ADVERTISEMENT

Getting around to watching the UT game (via Youtube)......

92Pony

Jan 18, 2011
A couple early observations;

1> These announcers are horrible! I missed their names at the beginning, but as UT-ish as the one guy was (Tuberville?), at first I thought it must have been P. Fulmer calling it!

2> Skai with the chin tickle - ROFL!!!!!!

Reactions: section907

1> These announcers are horrible! I missed their names at the beginning, but as UT-ish as the one guy was (Tuberville?), at first I thought it must have been P. Fulmer calling it!

We have never had good announcers or refs. They are all anti-USC.

Love the chin tickle.

I thought Tuberville was real complimentary of Carolina the entire of game
Not sure if that is sarcasm, but heard Tuberville constantly talking about how SC's D was tired (even in the 1st half!), how the O was terrible (he may hve had a point there), and how CWM would need to have a talk with the ST coach if we lose the game because ST had been terrible on the day - that was after the only real ST miscue; the botched PAT.

Initially, I was really wondering if the Knoxville radio broadcast had been dubbed over the Youtube video. :confused:

Not sure if that is sarcasm, but heard Tuberville constantly talking about how SC's D was tired (even in the 1st half!), how the O was terrible (he may hve had a point there), and how CWM would need to have a talk with the ST coach if we lose the game because ST had been terrible on the day - that was after the only real ST miscue; the botched PAT.

Initially, I was really wondering if the Knoxville radio broadcast had been dubbed over the Youtube video. :confused:
We also had two terrible blocks in the back on ST.

I thought the whole broadcast was pretty poorly done. They almost missed several plays with cuts to the field as the snap was made (seemed like this only happened when we had the ball). The Phil Fulmer interview went on far too long. I agree with 92Pony, much of the commentary sounded like the Vols network.

Reactions: Coppertopp

I heard the comment about our tired defense. I didn't understand it. We might have been tired off chasing their quarterback all over the field.

Reactions: viennacocks

I think Tuberville is one of the best informed, knowledgeable, and most evenhanded color commentator there is today. I love listening to him. If he were a little more expressive, he would move up in the hierarchy.

Reactions: Brace1
I thought the coverage was just great. The 10 minute interview of Phil Fulmer during the entirety of one of our possessions was particularly enjoyable.

That's when I started yelling at the TV.
I FFed thru that and thought it was something that should have been saved for HT. There's already too much yakking during a FB game.
If you think that announcing was bad fpr our game, try listening to that woman announcing the Florida/ A&M game. Sorry, but a woman announcing a football game is turrable!
Ugh! Can't stand that. Have to mute the sound. A MBB female announcer is almost as bad.

Tuberville was a coach for 40+ years and I enjoyed his insight. He's a little rough around the edges but still is more knowledgeable than any other announcer we've had. Good for ESPN for putting him on instead of the typical "diversity" hire.

Yeah? Maybe so, but his voice is terrible! Not as whiny as Mack Brown, but equally annoying. IMO

Ditto! Brown is the worst with Tubberville a close second. They both are supposed to add color commentary, but they both talk way too much. Tuberville must have said, "As a coach ... and "When I coached" ... 1-2 dozen times. You get the impression that they think they should be coaching instead of the younger guys doing it today.

I remember Brown expressed interest in the SC job before we hired CWM saying, "I'd love the opportunity to see if the fire is still there." That statement is so not what an AD wants to hear.

We have never had good announcers or refs. They are all anti-USC.

Love the chin tickle.

"ESPN hates us."

If you think that announcing was bad fpr our game, try listening to that woman announcing the Florida/ A&M game. Sorry, but a woman announcing a football game is turrable!

I FFed thru that and thought it was something that should have been saved for HT. There's already too much yakking during a FB game.

Ugh! Can't stand that. Have to mute the sound. A MBB female announcer is almost as bad.
Yeah. Those stupid women should know better than to come out of the kitchen!!!!1

Chizak, Fulmer, Brown, and Tuberville all have something in common... They were all fired...

Can't they get a retired coaches to be announcers???

Fired coaches make themselves sound smart while watching plays on TV and tell you what's going on...

If they were smart coaches, they wouldn't have been fired and we wouldn't have to listen them on TV...

Chizak, Fulmer, Brown, and Tuberville all have something in common... They were all fired...

Can't they get a retired coaches to be announcers???

Fired coaches make themselves sound smart while watching plays on TV and tell you what's going on...

If they were smart coaches, they wouldn't have been fired and we wouldn't have to listen them on TV...
You mean at least 2 coaches that won national titles aren't smart coaches? You're full of it.

The thinness of the skin on some of y'all is unbelievable! I did not perceive the commentary during the game to be "anti-USC"
"A lot of people have left this stadium from Tennessee and they might've wished they'd stayed for this celebration. This will be fun to watch."

I don't believe Tuberville intended that to be demeaning to USC but if you don't believe it sounds demeaning I don't know what to tell you.
My skin's as think as an elephants but I thought "WTH...TT just dissed our defense and thinks UT is about to pull this out."

Reactions: 92Pony
It wasn't "anti-USC", but was more "pro-UT". Like I said, felt like I was listening to the Knoxville radio coverage.

"A lot of people have left this stadium from Tennessee and they might've wished they'd stayed for this celebration. This will be fun to watch."

I don't believe Tuberville intended that to be demeaning to USC but if you don't believe it sounds demeaning I don't know what to tell you.
My skin's as think as an elephants but I thought "WTH...TT just dissed our defense and thinks UT is about to pull this out."
I just thought he was simply saying that if UT scores, a lot of fans are going to be sorry they left and didn't see it. More of an insult to UT fans leaving early when the game was in question than a slight about our defense.

I just thought he was simply saying that if UT scores, a lot of fans are going to be sorry they left and didn't see it. More of an insult to UT fans leaving early when the game was in question than a slight about our defense.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!!

Yep. Tuberville made a few dumb statements during the game but in no way was he biased against us.

Some of the Confirmation Biased posters on here can't accept any derogatory comments through their garnet colored ears.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
If you think that was "biased" against us you have never watched a game where Matt Stinchcombe did the color.

I thought Tuberville was real complimentary of Carolina the entire of game

You can't be serious. At one point in the game Tubberville said that SC better score on special teams or defense because the offense had 0% chance of scoring.

He basically called SC an awful team up until they scored the TD.

Now I don't think he was biased. He also trashed Tenn. But he CERTAINLY wasn't complimentary towards SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT