ADVERTISEMENT

Given the average American's life expectancy is 950 months, how much more time

cadcock

Aug 31, 1999
do you think most people are going to give this quarantine before they say enough is enough. I'll be surprised if most people are willing to remain quarantined through May. What say you?

I think most people are ok with it going through the end of the month. Beyond that, I don't think people will stick with it. It simply isn't realistic. You can argue all the medical data you want, but medical data eventually runs into the brick wall of real life. At some point people will decide they'd rather take their chances with a disease that has a 98-99% recovery rate.

I think most people are ok with it going through the end of the month. Beyond that, I don't think people will stick with it. It simply isn't realistic. You can argue all the medical data you want, but medical data eventually runs into the brick wall of real life. At some point people will decide they'd rather take their chances with a disease that has a 98-99% recovery rate.
I"m at that point already. Following the stay orders as it's the right thing to do but given the choice, I'd rather take the necessary precautions I need to and roll the dice.

Quarintine is not that bad. Some people are coming unraveled. I'm not referring to people that are out of work.

Quarintine is not that bad. Some people are coming unraveled. I'm not referring to people that are out of work.

The people that are out of work won't put up with this past the end of this month. I don't think you hear a lot of complaining right now b/c folks generally feel like it's the right thing to do, but people will not endure personal ruin.

There is going to be a lot of voluntarily self-quarantining and a lot of businesses that will delay opening back up because of fear over getting the infection and fear over being sued. In the future, you will see commercials from law firms inviting lawsuits against businesses for people who may have been harmed. I'm not advocating this. I'm just saying it's going to happen. The number of deaths in the U.S. from Coronavirus has already surpassed that from Swine Flu. And I'm afraid we are just getting started.

do you think most people are going to give this quarantine before they say enough is enough. I'll be surprised if most people are willing to remain quarantined through May. What say you?

I think the end of April is going to be the end of quarantine for most Americans. That is my personal believe because warm weather is here in the South.

Reactions: cadcock
End of April. No red-blooded American should be ok with this nonsense beyond then. I’m really not ok with it now, but I understand what the local, state, and federal government are trying to do. It was probably the right call at the time in light of the projected numbers. The new numbers simply don’t bear it out.

Reactions: paladin181
I think it will end at the end of April. But anyone who thinks that won't be a "roll of the dice" is fooling themselves.

2 things to keep in mind 1)Business are not going to open as long as there is Stay at Home orders in place. Should they open the state will close them down. These orders in all likelihood will be in place till the end of May.
2) Despite what many hope or want, there is not going to be a flip of a switch and we all go back to normal. Expect incremental steps on what facilities reopen with Social Distancing still being observed and many still wearing masks.

There will not be a back to normal until a vaccine becomes readily available.
Not what many want to hear, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Golden Cock
2 things to keep in mind 1)Business are not going to open as long as there is Stay at Home orders in place. Should they open the state will close them down. These orders in all likelihood will be in place till the end of May.
2) Despite what many hope or want, there is not going to be a flip of a switch and we all go back to normal. Expect incremental steps on what facilities reopen with Social Distancing still being observed and many still wearing masks.

There will not be a back to normal until a vaccine becomes readily available.
Not what many want to hear, but it is what it is.

We'll agree to disagree. I do not think this total shutdown will last til Memorial Day. I do agree it will be an incremental restart, and it will start before end of May.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT