ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett Riley, Kendal Briles or hire within?

Sep 28, 2015
Florence, SC
What ya got?

Riley would be a home run IMO…

Briles…not sold on him. Seems like Arkansas wants him gone as much as we wanted Satt gone.

Kitchens or Lembo?

Sure seemed like Beamer was talking quite a bit during offensive drives with Lembo…and he can draw up a hell of a fake FG/Punt.

There is zero chance of hiring Riley. I have no idea why he's even being mentioned.

What ya got?

Briles…not sold on him. Seems like Arkansas wants him gone as much as we wanted Satt gone.

Kitchens or Lembo?

Sure seemed like Beamer was talking quite a bit during offensive drives with Lembo…and he can draw up a hell of a fake FG/Punt.

Lembo will be the first to tell you he is not an OC so that’s not an answer. I honestly would rather rather have Briles than Riley. Briles has the ability to throw and run. Not just a total Air Raid offense. Don’t let the inbreeds in Arkansas confuse you. Briles and Pittman didn’t see eye to eye on the offensive philosophy after their QB was hurt. That led to confusion. I don’t think that is all Briles fault. Still their O was better than ours. And Briles can get us a yard when we on the one. Or in a 3rd and 1. Which I hate we felt we had to throw on the one at Clemson. I would rather have Phil Longo than anyone but would love Briles.

It won’t be from within. Beamer has evidently asked that he be allowed to pay what is necessary to bring in a top talent as part of his extension (more on that later). He was told to get the best he can get. Beamer has his sites set on someone really good.

I’m from Florence and know that we’ve been after Lanorris Sellers QB from South Florence for the last little bit.

He wasn’t a big Satt fan from what I understand. Hope he flips from Syracuse to us…kid is special.

The staff really wants this kid. I haven’t seen him play but they are trying hard to flip him and build an offense around him.

I’m from Florence and know that we’ve been after Lanorris Sellers QB from South Florence for the last little bit.

He wasn’t a big Satt fan from what I understand. Hope he flips from Syracuse to us…kid is special.
I've watched that kid a bunch this season. He's a stud, should be 4-star instead of 3.

What ya got?

Kitchens or Lembo?

I am not knowledgeable about these things so, please accept the sincerity of my question. I am not criticizing your hopes at all.

BUT, you can wish all you want for a Vince Lombardi or a Don Shula but, what gives you any hope, whatsoever, that either Riley or Briles would even entertain the notion of discussing coming here as an OC, let alone actually making the move? Again, not criticizing but, would you, personally, ever even consider leaving a successful program to make a lateral move to work for Shane Beamer?

And I realize that you didn't bring it up but, for the Mike Shanahan hopefuls, ... OMG!!! he's almost as old as I am.

Please do not respond with any "Head Coach-in-Waiting" bait. Both Muschump & TexAss became laughing stocks after that faux pas.

Looking at what Briles has done this year:

Total Offense: # 27
Rushing Offense: # 9
Completion Percentage: # 32
Passes Had Intercepted: tied @ # 19
Passing Yards Per Completion: # 31
Team Passing Efficiency: # 16

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
I am not knowledgeable about these things so, please accept the sincerity of my question. I am not criticizing your hopes at all.

BUT, you can wish all you want for a Vince Lombardi or a Don Shula but, what gives you any hope, whatsoever, that either Riley or Briles would even entertain the notion of discussing coming here as an OC, let alone actually making the move? Again, not criticizing but, would you, personally, ever even consider leaving a successful program to make a lateral move to work for Shane Beamer?

And I realize that you didn't bring it up but, for the Mike Shanahan hopefuls, ... OMG!!! he's almost as old as I am.

Please do not respond with any "Head Coach-in-Waiting" bait. Both Muschump & TexAss became laughing stocks after that faux pas.
2 million would make anyone move I would think.

It won’t be from within. Beamer has evidently asked that he be allowed to pay what is necessary to bring in a top talent as part of his extension (more on that later). He was told to get the best he can get. Beamer has his sites set on someone really good.

Don't we have a phantom play caller that just beat Tennessee and Clemson on staff already? Why not hire that guy?

Looking at what Briles has done this year:

Total Offense: # 27
Rushing Offense: # 9
Completion Percentage: # 32
Passes Had Intercepted: tied @ # 19
Passing Yards Per Completion: # 31
Team Passing Efficiency: # 16
With a hurt star qb trying to play.

In 8 years as Offensive Coordinator, Briles offenses have ranked nationally in Total Offense: Numbers 1, 6, 9, 7, 59, 66, 28 and 27.

If Arkansas wants him gone, that proves that Albert Einstein was right when he said:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe".

If it truly was someone else calling plays vs UT and clemsux, why in the world would you not promote that guy? If he goes outside I would say that is compelling proof that there was no one else calling the plays.

In 8 years as Offensive Coordinator, Briles offenses have ranked nationally in Total Offense: Numbers 1, 6, 9, 7, 59, 66, 28 and 27.

If Arkansas wants him gone, that proves that Albert Einstein was right when he said:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe".

Or that statistics can prove anything. Definitely don’t want to be taking a guy that a fanbase that sees him every week wants gone. USC doesn’t need another program’s problem.

All this talk about someone else calling plays is stupid....the plays we ran the last 2 games were not all new plays we ran them all year it is just we executed them!

Don't we have a phantom play caller that just beat Tennessee and Clemson on staff already? Why not hire that guy?

there was no mystery play caller. Beamer made the offensive staff narrow the playbook and limit the personnel groupings. The play calling was more a group input but Satt had final say. The thing that made a difference is simplifying the playbook and keep our good players on the field.

there was no mystery play caller. Beamer made the offensive staff narrow the playbook and limit the personnel groupings. The play calling was more a group input but Satt had final say. The thing that made a difference is simplifying the playbook and keep our good players on the field.
I wish I could talk to you about this in a way that wouldn't betray a confidence.

I

wish you could too now. Lol. I feel like everything was different. He may have “called” those plays in. But I don’t believe they were his design…
I think his post was more correct than incorrect. But earlier events had already determined where we are today in terms of staff. That's as far as I can go. Friendship is more important than disclosure.

ADVERTISEMENT