ADVERTISEMENT

Grace period is over

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Fair or not i think there could be some coaching changes (Head Coach) during or at the end of the season for Nebraska, Florida State, Auburn and Georgia Tech if they do not satisfy the fan base.

A couple of new head coaches that has to hit the ground running will be Brent Venables, Mario Cristobol, Billy Napier and Brent Pry or it could be very unpleasant beginning at their new job.

Brain Kelly (salary three times more what Coach Beamer receives) and Jimbo Fisher need to have spectacular results for the money they receive. I Do not know why LSU did not take a look at Jeff Brohm to fill the head coaching vacancy.

Last edited:
They ain’t playing and it suits me fine! Turnover is great for us!

I think you're especially right about Nebraska and Auburn. Hell, with how crazy those Auburn fans are, is there ever a grace period?

I think you're especially right about Nebraska and Auburn. Hell, with how crazy those Auburn fans are, is there ever a grace period?
In my opinion being coach at Auburn would be a bad job due to it is not clear who is control of the athletic department.

Reactions: Lurker123
Gators finally have new practice and players facilities comparable to other programs to Kickstart Napier's tenure. That and Napier agreed to come if we opened up the checkbook and hired 55 million support staff positions to build a personnel army of office people to do various roles like what Saban did at Bama when he got there. Napier is getting more facilities and staff support and backing from Gator Boosters than any coach has gotten here.

Reactions: midline
^^^
I don't know what's going on with UF recruiting, but it isn't good. Several decommits in the last several days.

It's got to be a lot harder than most people think to come in and start fresh at a Power 5 school. Extreme pressure, lots of coaching personalities thrown together for the first time, learning or relearning the high school recruiting contacts, constant demands for fund raising events at new venues and rebuilding a dumpster fire.

To me any coaches first year is kind of a “grace period”. For better or worse they are taking over another staffs program. In Beamer’s case and even Muschamp’s the program wasn't exactly hitting on all cylinders when they started. It was an absolute mess.
I’m really hoping Beamer does great things. And that Ray and the BOT let him have what he needs. If there is anything in this world I won’t complain about money being splurged on it would be a top notch coaching staff for my favorite football team.

To me any coaches first year is kind of a “grace period”. For better or worse they are taking over another staffs program. In Beamer’s case and even Muschamp’s the program wasn't exactly hitting on all cylinders when they started. It was an absolute mess.
I’m really hoping Beamer does great things. And that Ray and the BOT let him have what he needs. If there is anything in this world I won’t complain about money being splurged on it would be a top notch coaching staff for my favorite football team.
To me if you are taking over for a fired coach, the grace period should be longer. But, if you are taking over for a coach that was hired away from a school because he did a terrific job, the grace period might be shorter. JMHO.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
To me if you are taking over for a fired coach, the grace period should be longer. But, if you are taking over for a coach that was hired away from a school because he did a terrific job, the grace period might be shorter. JMHO.
Makes sense to me. Unless a lot of your best players decide to follow their old coach.

Auburn wants to fire their guy. The big boosters hate him. Frost is probably done at Nebraska, but in today's game Nebraska is far from the lure it was for recruits years ago. The guy at GT is as good as gone. Recruiting never came together there, and a lot of whatever talent he had jumped in the portal. Be lucky if he survives the season. Figure after what he inherited at FSU that Norvell won't really be on the hot seat this season, but if improvement isn't seen he will be next year.

Napier is the coach LSU should have hired. Our late season game with Florida will be pivotal for both teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT