ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks Unranked in Preseason Poll... Thanks, Holbroken!

The dang fans need to show up and support their team. Thats why ray built the place. No excuse not to pack that place out. Thats what recruits look at as well. If anything , come drink and get loud reguardless of a loss or win. Thats what gamecock fans do. Gamecock fans pride themselves as being one the best fan bases in america so put up or shut up. Drink , coookout , party , and get loud no matter what. It helps the players im sure.

Reactions: atl-cock
FWIW, The University of South Carolina baseball team is ranked No. 19 in the nation in the Collegiate Baseball Pre-Season Fab 40. At least someone sees some potential here. #moveon

Reactions: Langamecock
Oh for Pete's sake! That's just one poll. Stop b****ing!

19 in Collegiate Baseball.
http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-poll-12-19-17/

As others have noted, preseason baseball polls mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes down to it. Unlike other sports, baseball actually pays more attention to what you do DURING the season than what the supposed "experts" think you're supposed to do.

The dang fans need to show up and support their team. Thats why ray built the place. No excuse not to pack that place out. Thats what recruits look at as well. If anything , come drink and get loud reguardless of a loss or win. Thats what gamecock fans do. Gamecock fans pride themselves as being one the best fan bases in america so put up or shut up. Drink , coookout , party , and get loud no matter what. It helps the players im sure.

The problem is that most of the people who were packing the park in 2011, 2012, 2013 never stepped foot in there before the ball landed in RF on 06/29/2010. And they were the first to jump ship.

There is good news and bad news with that poll. Bad News is that there are at least 8 SEC teams ahead of us. We have outranked them in recruiting each year which shows the players development was not what it should have been the last few years.
The good news is that Clemson is not ranked either and they have Mr Everything Seth Beer so they must have either lost alot as well or have not developed players well either.

I'm sure you recognize the flawed logic of your post.

Pitching ! restore a rotation that can handle the mid week games, and non-conference schedule. Hopefully by the time conference play rolls around we have enough pitching that can take 2 of 3 more than not and we are in the conversations.

I will always remember what Jeff Grantz said to me & my aunt. Until I see them play, I am not concerned with other's opinions.

We have talent, and with good decision making and player development, there is no way we miss out on postseason last year. Holbrook recruited well, just game coaching was not his forte. With a good coach, we win at least 3 or 4 more games last year and are a lock for postseason.

We have talent, and with good decision making and player development, there is no way we miss out on postseason last year. Holbrook recruited well, just game coaching was not his forte. With a good coach, we win at least 3 or 4 more games last year and are a lock for postseason.
Nor was player discipline and fundamentals. Something CMK brings back to Gamecock Baseball.

Reactions: bushmastercock
Buddy system
Tanner=Holbrook
Spurrier =Whammy
Muschamp = McClendon????

The schedule is loaded with cupcakes .... only 8 SEC teams ranked in the the top 16 ... must be a 'down year'.

fttgdstkabjk

Win with the schedule we have, and everything else will take care of itself. Preseason polls are worthless in college baseball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT