ADVERTISEMENT

Got immediate help..tweet

the-garnet-way.jpg

How does grad transfers work into our scholly count? I know we had two left this year and reserving one for Bryce, is this the other?

Sorry I forgot Rods rule of writing sarcasm in red.
80693.1040880.diamante-chicks-sarcasm-crewneck-red.jpg

80693.1040881.diamante-chicks-sarcasm-crewneck-red.jpg

Edit here: After initially posting those two photos of "sarcasm in a red", and then zooming in on the bottom of the bottom photo, I couldn't help but notice that that chick 'tis indeed wearing my preferred brand (on a woman that is) of Victoria's Secret panties!!

Last edited:
How does grad transfers work into our scholly count? I know we had two left this year and reserving one for Bryce, is this the other?

That “two” was not “scholly count”. It was “bring in” count. We have one spot left to bring in. It is held for Bryce Thompson. Hopefully, he qualifies and we are done

Scholly count is max 85. I don’t know how we stand on that.

Reactions: funktavious
It was either bring in a grad transfer or give a scholly to a walk-on. This adds depth to our defensive backfield. Can't really lose in this situation.

Reactions: rogue cock
That “two” was not “scholly count”. It was “bring in” count. We have one spot left to bring in. It is held for Bryce Thompson. Hopefully, he qualifies and we are done

Scholly count is max 85. I don’t know how we stand on that.
Excuse me, scholarships we can give in one year which is 25. We can bring in more than 25, as walk ons and preferred walk ons are “brought in” but don’t count toward the 25.

It was either bring in a grad transfer or give a scholly to a walk-on. This adds depth to our defensive backfield. Can't really lose in this situation.

If that’s the choice I’d rather give a scholarship to a kid busting his butt the last couple of years to get our starters better than a graduate transfer from Rice that is likely to join the scout team.

He could help but I just don’t see it.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
Gamecockben1979Member
New

If that’s the choice I’d rather give a scholarship to a kid busting his butt the last couple of years to get our starters better than a graduate transfer from Rice that is likely to join the scout team.

It always amazes me how someone with “ZERO” knowledge about the situation, can make this kind of comment. YOU don’t know anything about this athlete! I’m sure the coaches have seen film on the guy, and know if he can help. Why would they offer the guy, at a position of need, unless they think he can make an impact on the depth chart?

He was good enough to save a spot for. Enough for me. He won the award for workout in weight room. Another plus. He may not be the best but he’s working hard. And we need that leadership skill. I say a good pick up . Plus has good grades.

Gamecockben1979Member
New

It always amazes me how someone with “ZERO” knowledge about the situation, can make this kind of comment. YOU don’t know anything about this athlete! I’m sure the coaches have seen film on the guy, and know if he can help. Why would they offer the guy, at a position of need, unless they think he can make an impact on the depth chart?

1. Rice sucks. Kurt Roper University. Do you know anyone worthy of playing in the SEC that’s been there in the last 50 years?

2. What do you “know” about this athlete?

3. Do you think we’re going to beat Clemson/Georgia or anyone worth a crap with graduate transfers from rice?

4. He can only help us for one full season and then he’s gone. And if you think he’s going to hop into the SEC and play great right away, I’ve got some ocean front property in Kansas City to sell you. Realistically we would be fortunate to get one half of one year out of him.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Gamecockben1979Member
New

I feel like we wouldn't have a forum if people with zero knowledge of the situation never commented. Let me know when Champ and TRob post on this situation on here.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Gamecockben1979Member
New

Gamecockben1979Member
New

1. Rice sucks. Kurt Roper University. Do you know anyone worthy of playing in the SEC that’s been there in the last 50 years?

2. What do you “know” about this athlete?

3. Do you think we’re going to beat Clemson/Georgia or anyone worth a crap with graduate transfers from rice?

4. He can only help us for one full season and then he’s gone. And if you think he’s going to hop into the SEC and play great right away, I’ve got some ocean front property in Kansas City to sell you. Realistically we would be fortunate to get one half of one year out of him

I’m not the one that said I “knew”...You did! I said the coaching staff knows something, or they wouldn’t have offered.

The Rice “team” sucks, but that doesn’t mean ALL of their players do. Lots of bad teams with some good athletes.

Why don’t you let the Coaches decide, which players they want to sign? You could just have a wait-and-see attitude, and watch the thing play out...or not?

@USCBIRDS I respect your loyalty to the program as do the coaches. While I pull for my school that doesn’t mean I can’t spot a bad decision when I see one.

They still get to sign who they want whether I like it or not. “The coaching staff knows something” debate is basically saying they cannot be wrong. “They knew something” and offered Brandon McIlwain. They offer plenty of guys who make a great impact and they offer plenty that make none. The margin for error here is smaller than other places (Alabama, Georgia, etc...)

I’ll come back and eat the crow if wrong, but I doubt very seriously this moves the needle on us either way. All I was stating is that if your decision is between giving a scholarship to a graduate transfer from Rice or giving one to a walk on that has busted his tail (perhaps for 3 years taking hits from our best players and paying his own way through school) then I would choose option B.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Gamecockben...Fair enough. I’m just not as confident as you are, that it’s a bad decision. We will all see! We are thin at safety, so I’m “hoping” that the Coaches have made the best decision for the program. Normally...I would agree with you on a walk-on that has paid the price, but I’m concerned with the depth at Safety.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Some of you are missing the point here, At best he cracks the 2 deep and at worst he is a special teams player. Its a scholarship that was open. He only takes it up for one year. He possibly can comes here and goes through summer and fall practices and builds on his already 4 years of Division 1A experience. We didn't sign anybody else so he provides. What is the difference between using a 1 year schollie on here than signing a 2 or 3 star high school project who doesn't crack the 2 deep and transfers. He gets a prove it "One year" I am all for it.

If you don’t get the point. You’re stupid. Period. We are thin at DB . Need playing experience. Even if not for Gabe’s. Then practice so our WR can practice against experience.

Ps. Let me know if the ones that do get it need more explanation.

This board shows its age everyday. Last week I saw an “ooff” comment. I think that’s a 10 yr old games.

Fgf is definitely gong backwards.

All scholarships are year by year. While it does not look good a coach can pull one from a player at any time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT