ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks lose first series to Auburn since 1997

This team is definitely a "slump buster". We are setting new lows and seem to be proud of it, given our lack of intensity and word tracks. SSDD.

169861741-liberty-head-coach-jim-toman-argues-a-call-gettyimages.jpg

We played well. You don't always catch a break. Auburn is very good.
seriously u think auburn is good? and u thought we played well?..well their obviously better than us and they will probably make the tourney....we will not

Unless we in the SEC tournament (highly unlikely) we will not make a regional.....we are toast. Heck we may even play ourselves out of that if we don't win some SEC games against Texas A&M and LSU.....wow.

27-21 with 8 reg season games to play. We could very-well end up with a .500 record - if we get swept by LSU and A&M and lose one of the two remaining mid-week games, which is a very likely scenario........ sigh.

I remember when we used to look forward to playing LSU and a team ranked as high as Texas A&M. Now....well not so much.....If we don't get swept by one or both I will feel like that's about as good as we could do at this point. I would say my expectation took a nose dive this season....wow.

What does one call taking a Top 5 baseball program, perhaps the premier program, to this steaming pile of clemson in THREE YEARS?

This is even beyond Darrin Horn horrid.....

Can't hit, can't field and cannot pitch.........

Chad Holbroke is well on his way to becoming the Fat Bradstard of Carolina Baseball. Big difference in what Bradstard inherited in the football program & what Holbroke inherited in the baseball program, though.

Reactions: bmhood1984
Chad Holbroke is well on his way to becoming the Fat Bradstard of Carolina Baseball. Big difference in what Bradstard inherited in the football program & what Holbroke inherited in the baseball program, though.

You beat me to the punch regarding Brad. I was going to say 1997-that's when Brad started really started running the football program into the ground just a year before the one-win debacle season. Seeing similarities between both coaches besides rhyming names. Hope the 2016 baseball season doesn't end up being like the 1998 football season.

1997-that's when Brad started really started running the football program into the ground just a year before the one-win debacle season. Seeing similarities between both coaches besides rhyming names. Hope the 2016 baseball season doesn't end up being like the 1998 football season.

I fear you may be really onto something here.

Words I thought I would never see from Auburn in form of text from my neighbor, "Dude us beating USCe in baseball for a series is like them beating us in football #notoften. Had to fish a tournament with this guy Saturday and wanted to make a crack about the Friday night game, but knew better. I was feeling good after Friday night, but fell pray to the old football mindset watch Sat and Sun games. If we are leading and go to the bullpen or fall behind, it's over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT