ADVERTISEMENT

GO JOIN TIGERNET

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
With all the progress Will Muschamp and his staff have made in coaching and recruiting there is still a large number of posters on this board that are obsessed with criticizing our recruits and coaches and going absolutely gaga over Clemson. I expect some of them never played a down of football in their lives as evidenced by their posts. They fail to see that we have an exceptionally good class, right there with traditional powers like LSU and Auburn but you don't hear them complaining about the success that Georgia or Alabama are having. I suggest that these posters cancel their membership and move over to Tigernet. This is a Gamecock Forum and if all you can do is whine, groan and complain get the hell gone.

With all the progress Will Muschamp and his staff have made in coaching and recruiting there is still a large number of posters on this board that are obsessed with criticizing our recruits and coaches and going absolutely gaga over Clemson. I expect some of them never played a down of football in their lives as evidenced by their posts. They fail to see that we have an exceptionally good class, right there with traditional powers like LSU and Auburn but you don't hear them complaining about the success that Georgia or Alabama are having. I suggest that these posters cancel their membership and move over to Tigernet. This is a Gamecock Forum and if all you can do is whine, groan and complain get the hell gone.
i agree. like to first poster to follow your well thought out and sensible thread. i wont name any names. but i truly dont think that you can help them find some semblance of sanity in their rantings. they're sorta like the liberal left. dont like it? just riot, tear things down, force your agenda on those around you. and keep pushing negativity until bad becomes a lot worse. unfortunately, attempting to help those that have a dark negative heart is a very difficult task indeed. i think i will like the ignore button as one of my favorite things on this board.

Reactions: 01fatboy
This board is for discussion. If its not your opinion doesnt mean its wrong. Discussion doesnt involve sunshine and rainbows all the time. Some people have a vision of this program rising above middle of the SEC, and until enough of the fanbase and administration has this vision, then we'll be the same old "wait til next year" team for years to come.

If all you wanna do is write and hear your own opinion start a blog, and delete the comment options.

This board is for discussion. If its not your opinion doesnt mean its wrong. Discussion doesnt involve sunshine and rainbows all the time. Some people have a vision of this program rising above middle of the SEC, and until enough of the fanbase and administration has this vision, then we'll be the same old "wait til next year" team for years to come.

If all you wanna do is write and hear your own opinion start a blog, and delete the comment options.
That' s all well and good, but this board is the most trolled Carolina board that I have ever been on. Tater trolls come here and start dumb threads, stirring the pot, then linking it to tigernet.

Completely agree with your post!

Ugh, you think LSU and Auburn fans don't care about Alabama's success?

Reactions: griffgolf
Does Clemson have a free message board? They use to have bad apple but I think that’s been moved or taken down. I do know they would kick you off if you made any type of negative post about Clemson. But here at FGF you can talk all the smack you want about Carolina and nothing happens.

Reactions: PULL4USC
when house tater aren't using their pecker suckers on their family, they hang out over here like little sheep with code names... I am am amazed how many fgf actually fall for their comments.. I am guessing most are sheep themselves... There use to be 2-3 decent taters that seemed civil but they too are the first to defend the sheep. they too prob have 2, 3 or 4 fgf accounts..

hosue taters = cess pool..

Where are these posts tearing down our recruits and coaches? I haven't seen em. People are going ga-ga over GA and Clemtech because both of them just leapfrogged Alabama and that hasn't been done in 5 years. That's kind of a big deal, especially when one is in your back yard and the other is down the street and you play both.

Does Clemson have a free message board? They use to have bad apple but I think that’s been moved or taken down. I do know they would kick you off if you made any type of negative post about Clemson. But here at FGF you can talk all the smack you want about Carolina and nothing happens.
which i cannot understand. why do the mods here allow it. i am not talking about some questioning on questionable issues. but the shear senseless and toxic attacks on the admin. coaches players and fans who happen to be positive and try to bring an uplifting approach to what has been too long negative punching BOARD. there are 4 or 5 posters here that would get the death penalty from me if i were a mod. but i guess that would pretty much shut this board down at this stage of the game. oh well. lets just try to stay in touch with the positive posters and discuss our attributes rather than our deficits.

Let me give you a big Amen Brother on the above post. In fact, it applies to me as much as anyone.

i agree. like to first poster to follow your well thought out and sensible thread. i wont name any names. but i truly dont think that you can help them find some semblance of sanity in their rantings. they're sorta like the liberal left. dont like it? just riot, tear things down, force your agenda on those around you. and keep pushing negativity until bad becomes a lot worse. unfortunately, attempting to help those that have a dark negative heart is a very difficult task indeed. i think i will like the ignore button as one of my favorite things on this board.
The guy that started this thread runs around to other boards and makes our fan base look foolish. Much worse than anything that's said on here.

Let me say this. The Mod’s on this board would much rather you pay the small fee to join the pay side and they will absolutely take out the trash over there.

Not much attention is going to be given to the free boards, just is what it is.

Reactions: section907

I know where you are coming from but I think that is the price (no pun intended) of a free message board

like your post. they try to be positive. how many of these fgf members do you think feel strongly enough about their negativity and evil spirited bantering that they would step out from behind the keyboard and come face to face with us real fans in public. you know, everyone let everyone else know who we really are. some of these guys are so good at being sneaky manipulative that they bait good members, drive them to temper loss and those folks get banned for defending the university. i am sure that has happened multiple times as i have read this board for many yrs. but some of the positive members from way back who did lose their cool (which i dont condone) are now long gone. but many of them had really good insight into football operations and a lot about recruiting. i know this is a free board but i have trouble swallowing that dealing with these assholes is the price you have to pay to be on a free board. mods still ban folks on free boards. why not ban the poor souls that cant help their negative dribble. maybe ban them until they are properly medicated and then can come back after they get the doctors excuse. :)

GO JOIN TIGERNET

giphy.gif

Reactions: HI Cock
I think every board has those types. It's not like we can do much as individual fans - plus Carolina definitely filled some needs with the class. Congrats
i agree. this is one of the better classes we have signed in recent memory. i do think we have the right guy at the helm and despite the hope that some on this board hope he fails, that just isnt going to happen. it all begins with recruiting quality players. you dont necessarily have to sign all 5 star guys . chemistry and character go along way. if the admin will leave muschamp alone for a while to do his thing. we will be fine. thanks for the classy comments and again. welcome to the board.

Reactions: rogue cock
they dont appear to sit around and bitch about it. they just go out recruit and play. p.s. summers over. put the pipe away now. ;)
If I were baked out of my brain, I'd still know that a fan base that demanded Les Miles be fired while owning him millions and millions and another fan base that fired a coach after winning a national championship, are far more demanding than we are. So, stop huffing that glue and come back to reality.

Reactions: robertfootball
If I were baked out of my brain, I'd still know that a fan base that demanded Les Miles be fired while owning him millions and millions and another fan base that fired a coach after winning a national championship, are far more demanding than we are. So, stop huffing that glue and come back to reality.
if this negativity is your reality. you can keep it. ps i thought you big time smokers were docile and kind. way above calling positive folks glue snorters. :) chill dude. its all good. Merry Christmas.

I've never played a down of football. Does that mean I can't express my opinion?

Reactions: BigTomE
This from the guy who frequently posts on other teams' boards.

I've never played a down of football. Does that mean I can't express my opinion?
Only if it's what they want to hear. If not then be prepared to be called a tater or a "negative fan" and banished from society.

If you can criticize our own players then certainly posters can be just as critically and vehemently judged as any player Right?

If you expect to post comments and not be criticized you should start a blog.

I find it very sad that people ACTUALLY believe posting negative thoughts makes the team better or means they don’t settle for a mid tier team. Your posts are just self serving rants to make you feel better. It adds no value in any way. None.

If you can criticize our own players then certainly posters can be just as critically and vehemently judged as any player Right?

If you expect to post comments and not be criticized you should start a blog.

I find it very sad that people ACTUALLY believe posting negative thoughts makes the team better or means they don’t settle for a mid tier team. Your posts are just self serving rants to make you feel better. It adds no value in any way. None.
amen.

if this negativity is your reality. you can keep it. ps i thought you big time smokers were docile and kind. way above calling positive folks glue snorters. :) chill dude. its all good. Merry Christmas.
I don't smoke ganga, bud. My handle is not a reference to extracurricular activities. If it were, out would include the word martini.

In any event, my reality is, you know, reality. The fans in the Plains and Baton Rouge have brutal expectations of coaches. That's a fact substantiated by history. Finally, don't whine when I respond to a gratuitous and unnecessary insult with derision.

this is one of the funnier post I have read in a vain attempt to defend negativity. Do you actually believe that the players, coaches, administration, and REAL fans don't have a vision of our program rising about the norm or middle of the SEC. I mean do you really think that your the only person that has had that vision? I think the blow back that you horribly negative and grumpy posters are starting to see by the silent majority is simply we are tired absolutely tired of people like you tearing our program to shreds cause your one little feeling is hurt. I suggest growing up. look at college athletics for what it is. not for what you desire it to be. I think what you guys want it to be is a defining entity that your being one of superiority and success is due to the success of a bunch of 18-22 yo kids playing a game. this university. and the university experience is so much more than a football game.

I don't smoke ganga, bud. My handle is not a reference to extracurricular activities. If it were, out would include the word martini.

In any event, my reality is, you know, reality. The fans in the Plains and Baton Rouge have brutal expectations of coaches. That's a fact substantiated by history. Finally, don't whine when I respond to a gratuitous and unnecessary insult with derision.
wow I take it back. no pot head I know could use such large and eloquent words. peace dude.

But they are not civil. Your fans come in here expecting us to give you sunshine opinions of your team. Go to your own board for that

BINGO..........

Are you better than what you dislike? It's silly to group people together and act like they have one personality. Every fan base has these types of people.

I actually work with many Carolina fans and enjoy talking with them about football more than a lot of clemson fans. Anyone who is knowledgeable about football can give valuable opinions and don't have to rely on personal jabs.

Where are these posts tearing down our recruits and coaches? I haven't seen em. People are going ga-ga over GA and Clemtech because both of them just leapfrogged Alabama and that hasn't been done in 5 years. That's kind of a big deal, especially when one is in your back yard and the other is down the street and you play both.
Unless Bama loses in the playoffs, there is no leapfrogging. If they get beat, then maybe you can claim that.

Are you better than what you dislike? It's silly to group people together and act like they have one personality. Every fan base has these types of people.

I actually work with many Carolina fans and enjoy talking with them about football more than a lot of clemson fans. Anyone who is knowledgeable about football can give valuable opinions and don't have to rely on personal jabs.
like I said we have our share here. there are some good fans on this site still. who want attack just for the sake of attacking. if you come here to share openly fairly and honestly you should get some nice back and forth discussion with real football fans. again, don't take these goofballs too seriously. I actually read a post here that said if ISL were to play Clemson they would wear a rag on their head and start shouting alla Akbar. I am ex military. most of these snot nosed brats have no idea what kind of evil they are standing with. Clemson has earned its way to this point. I don't care for some of your fans etc... but its just a university in the upstate as far as I am concerned. and we have more national championships that you guys. both schools have some strengths and weakness. if you come in peace, then as far as I am concerned, peace you shall have. God bless

Reactions: FLOtiger93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT