ADVERTISEMENT

Garnet and Black 2018

roundtableknights

Jun 14, 2018
When I use to train for marathons I made it a habit to train or, not to train each morning at 5:00 a.m. You see the way I did this was simple. If I put on my running shoes and went outside I still have a choice to run or go back inside. However, if I took that first initial step placing one foot in front of the other upon that back heel coming off the ground there was no turning back until the run was done.
My goal was to run 20 miles every other day of the week, a marathon is 26.2 miles. The point is this I knew somewhere out there is another runner doing the same as me. The only thing I had to do, to beat him was to train just a bit harder. I know you are asking yourself about the other 6.2 miles on race day how would I have what it takes to go the full distance? Well on race day I called upon something within me an undying spirit saying I did not get up at 5:00 a.m every morning to lose. You see there is a chemical reaction which takes place in one's brain when anger sets in, anger turns into fuel which drives you to do more. So on gameday never allow your training to become a crutch. My challenge to all Gamecock players if you can make a pledge to each other to win 7 games, that's right just "7" home games this year that's your 20 miles, now the 6.2 is won when you take the other 5 games it's that simple.
You see when you run a marathon you leave a part of you each and every mile you never get that back.When you make that final charge towards the end zone, when you repel that offense through sheer guts 60 minutes can bring immortality. Although memories will fade within you fans great and small, young and old will never forget that season you became legends. This is your legacy you leave behind and knowing that you played for one of the most prestigious Institutions in college football. Forever wave thee "Garnet and Black, Williams Brice" aka Rome.

Last edited:
Oh my.....

Do you really believe Muschamp doesn’t know how to motivate these guys. He has access to some the best motivational speakers in the country.....sh!t Marcus Lattimore is on staff and congressional Medal of Honor recipient, Kyle Carpenter is or was a student.

Reactions: AlphaChino
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT