ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks name Hill QB1

WOW, didnt see that coming.... Lets hope the young hilinski keeps his head up and gets plenty of snaps..

The good news is we know he’s not transferring back west . I don’t know guys , this just seems like a bad move . If the competition was as neck and neck as they claim then give the Nod to the kid that you threw to the wolves last year . He got beat to a pulp , played hurt and had nothing around him on offense . Really don’t like this move . Sure Hill is gonna be more familiar with the system but I just don’t like it at all . If Hill has a Joe Burrow type year I’ll eat crow but I would bet the house that ain’t gonna happen . This has the makings of an epic trainwreck.

200.gif

The good news is we know he’s not transferring back west . I don’t know guys , this just seems like a bad move . If the competition was as neck and neck as they claim then give the Nod to the kid that you threw to the wolves last year . He got beat to a pulp , played hurt and had nothing around him on offense . Really don’t like this move . Sure Hill is gonna be more familiar with the system but I just don’t like it at all . If Hill has a Joe Burrow type year I’ll eat crow but I would bet the house that ain’t gonna happen . This has the makings of an epic trainwreck.
We hope. Hope.

There will be no difference this year. Same oline coach, no established RB and even less at WR. I’m not sure there is a winner in this QB battle.

It will be interesting to see if the backup gets some snaps under Bobo. Hasnt happened much here at all.
As history as shown us we need 2 capable QB's, especially the schedule we have. No way Hill survives this year without any mishap, especially with 2 or 3 torn ACL's. I hope he stays healthy but I can't remember the last time we went through a year with a healthy QB.

For Ryan's sake, I hope he transfers. This staff is toxic to QBs. He deserves better...much better.

We all get it, you love RH... but explain how he deserves better? He got beat out for his position. In a sense, it sounds like you are wanting to award him a "participation trophy" start because he had to play as a true freshman. You honestly think that a coach is going to start a guy who they don't believe is the best guy to start, because of loyalty???

And for those who want to talk about Hill isn't an SEC qb, the only reason we didn't offer him out of Dorman HS was because we had Brandon McIllwain already slated to come in. Bobo had been recruiting Hill from his days at Georgia. I trust Bobo's ability to judge a QB.

We all get it, you love RH... but explain how he deserves better? He got beat out for his position. In a sense, it sounds like you are wanting to award him a "participation trophy" start because he had to play as a true freshman. You honestly think that a coach is going to start a guy who they don't believe is the best guy to start, because of loyalty???

Gimpy McHill transferred here b/c he knew he wouldn't get the starting gig at CSU with the new coach. His only chance was to follow Bobo here. Bobo wants "his" guy in there, so that's who we're stuck with. Bobo's first major decision is a flop. Not a good sign for the offense this season. The decision was certainly made based on loyalty...just to the wrong guy.

The UT game is never a normal well called game. It’s always a bunch of phantom calls (and non calls)that generally go against us. Add in a glass tiger at QB, and this is a recipe for disaster.

And for those who want to talk about Hill isn't an SEC qb, the only reason we didn't offer him out of Dorman HS was because we had Brandon McIllwain already slated to come in. Bobo had been recruiting Hill from his days at Georgia. I trust Bobo's ability to judge a QB.
Clearly you aren’t aware of the Muschamp Effect for QBs.

Reactions: Zann77
Remember when Sparky Woods came here and brought his transfer QB with him? Same kind of situation. After he was named OC, Bobo probably guaranteed the kid would be the starter if he would transfer. Not surprised at all. Hilinsky should go ahead and take his redshirt year now.

ADVERTISEMENT