ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win State

congratulations great first half they had but if they played Hillcrest 10 times Hillcrest would beat them nine straight

When I was stationed at Shaw in 1968-1972 Sumter won the state 1 year. They had the greatest high school QB I had ever seen. I think his name was Freddie Solomon. They called him Fabulous Freedie" I am thinking his name was Freddie Solomon. Correct me if that isn't his name.

This post was edited on 3/7 10:33 PM by Imavolfan

This post was edited on 3/7 10:34 PM by Imavolfan

Originally posted by Imavolfan:
When I was stationed at Shaw in 1968-1972 Sumter won the state 1 year. They had the greatest high school QB I had ever seen. I think his name was Freddie Solomon. They called him Fabulous Freedie" I am thinking his name was Freddie Solomon. Correct me if that isn't his name.

This post was edited on 3/7 10:33 PM by Imavolfan

This post was edited on 3/7 10:34 PM by Imavolfan
That was his name. Many people say he's the best player ever from South Carolina.

Oh, good! A friend of mine texted me that she was going to the game. She

used to teach at SHS. Good job, Gamecocks!

GOCOCKS! BEATUT! BEATMO!

Sumter won the State title in 1969 with CA Wilson as the running back who played for USC. Actually lost to Mooney Player and Lower Richland in the playoffs with Solomon in 1970. Some say the reason we left the ACC was to get Solomon, but he didn't qualify and went to Tampa and set all kinds of records, then to the 49's as a wide receiver for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT