ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia -10.5 over South Carolina

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Meechie and Brown scored a combine total of five points against Florida and will have to do much better this evening for South Carolina to have a chance at a win. Need Carter to score over 20 points also. I wonder if Davis will have to sit this game out since he got ejected out of the game against the Gators.

i

Meechie and Brown scored a combine total of five points against Florida and will have to do much better this evening for South Carolina to have a chance at a win. Need Carter to score over 20 points also. I wonder if Davis will have to sit this game out since he got ejected out of the game against the Gators.

i
Dawgs with the points, I've seen all I need to with thus squad. If they don't lose by 20, I'd be shocked.

While we have not played well, I've never seen as much biased officiating as I have seen in this game, Georgia has been getting away with murder and every little tap they are calling against us

South Carolina gave this game away. A 12 point lead with 13 minutes left in the game and then comes a series of some clumsy turnovers. Needed to win this evening because South Carolina will not get this many chances like this. I have not looked at the schedule, but I think the only chance to win games that are still to be played are Mississippi State (I think South Carolina plays them twice) a home a game against Georgia, road game against Louisiana State and home game against Arkansas

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
UGA hasn’t beaten us since 2016. We dominated. They made adjustments and we didn’t.

South Carolina gave this game away. A 12 point lead with 13 minutes left in the game and then comes a series of some clumsy turnovers. Needed to win this evening because South Carolina will not get this many chances like this. I have not looked at the schedule, but I think the only chance to win games that are still to be played are Mississippi State (I think South Carolina plays them twice) a home a game against Georgia, road game against Louisiana State and home game against Arkansas
1. Our ball handling is horrific.
2. Our pick and roll defense is hoping Georgia misses a dunk.
3. Hayden Brown fouling out hurt bad. He was busting his tail on the boards.
4. There were some horrible calls late, but 1,2, and 3 hurt just as much. Not blaming it on refs

Try not to get too frustrated. We did let a rare chance to steal one get away, but win or lose we’re in the dumpster this year. I’d rather save the good bounces for when it really matters for us. Might be a while before it matters though.

4. There were some horrible calls late, but 1,2, and 3 hurt just as much. Not blaming it on refs

Try not to get too frustrated. We did let a rare chance to steal one get away, but win or lose we’re in the dumpster this year. I’d rather save the good bounces for when it really matters for us. Might be a while before it matters though.
I accepted the fact that after the Charleston tournament that this team was very unlikely to reach post season. I just like to see the kids win when they have a chance because it has been a rough season. Also whoever returns to the team next season, I would like them to gain confidence this season.

I accepted the fact that after the Charleston tournament that this team was very unlikely to reach post season. I just like to see the kids win when they have a chance because it has been a rough season. Also whoever returns to the team next season, I would like them to gain confidence this season.
South Carolina lacks options from the bench that Coach Paris is willing to let Brown play in the first half with two fouls. In the Florida game, I think Brown fouled out with 12 minutes left in the game.

South Carolina lacks options from the bench that Coach Paris is willing to let Brown play in the first half with two fouls. In the Florida game, I think Brown fouled out with 12 minutes left in the game.
I agree with you. We not only have issues on our starting 5 but there’s only a couple of guys on that bench that will even crack the court. There will be about 6-8 bench players that will be encouraged to transfer next season.

One thing is for certain. There are too many on the bench that will never see playing time. Part of the process must be to have them leave the team. GG plays good but seems to be just waiting for the end of season. Sadly it looks like he will leave.
Also there is one player costing the team every time he plays. If you watch the games as I do: You know who he is.

Too often, we seem to forget there is another team on the court. I continue to be flabbergasted at the number of lazy passes we commit this late in the season. Unreal. Have we even addressed that? Doesnt look like it. It's been a problem since day one. I think what shocks me the most is our best players will pass just as lazy as anyone. I have never seen a team so frustrating to watch.

Too often, we seem to forget there is another team on the court. I continue to be flabbergasted at the number of lazy passes we commit this late in the season. Unreal. Have we even addressed that? Doesnt look like it. It's been a problem since day one. I think what shocks me the most is our best players will pass just as lazy as anyone. I have never seen a team so frustrating to watch.
The lazy passes was an Issue, but South Carolina could not handle the half court press or whatever Georgia was running in the last 13 minutes that led to frequent turnovers. South Carolina even received a ten second violation ( I think that is the second one this season) which you do not see that often anymore. What happened in the last 13 minutes of the game is my interpretation of what train wreck means. In overtime South Carolina had a three on one break and came away with no points and then I knew South Carolina would blow this game.

After the game I ate a Snickers to see if would calm me down like in the commercials, but it did not work. Even though I am still bitter about the loss, I will be watching the rest of the games this season rooting South Carolina on for a win.

The lazy passes was an Issue, but South Carolina could not handle the half court press or whatever Georgia was running in the last 13 minutes that led to frequent turnovers. South Carolina even received a ten second violation ( I think that is the second one this season) which you do not see that often anymore. What happened in the last 13 minutes of the game is my interpretation of what train wreck means. In overtime South Carolina had a three on one break and came away with no points and then I knew South Carolina would blow this game.

After the game I ate a Snickers to see if would calm me down like in the commercials, but it did not work. Even though I am still bitter about the loss, I will be watching the rest of the games this season rooting South Carolina on for a win.
We certainly have multiple issues when it comes to execution. The thing that bothers me about the passes is it should the easiest of our issues to correct if the effort is there. I truely believe we'd be a .500 team if that one aspect of the game was beefed up. The uga game is one example. Yeah we had a meltdown late in the game and officiating was horrendous, but imo better passes (not too much to ask) earlier in the game and we win.

Last edited:
We certainly have multiple issues when it comes to execution. The thing that bothers me about the passes is it should the easiest of our issues to correct if the effort is there. I truely believe we'd be a .500 team if that one aspect of the game was beefed up. The uga game is one example. Yeah we had a meltdown late in the game and officiating was horrendous, but imo better passes (not too much to ask) earlier in the game and we win.
A lot of simple issues like telegraphing the pass against the trap, picking the ball up in the corner or passing someone into a trap. Honestly most presses at this level usually get burned pretty quickly which is why so few of teams press anymore. But our ball handling, passing and decision making made Georgias press the difference in the game.

I agree with what you said. Two points I would make though:
1- we were homered severely by the refs. So yes, you can blam the loss on the refs, at last partially.
2- this far into the season we should be able to handle a pressing defense. I think that aspect of the loss can be blamed on coaching/lack of execution

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT