ADVERTISEMENT

God and Clemson

Trevor Lawrence said in postgame that this team is very blessed! He didn't say whether the blessings came from a heavenly direction, New Spring, visually impaired refs, Dabo's laying on the hands (along with laying on loads of horse manure on top of every microphone he comes in contact with) or just those orange horseshoes and 4 leaf clovers hanging around their necks, but he is right .... they are blessed .... and very, very good, lol!

Reactions: howard13
Its sad how torqued up people get for the man glorifying God... I love Carolina,,, i even named a daughter Caroline,,,,, but hating on the man for glorifying our creator? I dislike clemson(i try not to use the word hate anymore),,, but fussing about this is just dumb.. Just like him
Baptizing players,, if it saves just one soul it’s worth it.. Seeing their players with eye black crosses,,, supporting hillinski’s hope, praising the Lord,,,, while they are on the other side of the football,,, they are doing things right in my book.

Any coach who states “the favor of God was with us” is a phony. Much like the people who post about being righteous and then ignore many laws and cheat on their taxes. Everything they do is calculated to make themselves look and feel better.
The government is the one cheating with the public's money... but that's for another thread another day.

Any coach who states “the favor of God was with us” is a phony. Much like the people who post about being righteous and then ignore many laws and cheat on their taxes. Everything they do is calculated to make themselves look and feel better.

anyone who claims to be righteous is pretty mislead anyhow.. none of us are..

A. God doesn't care about sports
B. God does not care about klempsux
C. There are klempsux players who have been punished by Dablo's mouth on sidelines during games...I'm sure that was not in God's favor.
D. Dablo has been active in going after referees when a play or call didn't go his way. Not God like and poor example for players and fans.F
E. Dablo using God as a recruiting tool is way below what God expects from his followers.
F. The perfect example of Dablo's faith was displayed a few years ago when he attack USC and Spurrier in a prepared tangent.
G. Last night I saw him "go off" on Venables when OSU was having success early in the game. Verbally abusing a guy who has carried your football program for nearly 10-years on television is not Godly.
H. Dablo is a fake.

Its sad how torqued up people get for the man glorifying God... I love Carolina,,, i even named a daughter Caroline,,,,, but hating on the man for glorifying our creator? I dislike clemson(i try not to use the word hate anymore),,, but fussing about this is just dumb.. Just like him
Baptizing players,, if it saves just one soul it’s worth it.. Seeing their players with eye black crosses,,, supporting hillinski’s hope, praising the Lord,,,, while they are on the other side of the football,,, they are doing things right in my book.
Agree. Don't knock it until ya try it.

In this corner, we have a coach whose defending national champion team just won epic game in a comeback; he has the national spotlight, and he uses it to praise the Lord. And in this corner we have a disgruntled fan, who bitches about that coach. Let's pick a winner, shall we?

I'm sure someone will show this to Dabo and, upon deep reflection, he will see the errors of his way and try to be more like the keyboard cowboys on this forum.

Only God knows a mans heart. However it seems that Dabo’s praise is a bit scripted. During his on field post game interview it appeared he reminded himself he hadn’t “praised God” yet and threw it in there.

even if it’s scripted,, God is being glorified..

with the people questioning his motives,, God’s being glorified..

people that want to argue that God does not exist,,, they’re still glorifying em..

Seems like Spurrier said "God smiled on the Gamecocks today," more than once after our biggest wins. I wouldnt pull for Clemson against the Taliban, but I'll defend anybody that stands by their faith.

Nobody had a problem with Spurrier or Marcus Lattimore, or Connor Shaw, or Dylan Thompson pronouncing their faith. God forbid if Dabo and Trevor Lawrence do the same.

We ever win anything bigger than a Citrus Bowl around here and people wouldn't know what to do with themselves. It would take an act of God for us to even get in the CFP.

Dabo or not it takes guts to go against the grain and praise God in front of a word wide TV camera. Mock him all you care to but he is where he is.
So right, particularly when you get savaged by all the haters on Twitter who don't have a problem with you, but hate Christianity. I've never heard Dabo or a player say God favored them. The point of the statements is they are blessed to be where they are, and glory goes to God. This is not about who God wants to win. This is about an increasing populace in America that denies God and ridicules him for personal and political reasons. I don't like Clemson as a fan. But, Trevor Lawrence got it right when he talked about their brand. The head guy determines the brand. And the brand is God has given them abilities, and they are motivated to use them, and when they have success, they thank God. Not sure why that bothers you unless you have an issue with Christianity.

Anyone who thinks that God loves Clemson more than anyone else, just does not understand God at all. He is no respector of persons. He does nor favor one team above other. He came to seek and to save sinners, not just love on Dabo.

Its just the norm for evangelicals. People insert their belief over their rational minds. Not a hater but not a fan.

So right, particularly when you get savaged by all the haters on Twitter who don't have a problem with you, but hate Christianity. I've never heard Dabo or a player say God favored them. The point of the statements is they are blessed to be where they are, and glory goes to God. This is not about who God wants to win. This is about an increasing populace in America that denies God and ridicules him for personal and political reasons. I don't like Clemson as a fan. But, Trevor Lawrence got it right when he talked about their brand. The head guy determines the brand. And the brand is God has given them abilities, and they are motivated to use them, and when they have success, they thank God. Not sure why that bothers you unless you have an issue with Christianity.

Religion like politics, when in the public eye is fair game for criticism.

Religion like politics, when in the public eye is fair game for criticism.
I don't disagree. It's a public institution too. But, fair is fair, Christians in a post Christian society are fighting for their beliefs. Failure to do so is what has led to it's falling numbers. Evangelicals are simply standing their ground. BTW,I always find your level headed posts admirable and respect your opinions.

Im a sinner saved by God’s grace. What rubs me wrong is how its part of their brand as if they are anointed bc they are better christians than others. So why even play the game? To be a better Christian, join the orange clad?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
and even if dabo is doing it for the wrong reason,,, and one person looks into the whole God thing,,, gets saved, etc,,,,, it was a success. So much bigger than a game..
The apostle Paul said some preach for profit, others for their own purposes, but they are preaching Jesus. He said either way they are preaching and he had no problem with it.

Reactions: FJRTiger

THIS. Dabo has never said God makes Clemson win. I don't think (and I think Dabo believes this too) God gives much of a crap about who wins a football game. However, it's perfectly OK to thank God for helping you be the best football player/coach/staff you can be and praising/thanking him when you do win (or lose). And when your program is full of guys doing this sort of thing, your program is blessed.

Y’all keep bashing Dabo about his religion and how he brands it. It plays well in the South. If he coached in Oregon, California, or Massachusetts expressing his faith like he does now, he might get him run off. In the meantime Mama’s hear what he says, likes what he says, and sends their boys to Tiger town.

We should either send Boom to get a theology degree or find a photoshop expert to manufacture pictures of Dabo in bed with a goat.

Last edited:
Y’all keep bashing Dabo about his religion and how he brands it. It plays well in the South. If he coached in Oregon, California, or Massachusetts expressing his faith like he does now, he might get run off. In the meantime Mama’s hear what he says, likes what he says, and sends their boys to Tiger town.

We should either send Boom to get a theology degree or find a photoshop expert to manufacture pictures of Dabo in bed with a goat.
Amen

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
A player against the Yankees crossed himself before getting into the batter’s box Yogi Berra stood up and crossed himself and said “ we are even, now let’s just play ball. “. I don’t think God takes sides in a ball game. I don’t like Dabo but his Thanking God and praising is OK by me. I had rather see and hear that than kneeling for the anthem or some of the language the mikes pick up

Reactions: FJRTiger
THIS. Dabo has never said God makes Clemson win. I don't think (and I think Dabo believes this too) God gives much of a crap about who wins a football game. However, it's perfectly OK to thank God for helping you be the best football player/coach/staff you can be and praising/thanking him when you do win (or lose). And when your program is full of guys doing this sort of thing, your program is blessed.

Dabo actually said they had the eye of the tiger and the favor of God with us tonight. He was absolutely tying God's favor with winning the game. You are incorrect and Dabo should cool it with the prosperity Gospel.

The apostle Paul said some preach for profit, others for their own purposes, but they are preaching Jesus. He said either way they are preaching and he had no problem with it.
While we are quoting, It is easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle than a rich man to go to heaven.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT