ADVERTISEMENT

God I hate myself. But worst penalty ever called on USC ?

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003

Ridiculous, Orth was going to spin the ball looked up and saw the ref and kind of gave it a half spin. And this jackass throws a penalty . Worst call ever. The ref was mad we scored.

The 20 minute mark...1998 clemson.. the ref blows his whistle and the ball goes right thru his hands.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You are absolutely right. Remember it like it was yesterday. Had the Cocks gone up 14 early, we win that one.
Agree, the ref was behind the dude and assumed he was going to catch it. We would have won even tho it was only in the 1st quarter.

Any call made against us by that Steve Urkel looking ref vs Tennessee in 2001, god that guy was awful! Never seen a ref so biased!

Against NC State at home, think Sparky Woods was coaching,,we were winning late 4th quarter, State punted and we didn't catch it,, ball took a funny bounce and ref said it hit our player,,State recovers it and scores later and wins,,ACC called during the week to say it was a blown call

Against NC State at home, think Sparky Woods was coaching,,we were winning late 4th quarter, State punted and we didn't catch it,, ball took a funny bounce and ref said it hit our player,,State recovers it and scores later and wins,,ACC called during the week to say it was a blown call
Is that the same game, where the clock ran out and the refs. gave nc st. another play and they
scored on a push off play in the end zone?

I remember that play well. The Carolina player backed away from making fair catch, the ball hit the ground in front of him and took a crazy bounce towards the sidelines. It never came within two yards of touching a player.

The worst "job" by a ref against us was probably the one who TACKLED Garcia as he was breaking free to run into the end zone against LSU... we went on to not score on that drive I believe and it was one of the reasons we lost for sure.

You are absolutely right. Remember it like it was yesterday. Had the Cocks gone up 14 early, we win that one.

We were so bad then! At least the boys appeared to play hard for Fat Brad that night. After year one that's the best I can say about Fat Brad

The worst "job" by a ref against us was probably the one who TACKLED Garcia as he was breaking free to run into the end zone against LSU... we went on to not score on that drive I believe and it was one of the reasons we lost for sure.

That was as bad as I have ever seen

Can we extend your question to the worst officiating? I'd say the first down given to Michigan prior to "the hit".

I guess this is technically not called against another team. Close enough though...

Actually the bad call against us came in the first half. The refs had the nerve to allow the clemsuck catch to seal the game but they took Brian Scott's TD catch off the board in the first half for exactly the same thing. I never argued about the second half push off because if they give us the TD in the first half it probably wouldn't have mattered. I hope to one day see a Carolina win on a last second very controversial call that goes our way against sCUm.

Reactions: funktavious
The next to last play in the recent Citadel game that we lost. Cooper scored on a long play to win; however, it was called back because of an offensive line mis-alignment problem. A review of the play shows no such problem.

Also, the kneel-down when our receiver(who was it?) did the cross sign after scoring a TD. I think it cost us a touchdown and I believe we barely lost to Ole Miss(?). It was ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT