ADVERTISEMENT

God and Clemson

I don't disagree. It's a public institution too. But, fair is fair, Christians in a post Christian society are fighting for their beliefs. Failure to do so is what has led to it's falling numbers. Evangelicals are simply standing their ground. BTW,I always find your level headed posts admirable and respect your opinions.

Unfortunately I’m not always level headed. I try to take each person as they come as an individual. Lots of my closest friends and family are evangelicals. I don’t have to agree with them to respect their right to believe what they choose. Basically my personal thing is, “do your thing until it impacts my rights to do my thing.”

Seems like Spurrier said "God smiled on the Gamecocks today," more than once after our biggest wins. I wouldnt pull for Clemson against the Taliban, but I'll defend anybody that stands by their faith.

Nobody had a problem with Spurrier or Marcus Lattimore, or Connor Shaw, or Dylan Thompson pronouncing their faith. God forbid if Dabo and Trevor Lawrence do the same.

We ever win anything bigger than a Citrus Bowl around here and people wouldn't know what to do with themselves. It would take an act of God for us to even get in the CFP.
It really has nothing to do with God and man...just a honest sports hatred of your rival team...they are winning way too much, they paid for the breaks they received last night, and they paid for D Watson and Trevor...their filthy orange team is the best bought and paid for team in college football...Do I believe Dabos Christianity...sure as much as he can believe...i believe that Clemson has sold out to win at any cost....and paying for football players, enhancement drugs and officials is just part of the game to them...

Reactions: johnssc
Joel Osteen has conned gullible people into making him a millionaire with it.
Not a fan of prosperity gospel. Also not a fan of Christian infighting, and it seems we Christians are having a hard time finding common ground ourselves. I wish we could focus on the gospel and not all the cliques and factions.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Not a fan of prosperity gospel. Also not a fan of Christian infighting, and it seems we Christians are having a hard time finding common ground ourselves. I wish we could focus on the gospel and not all the cliques and factions.

We must return to the Catholic roots of the church, with thoughtful consideration of Judaism.

Sounds like a lot of people here has got their feathers ruffled over Dabo praising the lord..I see athletes all the time praising after they win something..

So u think Dabo is this guy?

Sounds like a lot of people here has got their feathers ruffled over Dabo praising the lord..I see athletes all the time praising after they win something..

I absolutely have no problem with anyone praising the Lord. I do have a huge problem with the insinuation and even outright declaration that God's favor or will is for dabo and cu to win these football games. That is a misreading of what Scripture says and is a product of believing a false gospel. I don't think Dabo even believes what he is saying but he needs to be more careful about his words. He could simply do like Danny wuefferel used to and give glory to God win or lose.

According to Dabo Chri

I'm not a fan of using Religion as a recruiting tool. Which I've heard he's not doing the bible in the pocket during the cookout anymore.

Reactions: okccock and gcobob
I’m no means taking up for Dabo.I will be honest and really don’t much about what y’all are talking about.i know he praises god a lot in his interviews..but I didn’t watch the game last night or his post game interview.i don’t watch him or Clemson when they are on tv.got better things to do with my time..

It really has nothing to do with God and man...just a honest sports hatred of your rival team...they are winning way too much, they paid for the breaks they received last night, and they paid for D Watson and Trevor...their filthy orange team is the best bought and paid for team in college football...Do I believe Dabos Christianity...sure as much as he can believe...i believe that Clemson has sold out to win at any cost....and paying for football players, enhancement drugs and officials is just part of the game to them...
AMEN!

The apostle Paul said some preach for profit, others for their own purposes, but they are preaching Jesus. He said either way they are preaching and he had no problem with it.

So with this reasoning, one could defend the likes of Jim Bakker because despite swindling the life savings of many a believer for personal gain, he was preaching and saving souls.
If so sign me up.

So with this reasoning, one could defend the likes of Jim Bakker because despite swindling the life savings of many a believer for personal gain, he was preaching and saving souls.
If so sign me up.
I'll leave Jim up to his maker besides his judgement was harsh he didn't get away with it. Sadly, he's back on TV but again that ain't our problem.

and even if dabo is doing it for the wrong reason,,, and one person looks into the whole God thing,,, gets saved, etc,,,,, it was a success. So much bigger than a game..
Agreed, even Jim & Tammy Fake Bakker legitimately won people over to Christ.

lol, just remember I am a bitter SC fan who lost his mind with the spearing call and no call fumble recovery...I am just ranting....I am sure Dabo is just swell....

I absolutely have no problem with anyone praising the Lord. I do have a huge problem with the insinuation and even outright declaration that God's favor or will is for dabo and cu to win these football games. That is a misreading of what Scripture says and is a product of believing a false gospel. I don't think Dabo even believes what he is saying but he needs to be more careful about his words. He could simply do like Danny wuefferel used to and give glory to God win or lose.
Good point. I know it's been a long time, but I don't recall Dabo giving Glory to God for the cameras after they lost games.

OMG, dude you have lost it.

Tell me how they paid for the breaks? I assume you mean they paid off the SEC refs. Is the top brass of the SEC in on it? Do UGA, BAMA and the power brokers in the conference know? Are they in on it too?

Do you think it is a conspiracy to bring Clemson into the conference and kick us out?

Last edited:
I think what most actually take issue with is what appears to be the use of Faith for personal gain.

How do you tell the difference?

If you genuinely are appreciative of all you have and live life with the view of being blessed through good times and bad time and want to give glory to God, is it automatic that you are a fake?

See i think most people who are Christinas are too scared to live their faith out loud. They don’t want their friends, neighbors and coworkers to think they are weird. So they remain silent because what will they think of me? What if they don’t like me or they want to avoid me.

I appreciate someone who says this is who i am and this is the way i will live and i am OK if you don’t like me for it.

Tell me how they paid for the breaks? I assume you mean they paid off the SEC refs. Is the top brass of the SEC in on it? Do UGA, BAMA and the power brokers in the conference know? Are they in on it too?

Do you think it is a conspiracy to bring Clemson into the conference and kick us out?
you are correct, I have lost it...lost in on the bogus targeting penalty, lost it on the "no" fumble call, lost it on the consistent pass interference that Clemson was allowed to get away with. dude, you may be right, I may have just lost it...I think the whole game is gone, the transfer portal allows for tampering with players, something is dirty with our SEC officials (for ex. Florida game), UNC didn't get the death penalty for their violations. again you may be right...I am losing it...I have Clemson friends who have basically said "their bagmen are better than ours". Clemson tight end after game saying money has never been a problems for him while at Clemson, FBI tape of Clemson bb asst coach saying we can take care of you like the football team takes care of its players, Clemson signees riding in expensive sports cars??? your probably right, just losing it ( I am not disagreeing with you). As I was watching Ohio State dominate Clemson (was mind blown) and then to see the referees change the course of the game. (I lost it).

and no, no conspiracy....just the way it is....

praise the Lord, by all means! but can he not keep it to, say, once an interview? Twice is a little bit much. Three times and the message gets convoluted.

Dabo probably is a faith based guy. But the reason he does his God stick on TV is to help get the attention of recruits parents. And it works.

Reactions: Cybercock
Praise Gods from Whom all blessings flow.

Stewart.H, quit watching. Turn the channel to something else if all these issues make you unhappy. I do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT