ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks put together an uninspired performance in a 19-1 loss to the Wildcats, USC’s most lopsided

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Gamecocks put together an uninspired performance in a 19-1 loss to the Wildcats, USC’s most lopsided loss since 1997.

Not since Ray's first year team with June Raine's team...

“They were just awesome in all facets of the game,” Carolina coach Chad Holbrook said. “We weren’t good enough to put up a fight against them. It’s one game. Hopefully we’ll bounce back and play better and make it competitive tomorrow.”“The game was in hand on their side early. They had the game in control from the get go,” Holbrook said. “We’ll see how we bounce back tomorrow. I don’t know. I thought we were going to play great tonight and we didn’t so I hope I have the right kind of kids that will compete and put us in a better position tomorrow but we’ll have to wait and see.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...-baseball/article147551464.html#storylink=cpy

I hate to see anyone lose a job but Holbrook needs to be removed today.
That's not going to happen, so folks just need to quit saying it. He'll be given until the end of the season, and likely our name will get us into a Regional somewhere. Which means he'll be safe for another year. However, IF that is the case, they better clean house as far as assistants. Yes, even the untouchable JM.

That's not going to happen, so folks just need to quit saying it. He'll be given until the end of the season, and likely our name will get us into a Regional somewhere. Which means he'll be safe for another year. However, IF that is the case, they better clean house as far as assistants. Yes, even the untouchable JM.
Hope you right. However I have a bad feeling this will not be the case. Hopefully RT is planning his speech to Holbroke explaining what he expects going forth and consequences of failing.

Cleaning the house of assistants won't fix a thing. Got to have new leadership @ the top.

I don't think making a regional will be enough to save him if fans are emailing and calling tanner expressing displeasure. I thought he would get 1 more year, but after the unc and Kentucky game I'm not so sure. I guess it depends on how we finish. Losing is 1 thing, we are getting hammered and embarrassed at this point. Even at home.

It was CH who threw Cortes under the bus during the CU series. Compare the way CH handled that situation (publicly embarrassed the kid) to the way FM handled the ST situation (does anyone know why he was suspended?), and we realize why the basketball team played like lions for FM and why the baseball team plays like pussy cats for CH. fire everybody, bring back Buscher in some capacity, he was the only one brave enough to stand up to CH.

Our own announcers continue to be puzzled by our lack of fundamentals as well as in game management of our head coach. This team has just plane quit on Holbrook. Last night was what looked like the end of what was once an elite program.

Kentuckys first win ever at founders park. Worst home lost ever at founders park....Chad is breaking all types of records. Most frustrating part is he refers to the team as KIDS about 20 times during a press conference. They r grown men and should be coached and treated that way. We r not playing T ball. If u r at the age where u could be playing professional baseball or fighting for our country in a war, then I do not refer to them as kids...young men, but not kids.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Continue losing SEC series and we won't make a regional. Last time we lost four straight SEC series was-you guessed it: 2015. We missed the tourney. That pounding last night is going to be on committee's mind because we've received a few this season. Losing midweek is one thing but receiving it on a Friday night in conference play at home looks bad.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
They've not only quit on CH, but they have quit on each other. CH has destroyed every ounce of 'give a damn' attitude in this entire team.

Our own announcers continue to be puzzled by our lack of fundamentals as well as in game management of our head coach. This team has just plane quit on Holbrook. Last night was what looked like the end of what was once an elite program.

I think the defeat to Florida last Saturday has decreased the confidence within the baseball team. South Carolina has seen this many times this season to be leading in games only to lose them in the eighth or ninth inning. In last nights game with the errors, wild pitches and the inability to consistently get hits you could form a perception that the team is not focused. i really hope that is not the case and it was just one bad game.

If we lose the series against UK and LSU, will it matter how we play against Mizzou and UGA? I wonder.

He mouthed off at one of the totlet assistants, and Holbrook marched him over and made him apologize.

Oh, yeah... I forgot about that... It's been so long ago and our team has played horrible baseball, Kind of forgotten the start of the season...

I believe Cortes deserves a new coach who can support him when he mouths off at an assistant Clemson coach...

I remembered Chris Boyle crushing a home run against Clemson and as he was rounding 2nd base, yelling the F-bombs at the Clemson dugout...

June didn't say a word to Chris...

Last edited:
At least the idiot didn't say the players fought hard and it just wasn't our night again. Seems to be his go to line when we blow a late lead or only score a run or 2. Glad to see some fresh meat out there today, except Jones, he still can't hit anything. Wonder if destino will respond positively to being benched, he may be back next year as his draft status has got to be taking a hit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT