga but getting them early at home gives us the advantage and here's why. They lost some production on defense but still have players but we bring back 8 or 9 back on offense with some talent joining the offense so it should even out. Swift is a stud but he hasn't had to carry the load of the Jawga backfield yet like Nick and Tony so the jury is still out on his durability. Z. White is a great incoming freshman but he won't be played on the road yet and WB is a tough road game. Jake will have a good game he's matured now so have at it Jake. It's Mushamps time to beat Jawga. JMHO of course.
It would be better for you to have the opposite, IMO. I'm worried about this game for two reasons. Historically we don't play well despite having the talent edge most years. Even wins are closer than they should be on paper.
Second, is your schedule may not give us a chance to get back in first. It's much easier than ours and you will probably be favored to win every game after in the conference.

But back to my first point. The biggest ad of playing at home is when the opposing offense has the ball due to crowd noise. We'll have a lot of returning starters there, even those who are not have played big downs in big games. And our QB is a veteran now. You'll be replacing almost 75% of your defensive starters. In this instance, I'm not so sure if it's not better for us to get you early. Considering you have a new offense and the turnover on D, you might be better later.

It would be better for you to have the opposite, IMO. I'm worried about this game for two reasons. Historically we don't play well despite having the talent edge most years. Even wins are closer than they should be on paper.
Second, is your schedule may not give us a chance to get back in first. It's much easier than ours and you will probably be favored to win every game after in the conference.

But back to my first point. The biggest ad of playing at home is when the opposing offense has the ball due to crowd noise. We'll have a lot of returning starters there, even those who are not have played big downs in big games. And our QB is a veteran now. You'll be replacing almost 75% of your defensive starters. In this instance, I'm not so sure if it's not better for us to get you early. Considering you have a new offense and the turnover on D, you might be better later.
Like I said JMHO but we don't want them later down the schedule.

Interesting............... going to be a good one, I’ll say just off recent tradition early in the year was better for us ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT