ADVERTISEMENT

Gravett.....

mdsalt2004

Jun 1, 2006
I don't believe I have ever actually seen him make a shot. I know he shoots about 25%, so he has made a couple, but I swear when I'm watching, he misses every time he shoots.

He has played better the last 2 or 3 games. Maybe the light has turned on.

whoa whoa whoa, Just because Thornwell came to town lets not get crazy. I'll give on the "better" but that tasmanian devil or whirling dervish is still struggling with passes at the top of the key, but I do respect the speed and energy.

Here's to building our NIT resume ! go cocks

Huge 3 at the end of the game tonight, basically sealed the deal vs. UGA. Nice positive post by the way.

Reactions: wolverine 2
Almost never looks in sync, or comfortable in his stroke. An above average athlete, with an average (at best) college skill set. There’s a lot of upside here though, and he should continue to get better under Frank.

Reactions: ansoncock
Was funny, he did make 1 shortly after I posted, of course. He should rush the basket every time he shoots because odds are there will be a rebound to be had.

I don't believe I have ever actually seen him make a shot. I know he shoots about 25%, so he has made a couple, but I swear when I'm watching, he misses every time he shoots.

Do Gravett a favor and just stop watching. :) I know how you feel though. The last two games I have missed the first half. Turn the ball game on at halftime and Carolina is unexpectedly up 21 and 15 points respectively. As soon as I begin watching, the opposing team gets hot and the lead dissolves.
At least the boys hung on to win both.

Here's to a strong finish and a deep run in the SEC Tourney!

Reactions: HI Cock
this team is better when Gravett is a factor!! PERIOD. Sure, We need him to make more shots, but he has to keep taking them, if they are not gonna cover him. Maybe he gets hot here and the Cocks can win the Tournament (I KNOW I KNOW). But unless they win the last 3, and they have shown they CAN beat Alban, and two or at least one in the Tournament they are NIT bound anyway. I do think win the last three and one tourny game, they will get a bid.

Gravette is playing out of position at point guard for the good of the team. When he first got to campus he was lighting people up as a shooting guard in scrimmages. Frank asked him to learn to play the point and he has tried. I am probably in the minority here but think overall he brings more to the team than Felder and will likely see a lot of minutes next year when Felder comes back. We are getting a true point guard in this class and Gravette will move back to shooting guard. I believe Felder and Gravette will both come off the bench next year.

Gravett actually shoots about 39%, which is about the average of all the starters, except Silva. The whole team only had 5 turnovers to Georgia's 17 so maybe we need to give credit where credit is due. The 3-pointer Gravett hit at the first half buzzer and the 3 he hit in the last minute were huge.

Reactions: NetworkX
He is on the team to handle the ball and pass, not necessarily shoot
Is he though? He is not good at either of those things! He is an explossive athlete for his size- great speed and leaping ability... but his outside shooting is inconsistent, he plays shoddy ball defense, his pssing is mediocre and ball handling is not what you want from the point guard position. Not bashing the kid, but let’s give an honest appraisal of what he can do here... I hoped to see a big step forward from hin this year abd it just has not happened. He did make a few shots last night, if he can become more consistent from outside, he would be a valuable asset for the team.

Do Gravett a favor and just stop watching. :) I know how you feel though. The last two games I have missed the first half. Turn the ball game on at halftime and Carolina is unexpectedly up 21 and 15 points respectively. As soon as I begin watching, the opposing team gets hot and the lead dissolves.
At least the boys hung on to win both.

Here's to a strong finish and a deep run in the SEC Tourney!

Gravette is playing out of position at point guard for the good of the team. When he first got to campus he was lighting people up as a shooting guard in scrimmages. Frank asked him to learn to play the point and he has tried. I am probably in the minority here but think overall he brings more to the team than Felder and will likely see a lot of minutes next year when Felder comes back. We are getting a true point guard in this class and Gravette will move back to shooting guard. I believe Felder and Gravette will both come off the bench next year.

What true point guard are we getting in this class? Couisnard is a combo guard. Hopefully we land Ramey but other than that not sure who yet.

I can almost guarantee both Gravett and Felder will not be coming off bench. One probably will, but both won’t be next year.

What true point guard are we getting in this class? Couisnard is a combo guard. Hopefully we land Ramey but other than that not sure who yet.

I can almost guarantee both Gravett and Felder will not be coming off bench. One probably will, but both won’t be next year.
I looked up our recruiting class and also spent 5 minutes trying to figure that out

Reactions: 2008Gamecock2008
You are correct that he does play both positions on the perimeter. For some reason I assumed Frank would use him at the point. He is an excellent scorer and averages 20+ at Montverde against very strong competition. As to next year's starters I see:

Silva, Kotsar, Minaya, Bowen and Cousinard. I am not sure who Felder or Gravett would beat out for a starting role. That would mean Couisinard would play the point I guess. So you may be right.

Reactions: 2008Gamecock2008
For whatever reason, Gravett is one of my favorite players. Now he could elevate his game by simply stopping the constant dribble between the legs while being hawked by a shorter faster defender. I swear I think he gets the ball picked from him while doing that very dribble at least once a game. As John Wooden said......."there's no point in it."

Reactions: ansoncock
He makes them all when you're not watching.

He makes them all when you're not watching.
Obviously, I looked it up and he is shooting 39% on the year. Did he have a game where he made 10 of 11 shots or something. His normal stat line seems to be 2-7 fg 1-4 3pt and 2-3 ft.

You are correct that he does play both positions on the perimeter. For some reason I assumed Frank would use him at the point. He is an excellent scorer and averages 20+ at Montverde against very strong competition. As to next year's starters I see:

Silva, Kotsar, Minaya, Bowen and Cousinard. I am not sure who Felder or Gravett would beat out for a starting role. That would mean Couisinard would play the point I guess. So you may be right.
If you mean by the end of the year maybe but to start the season no way Frank starts 2 freshmen. I'd bet Gravett might start at point

Got a ginger fetish?
i do....
049d60a90a5cb9b2d485f0bfebcb360d.jpg

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT