ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks pitcher gets big honor

C

Collyn Taylor

RHP Graham Lawson was selected by the Coastal Plain League to participate in the CPL Select Team. The team will play the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team Monday at the USA Baseball training facility at 3 p.m. in Cary, North Carolina.

Lawson, who pitched in 13 games last season for South Carolina, is one of just nine pitchers selected from the 15-team league selected to play the collegiate national team.

Lawson recently arrived to the Wilmington Sharks a few weeks ago and is 1-0 in three appearances. He has a 2.25 ERA in four innings pitched. Last season, he was 2-0 with a 5.87 ERA in 13 appearances.

Full release from the CPL is here.

RHP Graham Lawson was selected by the Coastal Plain League to participate in the CPL Select Team. The team will play the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team Monday at the USA Baseball training facility at 3 p.m. in Cary, North Carolina.

Lawson, who pitched in 13 games last season for South Carolina, is one of just nine pitchers selected from the 15-team league selected to play the collegiate national team.

Lawson recently arrived to the Wilmington Sharks a few weeks ago and is 1-0 in three appearances. He has a 2.25 ERA in four innings pitched. Last season, he was 2-0 with a 5.87 ERA in 13 appearances.

Full release from the CPL is here.

That's awesome for Graham! I've not only watched him, I've watched him play against my kid, and I've also umpired with him on the mound. He can be really good for us with the right coach. He's got a great feel for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT