ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks in land of the rising sun

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
HELLO from TOKYO, JAPAN!! @GamecockWBB enjoying a little din din after an afternoon nap.

DDZwKGAV0AEUvSB.jpg

Coach Staley says they are exhausted from the flight but looking forward to the festivities to come..I sent Dawn a message saying they should be used to long flights thanks to the NCAA selection committee the past 3 years

I got jet lag so bad when I went to Japan, I spent the entire next day laying sick in a tiny Japanese hotel room. These young ladies are impressive.

Traveling west, to Korea, Japan, or Hawaii, I adjusted to their time zones overnight. So the ladies probably won't have much of a problem synchronizing.

On the other hand, coming home eastbound, that seems to take weeks to transition. I recover from rotating shifts easier than real jet lag.

HELLO from TOKYO, JAPAN!! @GamecockWBB enjoying a little din din after an afternoon nap.

DDZwKGAV0AEUvSB.jpg

Coach Staley says they are exhausted from the flight but looking forward to the festivities to come..I sent Dawn a message saying they should be used to long flights thanks to the NCAA selection committee the past 3 years
Who is the blonde haired young lady? Don't recognize her as one of Dawn's girls.

DDZwKGAV0AEUvSB.jpg

Law; is Bianca wearing a wig?theirs no way her hair got that thick in 2 months.

Bianca is sitting across from Haley.

Have they practiced their slurping? It's my understanding that slurping your food is considered polite behavior in Japanese society.
I think slurping is a Nippon culture of expressing that the food is good,. What would be bad is sticking chop sticks into the food while its in a bowl.

That is true,I think it is Japanese culture
Yes, and the talking is supposed to cease when the food arrives to allow you to take in the entire experience of enjoying your food. The talking can resume after a few minutes, but talking when the food arrives and when people are enjoying their first few bites or slurps takes away from the full experience of the meal. Or at least that's what I learned on Globe Trekker.

DDZwKGAV0AEUvSB.jpg

DDZwKGAV0AEUvSB.jpg

I am only seeing 11 players at the table and of the table looks full. Were there a couple that did not make the trip?

I am only seeing 11 players at the table and of the table looks full. Were there a couple that did not make the trip?

they all made the trip...the photo cropped off a few players on the near side of the room

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT