ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Hopefully we and UGA will be 2-0. I dont have a good feeling about this game at all. In fact I think we take a bad beating. 48-17. We simply dont have the horses. But, maybe in the years to come Muschamp will work his magic. And take UGA down the drain.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
I'm hopeful for a good showing vs UGA...they obviously have a loaded roster, but are still playing 1990s football. If we can stay creative, who knows what might happen.

Reactions: TAV31
Not a chance, they are opening up their offense with Daniels and Kirby won't call off the dogs in this one.

At least they’re smart enough to see a few years ahead. We need to pull for USF, because fat Brad’s son is a big loss for Dabo. Results were apparent last recruiting cycle. Strong? Yes. A noticeable dip? Yes.

Whatever the opposite of the midas touch is, that's what Champ has. We can only hope that he's allowed access to the entire team on a daily basis. Florida fans tried warning us.

Reactions: Robhawk29 and F-86F
It won't be that bad. It'll be decisive, but I think Beamer will have us in shape to mostly not get embarrassed. This team was just so poorly prepared and undisciplined under Muschamp and I really don't think that'll be the case under Beamer. It's hard to remember games under Muschamp when we came out looking well-coached adn prepared for the game. UGA will still easily on talent, but I expect to see us play disciplined football

Gap integrity is his speciality along with running out the clock when he's down by 7.

Its worse than that. I believe we were down two scores. We get the ball (and I am approximating cause I sure as hell ain’t going to go watch it again) with about 9 minutes to go needing two scores and three to win. He uses the burn the clock approach and literally uses up the play clock on every play. So when the pass to the end zone failed to make it a 1 score game, there were less than 3 min left I believe. That moment is when every bit of support I had for him went out the window. He made me feel much better about my resentment when he tried to sell it in the press conference like that was what you’re supposed to do……aka instead of hurry up, be slow and deliberate. That’s when I knew he had totally lost it. Even the announcer was screaming what are you doing why is there no sense of urgency.

Its worse than that. I believe we were down two scores. We get the ball (and I am approximating cause I sure as hell ain’t going to go watch it again) with about 9 minutes to go needing two scores and three to win. He uses the burn the clock approach and literally uses up the play clock on every play. So when the pass to the end zone failed to make it a 1 score game, there were less than 3 min left I believe. That moment is when every bit of support I had for him went out the window. He made me feel much better about my resentment when he tried to sell it in the press conference like that was what you’re supposed to do……aka instead of hurry up, be slow and deliberate. That’s when I knew he had totally lost it. Even the announcer was screaming what are you doing why is there no sense of urgency.
Should be a chinese wall between Muschamp and the offense.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Dont look for Smart to call off the Dawgs, so to speak. Now that his buddy Muschamp isnt coaching the Gamecocks.
Yes....we always had a sympathetic buddy who knew he had much more with Smart over WM....and now that's gone.
What I don't like about our schemes is....we're going the "GA" blueprint in the SEC offensively...and we are going to be attempting to do it with much less talent.

We are always going to lesser talent than UF, LSU, Bama, A&M and most years Tennessee and Auburn as well....so scheme, accountability and culture become extremely important. The latter two parts of that three characteristic trio erode quickly when losses pile up. Even early....no chance vs. GA this year EVEN if they're all sleep walking through the game like they did in the last two and half quarters of last year's game.

Reactions: F-86F
It was clear he was told the team needed to show it could "compete," meaning don't get blown out. He wasn't trying to win - he was trying to keep the other team from dropping another TD on him. The players had to know it. And once that happened, they threw in the towel.

UGA has more talent across the board and it's in Athens. It will be a long shot to say the least.

Some really good head coaches think he is.

Maybe a lot of head coaches have that opinion of Muschamp, I personally do not know any coaches. But looking at the defensive teams he had at USC I have to say he was not that good at it. Muschamp coached the secondary that got torched on a regular basis.

USCALUMNI

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
Some really good head coaches think he is.
Some really good head coaches think he can sell ice to eskimos . I think he has the ability to relate to kids , and he knows the right things to say to kids in regards to the buzzwords of college football. He‘s proven himself not to be a successful head coach, nor a defensive genius.
He‘s more of a guy to drink beer and talk football with by the grill. His wife is super hot, so he gets an invite by default.

Come on now, give the guy some credit. Not only could his DBs make a solid hit after giving up a 25 yard gain, their $hit-talking after the fact was on point. That's how you get in your opponents' head. Yeah, you might get from your 20 to first-and-goal in three plays, but you're gonna hear about it from us!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT