ADVERTISEMENT

Give me some first year guys that could see significant playing time?

Shi Smith has the athletic ability at wide receiver. Let's see how quickly he gets the playbook though.

A DT doesn't need lightning speed or super quickness. We just need someone on the interior of the line to "eat up" blocks and move the line, so our LB'site are free to make plays. He should be able to eat up double teams at his size.
He was originally a DE. I think he still has some quickness, quicker than most DTs anyway.

Reactions: BigTomE
A DT doesn't need lightning speed or super quickness. We just need someone on the interior of the line to "eat up" blocks and move the line, so our LB'site are free to make plays. He should be able to eat up double teams at his size.
I was really referring to O-linemen like Rod had mentioned. You're right about d-linemen plugging up the middle.

Reactions: BigTomE
Dickerson, Kinlaw, O Smith, S Smith at returner, Jamyest Williams at nickle, MJ Webb, which ever freshman DE can rush the QB

Kinlaw can rush the passer and stop the run, and he is # 99 he will play, remember Lance Thompson said this guy is like a son to him, a 3 technique who can actually play the 3 technique or something like that.

That is Kinlaw without pads by the way

Javon-Kinlaw_zyot4i.jpg

Reactions: carolinakg
A DT only becomes a"blocker-eater" if the O-line can't block him with 1 guy. So yeah, he'll need a combination of strength, quickness, and playing ability to be that kind of player. I hope he, and several others, have it.

Rico Dynamite- this guy has a cannon for an arm. Very confident in his abilities- claims he can throw it over a mountain. He's not on the team yet, but hopes to walk on. Some claim that if his coach would've put him in more in high school they could have won state, no question. Apparently the younger players look up to him, some even call him, "Uncle".

Reactions: thisisnextyr
Dang, Kinlaw is huge.
Outside of JW and OS, I have high hopes for Webb and Dickerson.

Dickerson, Kinlaw, O Smith, S Smith at returner, Jamyest Williams at nickle, MJ Webb, which ever freshman DE can rush the QB

Kinlaw can rush the passer and stop the run, and he is # 99 he will play, remember Lance Thompson said this guy is like a son to him, a 3 technique who can actually play the 3 technique or something like that.

That is Kinlaw without pads by the way

Javon-Kinlaw_zyot4i.jpg

He looks like me without pads...:D

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT