ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta give Muschamp credit

Did anyone notice the Coastal week two score? Maybe should have played Belk some in the third quarter against Georgia.

So you're suggesting that if we had more money, we could hire better assistants than the ones we have?:eek:

If you have more money, you could pay them more, make them happier with the pay, make it less likely they would leave to go somewhere else for higher pay, give them nicer cars, fly first class over coach or even charter a jet, give them nicer accessories (Ipads, latest phones, etc) to assist with recruiting, hire better graphics people to pump up pictures and the program. Money is always useful, that should be obvious. It makes things easier. Years ago at Texas Tech, they once took a bus to an away game rather than flying. It wasn't real far, but a distance other teams would fly. They did it as cost savings, but other teams used that against them in recruiting for years. I think Florida A&M took a bus to Arkansas in 2017. Can you imagine how that would look to recruits if an SEC football school had to bus the football team to Arkansas because of money woes?

Last edited:
First of all, I can't believe people are not screaming at you. I've been on here since 2008, I'm not a sunshine pumper like so many think are only allowed to post on here and you get by with all this rhetoric!!

Actually you make good points. Mushchamp is supposed to be a Def guru and I don't see it. I'm not calling him bad just not super based on what we see. I like him as a coach as he is trying to do it the right way. I hate when people say otherwise about SC or even other schools, I do have my eyes on UGA.

People make excuses about being left with dumpster fire but the recruiting classes Spurrier left were all top 20+ classes. So how can you say talent was depleted? What I think he did do is just accept recruits based off stars and not off need, so if a DB accepted and we needed DTs, it didn't really matter as it was a good player. So yes the recruiting plan slipped but there were still a lot of highly rated players. That combined with 3yrs, although this is his best yr, seems like some of the hard-nosed defense would shine by now?
That defense Saturday looked no better than the defense we took up to Clemson in year 1. He can talk about communication issues all he wants but I saw his linebackers get run the hell over. I know what I saw.

That defense Saturday looked no better than the defense we took up to Clemson in year 1. He can talk about communication issues all he wants but I saw his linebackers get run the hell over. I know what I saw.
I agree. I was giving you a hard time about your free pass!

Steve Spurrier was considered one of the best cfb coaches in the country when he took over a struggling USC football program. It took him 6 years to get things going.
The program Muschamp took over 2 years and 2 games ago, was also struggling similar to what sos stepped into, and nothing like what Kirbi inherited. Give the man time. Actually you could argue Spurrier took over a program that was in better shape than what Muschamp took over
But Spurrier showed us in YEAR ONE that he could outcoached the other guys when we beat UT in Knoxville for the first time ever and beat the Gators for nearly the first time ever. We weren't there yet and we had to wait a few more years to become a true contender, but we knew immediately he had some potential here. We also knew he had potential because he was Steve Freaking Spurrier, one of the most successful coaches in the game. I'm not giving up on Muschamp by any means, but it's getting to the point where Muschamp needs to show that he has the ability to coach a team up beyond its raw talent level. I haven't seen that from him yet in 7 years of coaching.

wow, it took one game for the eat your own fans to turn on champ...im ashamed to even be in the same thread with most of you...new oc, new offense, we shouldsa run up and down the field on that team of 5 star chumps....uga heard for 2 months how we was gonna upset them.....i cannot call some of you what you deserve to be called....pathetic

But Spurrier showed us in YEAR ONE that he could outcoached the other guys when we beat UT in Knoxville for the first time ever and beat the Gators for nearly the first time ever. We weren't there yet and we had to wait a few more years to become a true contender, but we knew immediately he had some potential here. We also knew he had potential because he was Steve Freaking Spurrier, one of the most successful coaches in the game. I'm not giving up on Muschamp by any means, but it's getting to the point where Muschamp needs to show that he has the ability to coach a team up beyond its raw talent level. I haven't seen that from him yet in 7 years of coaching.
Hard to argue with this. I hope he can figure it out.

Some on this thread are sad folks, namely this UGA tool box. By his dumb logic any 1A high school should be statistically near equal to any 5A high school since each team only plays 11. WOW!

You other folks ripping on OC, and champ, and bentley and all the nitpicky stuff also don't understand football very well. Its easy to say run pass ratio was off. However, theres a thing called 3 downs to move 10 before its recommended to punt. When our O line can pass block somewhat, but can't open a hole big enough for a cat to run through, your options get limited.

This all comes down to recruiting. When a team can redshirt 4 and 5star linement and let them get stronger, and atram like SC would lick their lips to get that guy on the field as a freshman, thats a big difference. I think we're a 8-9 win team, and UGA is a 12+

But your options are really limited with an empty backfield. Brilliant move by our staff...not.

Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire. Give him time and be patient.
Georgia is #3 in the nation for a reason. They’re a very good team.
We will get better, and Muschamp’s good recruiting is part of this. Better days are ahead. It’s just going to take time.

Muschamp, as a head coach, is .... and always has been, the real dumpster fire.

I've been a Muschamp supporter since day-1. I have to admit I'm beginning to waiver / have second thoughts...........
Same. Still believe he could have success, but would've liked to see a couple of additional staff changes last year.

I
Im actually a little surprised we aren’t better on defense in year 3 under Muschamp than what we are. But he is bringing in better players so we are improving.

The hard part for us is that we are very far behind the UGAs and Clemson’s of college football. And while we are getting better players, they are too. It’s hard to catch up. Im not sure it would matter who is coaching. Muschamp has done fine. 9 win season raises the expectations. I still don’t know how we won 9 to be honest. I think we’d do well to sniff 9 wins this season, and I think we are better than last season.
sny this year 4?

Yeah, I mean Smart is really struggling in year 3.

No ! Comparing UGA 's recent football success to Carolina's baby steps is comparing apples to oranges.
It's uninformed--and a bit foolish, man !

How many times in the past 100 YEARS has UGA EVER had a 3-win team--like the one Muschamp had to BUILD from? RIght--NEVER IN 100 YEARS.
How many SEC championships has Carolina won in the past 15 years ???? That's UGA 3--and USC ZER0.

Heck, the only time Spurrier PUT us in the SEC game,
we lost 52-17 !!! That SHOULD tell you something right there !

HINT: YOU DON'T HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL TEAM FROM A 3-WIN $HIT THAT WE INHERITED FROM SPURRIER's coaches TO WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN just THREE YEARS.
I want to win, too, but Rome was NOT built in one day.
BE REASONABLE, MAN !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've been a Muschamp supporter since day-1. I have to admit I'm beginning to waiver / have second thoughts...........

I like him also, the players at every place he's been speak highly of him.. I'd like to see this work...but the lease is getting shorter

I mean, our offense and defense are run by recruiters. What did you expect?
They are doing a great job. Isn't USC no. 7 or 8 in the SEC recruiting?
Speed doesn't matter when you're out of position, can't tackle & you're menstruating.
Laughing I hope players are reading this board. Maybe it will give them something to prove.

Reactions: GarnetBlood80
Klempson does it. Why not us? They are in SC. Bfe SC at that.

Damn, that's couple miles from where I'm from.

People ask me anymore where i'm from, I'm not going to say, "South Carolina," or even, "Upstate South Carolina," or "South Cackalaki," or anything like that.

Nope. I'm going to say I'm from B--F---Egypt, South Carolina."

As for Clemson, they're a bunch of evil redneck holy roller ostarine addicts who may just be cloning players out in one of those barns somewhere on on a hill somewhere up there.

Damn, that's couple miles from where I'm from.

People ask me anymore where i'm from, I'm not going to say, "South Carolina," or even, "Upstate South Carolina," or "South Cackalaki," or anything like that.

Nope. I'm going to say I'm from B--F---Egypt, South Carolina."

As for Clemson, they're a bunch of evil redneck holy roller ostarine addicts who may just be cloning players out in one of those barns somewhere on on a hill somewhere up there.
The advantage some schools have with athletic dorms on a lake, sandy beach outside, mountains in the yonder. All we have is the Congaree River and the wastewater treatment plant nearby.
I would have to say you live in beautiful area, it is taterville nearby that is the problem. Lake Jocassee is a great destination.

Muschamp inherited a dumpster fire. Give him time and be patient.
Georgia is #3 in the nation for a reason. They’re a very good team.
We will get better, and Muschamp’s good recruiting is part of this. Better days are ahead. It’s just going to take time.
‍♂️

The advantage some schools have with athletic dorms on a lake, sandy beach outside, mountains in the yonder. All we have is the Congaree River and the wastewater treatment plant nearby.
I would have to say you live in beautiful area, it is taterville nearby that is the problem. Lake Jocassee is a great destination.

I hail from that area, and do wish I still lived up there. I'm down in coastal Georgia near Savannah, have been for decades. Another beautiful spot, but it's changed a lot and getting way, way too crowded for my taste.

There are alot of impatient people on here...he is doing all he can...its gonna be a few more years before we can truly compete.Good luck to your dawgs
Yeah I take back all that I said , get this mofo out of here quick and fast.Find us a new coach who takes risks and doesn't go conservative

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT