ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Southern wins Camellia bowl

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
on last second field goal by an Irmo native.
Their QB is also from Clinton. Congrats to that program. From 2-10 to 10-3.

Reactions: king ward
No. Georgia Southern, after they hit the skids?
Yeah, Chad Lunsford. He was a grad assistant when I played and he was an ass. Heard when he left to go to App State one of their players slammed him against a locker and threatened to beat him up. I can believe that. I'm just glad I only had to tolerate his smug arrogant self for a year before he left.

Reactions: king ward
Yeah, Chad Lunsford. He was a grad assistant when I played and he was an ass. Heard when he left to go to App State one of their players slammed him against a locker and threatened to beat him up. I can believe that. I'm just glad I only had to tolerate his smug arrogant self for a year before he left.

You played at Southern? I might know who you are. I followed that program pretty close for a long time. Still pay attention and root for them.

You played at Southern? I might know who you are. I followed that program pretty close for a long time. Still pay attention and root for them.
No, Georgia Military College. Lunsford was a grad assistant, recruiting coordinator and RB coach when I was there. He was there my freshman year and then got a job with App State, then he came back to GMC for a couple years after I'd left then went to Georgia Southern. I was on defense and my only dealings with him was he ran study hall and woke us up for winter workouts.

No, Georgia Military College. Lunsford was a grad assistant, recruiting coordinator and RB coach when I was there. He was there my freshman year and then got a job with App State, then he came back to GMC for a couple years after I'd left then went to Georgia Southern. I was on defense and my only dealings with him was he ran study hall and woke us up for winter workouts.

Ah, thanks. Lunsford was at Southern with Jeff Monken for a while several years ago.

I got mixed feelings about the man. Sometimes he comes across as too something I can't put my finger on. But he's done a hell of a job there so far.

I lost a lot of my interest in the program when they moved to FBS. I live just down road and used to love it back when Erk and Paul Johnson were there running amok in I-AA with the flexbone. It was great football.

After Monken left for Army I kind of backed off caring as much.

Ah, thanks. Lunsford was at Southern with Jeff Monken for a while several years ago.

I got mixed feelings about the man. Sometimes he comes across as too something I can't put my finger on. But he's done a hell of a job there so far.

I lost a lot of my interest in the program when they moved to FBS. I live just down road and used to love it back when Erk and Paul Johnson were there running amok in I-AA with the flexbone. It was great football.

After Monken left for Army I kind of backed off caring as much.
It's crazy how far and fast his career has progressed seeing is how he never played in college and was ok in high school. He was an arrogant jerk the one year I was around him. I had the flu oneday and wasn't going to practice, so I walk over to the football building to tell Ms Karen (head coach secretary) I was sick. She wasn't in but he comes walking down the hall. I told him what the deal was and he said he'd tell coach Nunn (head coach). Never did so they think I skipped practice. Had to run 50 gassers everyday after practice for a week because of that jackass. He did that kind of crap to a lot of players. We all hated him. He's a good coach though from what I can tell, but he's the worst coach as a person I've ever been around.

It's crazy how far and fast his career has progressed seeing is how he never played in college and was ok in high school. He was an arrogant jerk the one year I was around him. I had the flu oneday and wasn't going to practice, so I walk over to the football building to tell Ms Karen (head coach secretary) I was sick. She wasn't in but he comes walking down the hall. I told him what the deal was and he said he'd tell coach Nunn (head coach). Never did so they think I skipped practice. Had to run 50 gassers everyday after practice for a week because of that jackass. He did that kind of crap to a lot of players. We all hated him. He's a good coach though from what I can tell, but he's the worst coach as a person I've ever been around.

Dang.

I know he's hell on folding chairs these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT