ADVERTISEMENT

Glenn Campbell died

Alzheimers/Dementia. Man, if I could curb-stomp a single disease, it would be that one.

Part of the legendary Wrecking Crew. Played with Frank Sinatra, the Beach Boys, and countless others. A true modern musical legend.

Here's a great video about his final tour and his life:

Man what a talent he was.
Thanks for all your music you and your family are gentle on ourminds

I dip my cup of soup back from a gurglin' cracklin' cauldron
In some train yard
My beard a rustlin' coal pile
And a dirty hat pulled low across my face
Through cupped hands 'round a tin can
I pretend to hold you to my breast and find
That you're waitin' from the back roads
By the rivers of my memory
Ever smilin', ever gentle on my mind

Reactions: jbouton and msh1958
Much like Brad Paisley, his pure talent on guitar will finally be appreciated.
Paisley is a bad ass. I hate to think he has to die to be admired.
RIP Mr. Campbell. A true Axeman.

Young people today have No clue of the great music us older people grew up listening to. The 60's and 70's without a doubt the Best music ever.

No doubt, I favor 60's a bit more. Last time you could have pop (beatles) rock (ccr) soul (motown, stax) and country (glen campbell, jerry reed) on the same radio station. Now everything is specialized, kind of sad

Much like Brad Paisley, his pure talent on guitar will finally be appreciated.
Paisley is a bad ass. I hate to think he has to die to be admired.
RIP Mr. Campbell. A true Axeman.

Totally agree with you bro !!! As a working musician for the last twenty years I can tell ya Glenn Campbell is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time . You always hear about Chet , Jerry Reed , Les Paul but Glenn should be In that conversation . I think guys like Glenn and Prince were such astonishing good songwriters and singers that they don't get the credit they deserve for being such amazing players

Totally agree with you bro !!! As a working musician for the last twenty years I can tell ya Glenn Campbell is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time . You always hear about Chet , Jerry Reed , Les Paul but Glenn should be In that conversation . I think guys like Glenn and Prince were such astonishing good songwriters and singers that they don't get the credit they deserve for being such amazing players
He could also play numerous instruments Eddie Van Halen, according to Alice Cooper, once asked Campbell to give him guitar lessons.

He could also play numerous instruments Eddie Van Halen, according to Alice Cooper, once asked Campbell to give him guitar lessons.

I watched that yesterday, too. I had no idea they were good friends and golfing buddies.

I think not. Her story was he used to physically abuse her, thus the reason for the divorce.

Good golly, man. Seriously? Read the link I provided.

The link is the red text ^^^

Article Title: Tanya Tucker on Glen Campbell: 'I'll Forever Love You, Glen'

Tanya Tucker's own words:

"I'm just devastated. Absolutely devastated. It's been so hard these past several years knowing what he's been going through. My heart just breaks," Tucker says. "Glen and I shared some incredible, precious memories together for a long time. There were some ups and downs and, of course, all the downs were played out in the press. We both got past all that. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing."

She wrote a song for him, the proceeds of which benefit the Alzheimer's Association of America.

"I'm releasing 'Forever Loving You' in memory of Glen and for all of those who are losing or have lost someone they love," Tucker says. "I'll forever love you, Glen."

You "think not." Indeed.

I guess she forgave him. At the time of separation that was not the case. Forgiveness is a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT