ADVERTISEMENT

Garnet Thor declaring for NFL

lowcountry_cock13

Oct 12, 2017
Hayden is declaring after this year. He’s 25 and probably has a shot at 2 or 3rd round...Wish him well!

Hayden is declaring after this year. He’s 25 and probably has a shot at 2 or 3rd round...Wish him well!
Say it AINT SO..... If he does, I too wish him the BEST!!

giphy.gif

Not a big fan of the thought process of leaving early. I think most of the time it is a mistake...but good luck to the young man.

Not a big fan of the thought process of leaving early. I think most of the time it is a mistake...but good luck to the young man.
If you can go into the Top 3 rounds you should go. Staying another year won’t help him and at 25 he’s already 3 years older than a senior leaving, his years are numbered to make money.

Who else is walking? Talking about guys who have a year or two of eligibility left, have/will get their degree shortly, but who will probably never play here.

I can think of a few guys that fit that profile, but won't mention them.

While I think everyone expects him to go early, including Muschamp, I don't think he's actually acknowledged/declared it yet.

I think his most recent comments on the subject were “I’ve thought about it a little bit,” he said. “It’s something me, my dad and my mom are going to talk about and get with Coach (Will) Muschamp and have a decision when the season is over.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...-football/article184521033.html#storylink=cpy

Hate to see him go but he's certainly earned his NFL shot.

Reactions: 92Pony
While I think everyone expects him to go early, including Muschamp, I don't think he's actually acknowledged/declared it yet.

I think his most recent comments on the subject were “I’ve thought about it a little bit,” he said. “It’s something me, my dad and my mom are going to talk about and get with Coach (Will) Muschamp and have a decision when the season is over.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...-football/article184521033.html#storylink=cpy

Hate to see him go but he's certainly earned his NFL shot.

Right. I don't know why outlets are reporting this as such. Unless something has changed since noon-thirty, CWM only said something to the effect that he wanted Hayden to go ahead and walk on Sr day. He did not say that Hayden was definitely going. Good likelihood that he will, but........

Last edited:
The average life expectancy in the NFL is 3.3 yrs. He's 25 and an old man by NFL standards. No one can knock him, not that I'm saying you were knocking him.

We will be fine at tight end.
After Marcus I’m for leaving early if the player wants to. No other criteria matters.
You have one life, one body. Do whatcha want to do.

There have been several scouts coming to his games evaluating him all year.Cant blame him,just hope he isnt getting smoke blown up his rear

He still has 3 more games left. Let's have the media start pestering him now so he's distracted over the last 3 games.

Reactions: tngamecock#
My co-worker (a woman) calls him Hercules-like the Disney character. Think it was a given he was declaring for the draft after this season.

While many are writing him off to the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return. He lived the draining life of minor league baseball and I think he is having the time of his life right now. It is not all about the Benjamin's. He even said he is taken back when mentioned among the best tight ends in college football. Dude is grounded and doesn't seem all about money, fame and fortune. Secondly, he is tight with Bentley. He may want to go through the process with Bentley next year, who knows? I don't think 24 vs 25 years old will matter a whole hell of a lot. If you are taking in consideration 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds, you are looking at a significant drop off from 1st to 3rd when you talk about contracts. Coming back to move up in the draft may be in his best interest if that is a consideration as well. If he decides to go, I wish him all the best. He has represented us well.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-contract-values-2017-4

Reactions: cockofdawn
While many are writing him off to the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return. He lived the draining life of minor league baseball and I think he is having the time of his life right now. It is not all about the Benjamin's. He even said he is taken back when mentioned among the best tight ends in college football. Dude is grounded and doesn't seem all about money, fame and fortune. Secondly, he is tight with Bentley. He may want to go through the process with Bentley next year, who knows? I don't think 24 vs 25 years old will matter a whole hell of a lot. If you are taking in consideration 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds, you are looking at a significant drop off from 1st to 3rd when you talk about contracts. Coming back to move up in the draft may be in his best interest if that is a consideration as well. If he decides to go, I wish him all the best. He has represented us well.

I agree, to some Kids, it is about the College Experience, not the $$$$$
giphy.gif

He's 24 years old. If he has any chance at all to get drafted high, there's literally no reason for him to come back and risk injury. Wish him all the best in the league!

Bentley isn’t going anywhere next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT