ADVERTISEMENT

Good...getting Marlon Character after all

That's a great name. Marlon Character.

I might name my next garage band Marlon Character's Humorous Side or something.

I looked at our commit list for 2018 on 247. They put the little stars next to each name with the appropriate number of stars shaded in yellow. At first glance, it looks like a restaurant review summary for a place at which I would not eat. I know, I know, our coaches are nonpareil talent evaluators. They had better be.

I looked at our commit list for 2018 on 247. They put the little stars next to each name with the appropriate number of stars shaded in yellow. At first glance, it looks like a restaurant review summary for a place at which I would not eat. I know, I know, our coaches are nonpareil talent evaluators. They had better be.

I know, I just don't understand why these 4 and 5 Star players aren't just lining up at our door, I mean after the National Championships, the history of our storied program, our coaching staff that's been there since forever, The BCS wins, all the Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta Bowl wins, I mean, geez, WTH??

smh.

I know, I just don't understand why these 4 and 5 Star players aren't just lining up at our door, I mean after the National Championships, the history of our storied program, our coaching staff that's been there since forever, The BCS wins, all the Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta Bowl wins, I mean, geez, WTH??

smh.

Klempsun started killing it in recruiting after going 6-7 with a recently hired former receiver coach. Stop the bull/(($ excuses. Want to win an sec/national? Better recruit on that level.

smh.
In addition to the coaches, we have a room full of people down there we didn't used to have who are entirely involved in recruiting. We have spent, and are spending, tens of millions of dollars on facilities to attract these guys. The time for alibis is over.

In addition to the coaches, we have a room full of people down there we didn't used to have who are entirely involved in recruiting. We have spent, and are spending, tens of millions of dollars on facilities to attract these guys. The time for alibis is over.
No it isn't. There is always time for an alibi.

If you want a program built overnight, I suggest you become an Ole Miss fan. Otherwise, it takes time to build relationships to get the top recruits. The upgraded facilities, the increased staff will pay dividends, but the only way to get it as quickly as you seem to think should happen is the Ole Miss way.

If you want a program built overnight, I suggest you become an Ole Miss fan. Otherwise, it takes time to build relationships to get the top recruits. The upgraded facilities, the increased staff will pay dividends, but the only way to get it as quickly as you seem to think should happen is the Ole Miss way.
This group supposedly came in here having those relationships. Show me something.

Wow you went a long way for that shitty ass "joke".

This group supposedly came in here having those relationships. Show me something.
Don't let it hit you...
4bUV7Ls.gif

Reactions: DarkCock
They are doing an amazing job considering. These recruiters could sell screen doors to a submarine company. Sure, they've missed on a couple but so what? Think about the ones they ARE getting to come here they are putting together the puzzle one piece at a time. It's like the how do you eat an elephant question.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jpcooper

100 plus years. The problem is systemic obviously. I don't think we have ever been serious about being good at football. The contrast with our neighbors is stark.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Klempsun started killing it in recruiting after going 6-7 with a recently hired former receiver coach. Stop the bull/(($ excuses. Want to win an sec/national? Better recruit on that level.

that is so much BS, it's difficult to even laugh at it...How many consecutive years has Clemons won at least 10 games? You pick their lone awful season in 10 years and claim they recruited well despite it.Were we sitting on only 1 awful season in recent memory and more 10 win seasons we would be racking up 4-5 stars as well..Sure you can get a great player here and there with mediocre seasons...But the rule is, win consistently if you want to be in play for the prime rated recruits each season

Reactions: Union County Tiger
that is so much BS, it's difficult to even laugh at it...How many consecutive years has Clemons won at least 10 games? You pick their lone awful season in 10 years and claim they recruited well despite it.Were we sitting on only 1 awful season in recent memory and more 10 win seasons we would be racking up 4-5 stars as well..Sure you can get a great player here and there with mediocre seasons...But the rule is, win consistently if you want to be in play for the prime rated recruits each season

Mmmmmk. At that point Klempsun fans Had zero confidence in the program and no faith in dabo. At that point in time he had proven zero. There is no reason we shouldn't recruit on a similar level unless the commitment level in the administration is not the same which it never has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazurke
Mmmmmk. At that point Klempsun fans Had zero confidence in the program and no faith in dabo. At that point in time he had proven zero. There is no reason we shouldn't recruit on a similar level unless the commitment level in the administration is not the same which it never has been.

pretzel logic...you are trying to compare and contrast unrelated events that you obviously don't recall accurately...Chad Morris saved Dabo's job and made their program extraordinarly appealing to top QB and wr prospects...Dabo an avid recruiter and perpetual salesman, parlayed the Morris effect into the success they enjoy today

Reactions: BigTomE
pretzel logic...you are trying to compare and contrast unrelated events that you obviously don't recall accurately...Chad Morris saved Dabo's job and made their program extraordinarly appealing to top QB and wr prospects...Dabo an avid recruiter and perpetual salesman, parlayed the Morris effect into the success they enjoy today

The recruiting class that I am speaking of included players like Sammy Watkins. Morris was an unknown former high school coach that was the oc at Tulsa. Not an earth shattering hire mind you. He had not even coached his first game at Klempsun. Whatever, I guess we are at different places on our patience meter.

Character is rated 4-stars by Rivals, both as a JUCO prospect and when he was coming out of HS. No composite rating on TOS however because many of the services they pull from don't have updated JUCO ratings yet. Still, he's probably among the top 2-3 recruits on USC's commitment list in terms of analyst ratings. Also, Muschamp had a big recruiting surge right about this time last year and it seems to be happening again. Still not a ton of 4-stars on the list, but 3 of the top 4 commitments all pledged in the last month and USC is favored for a few more.

Interesting road to USC for Marlon Character incidentally. Committed to the Gamecocks as a HS prospect in 2015, then Mushcamp and T-Rob got him to flip to Auburn. Once hired at USC, Muschamp and T-Rob tried to get him to flip back to the Gamecocks but he stuck with Auburn. Redshirted his freshman year, had some academic struggles, transferred to a JUCO in Mississippi, and now will apparently be reunited with Muchamp, T-Rob, and USC.

You need to realize that Clemson, as much as we hate it, has always been a top level program with lots of tradition. To expect Muschamp to reverse 100 years of history in just 2 seasons is a bit out of touch.

Character is rated 4-stars by Rivals, both as a JUCO prospect and when he was coming out of HS. No composite rating on TOS however because many of the services they pull from don't have updated JUCO ratings yet. Still, he's probably among the top 2-3 recruits on USC's commitment list in terms of analyst ratings. Also, Muschamp had a big recruiting surge right about this time last year and it seems to be happening again. Still not a ton of 4-stars on the list, but 3 of the top 4 commitments all pledged in the last month and USC is favored for a few more.

Interesting road to USC for Marlon Character incidentally. Committed to the Gamecocks as a HS prospect in 2015, then Mushcamp and T-Rob got him to flip to Auburn. Once hired at USC, Muschamp and T-Rob tried to get him to flip back to the Gamecocks but he stuck with Auburn. Redshirted his freshman year, had some academic struggles, transferred to a JUCO in Mississippi, and now will apparently be reunited with Muchamp, T-Rob, and USC.
He'll be alright probably.

You need to realize that Clemson, as much as we hate it, has always been a top level program with lots of tradition. To expect Muschamp to reverse 100 years of history in just 2 seasons is a bit out of touch.

They are hardly a traditional top level program. Nothing but excuses.

Reactions: king ward

Bulls;)$. They are not bama, Norte dame, so cal, Ohio st, etc. not even in the same galaxy. Like I said, 100 plus years is systemic. We can look to them and see it can be done. Even at a cow college. We have no excuses for the ineptitude over the course of our history.

They are hardly a traditional top level program. Nothing but excuses.

They have more tradition and clout than us. Im just saying that comparing them to us isn't really fair. Know why? Because they have a better football program than we do, and always have.

I agree we need to step our game up, and there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to compete with them. But its stupid to put blame on Muschamp and say they need to produce results when nobody has here for over 100 years...got it?

Clemson has won only a bit more that 60% of their games since playing football that ain't tradition. I think Mich. has won over 70% that's tradition. You don't build tradition with 6-4 records.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Clemson started killing it after dismal seasons in the Ford and Swinney eras. Go figure.

Alibi? seems like an odd choice of a word......

They have more tradition and clout than us. Im just saying that comparing them to us isn't really fair. Know why? Because they have a better football program than we do, and always have.

I agree we need to step our game up, and there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to compete with them. But its stupid to put blame on Muschamp and say they need to produce results when nobody has here for over 100 years...got it?

Wow. You just admitted many things to yourself, all of which is incorrect.

Your worship of them makes me thank GOD we have a coach like Boom. You are building excuses as to why we can not be better than them. I have not heard one excuse come out of our coaches mouth. You should keep Clemson out of yours...Got it?

Wow. You just admitted many things to yourself, all of which is incorrect.

Your worship of them makes me thank GOD we have a coach like Boom. You are building excuses as to why we can not be better than them. I have not heard one excuse come out of our coaches mouth. You should keep Clemson out of yours...Got it?
Your right. If Muschamp doesnt sign at least 3 5 stars this class he should be fired........ im not making excuses, your just blind to reality. Its gonna take some wins and its gonna take some time. We have been pretty average for a long, long time

Im not even sure what your point is??

Reactions: debordieu cock
Alibi? seems like an odd choice of a word......
Not if you consider all its connotations.

alibi [al-uh-bahy]

noun, plural alibis.
1. Law. the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere atthe time an alleged offense was committed.
2. an excuse, especially to avoid blame.
3. a person used as one's excuse:
My sick grandmother was my alibi for missing school.

USC is simply not handicapped to the extent many fans claim. Spurrier showed what's possible at a program like USC. Three straight years of 11 wins and top ten rankings, 5 straight wins over Clemson, and countless wins over ranked teams, including a win over #1 Bama. In fact, I'll bet the 2013 team that finished #4 could have beaten Clemson's 2016 national championship team.

Granted, USC may not be the type of program that can just reload year after year, but there's really no ceiling on what the program can accomplish. This is an athletics program that has experienced national titles in baseball and women's basketball, a Final Four in men's basketball, and a trio of top ten finishes in football, all since 2010. How many other schools can say that, including even the blueblood programs with all the built-in advantages of in-state recruiting turf, money, exposure, and the power of a brand that's been winning for 100+ years?

ADVERTISEMENT