ADVERTISEMENT

Gravett

Cock-a-Doo

Dec 8, 2009
Before the season started a poster commented how Gravett was thier favorite player. I am here to say I sort of laughed at that and even respectfully questioned them on it.
Tonight the last 5 min or so the guy I wanted with the ball in his hands was Gravett. Count me as a convert.
Truthfully he's really grown as a player and decision maker, leaps and bounds from where he was.
Much respect to him and the worked he's put in to get better.

Before the season started a poster commented how Gravett was thier favorite player. I am here to say I sort of laughed at that and even respectfully questioned them on it.
Tonight the last 5 min or so the guy I wanted with the ball in his hands was Gravett. Count me as a convert.
Truthfully he's really grown as a player and decision maker, leaps and bounds from where he was.
Absolutely.

Gravett is playing by far his best basketball. You could tell he was a great athlete but he never seemed to make shots when we needed him to. I remember we were going to go to him for the final shot in a game (can’t remembee which one) last year. I remember scratching my head thinking, WTF? Why would we do that. Obviously Frank and the team have seen this from him more than we have until now. Glad it is showing up during the games now.

I’ll admit, I would have laughed at that too. He’s proven me wrong.

Gravett is not a Point Guard. He is having a good year, because he is at his natural position now. He’s a shooting guard!

This is the key, I believe. Great point

He definitely is the favorite so far for the SEC 6th man of the year and if he keeps it up maybe an All SEC Team

50234327_289308638609367_4557369680158785536_n.jpg

Well said. I was very hard on Lenny last year. I played college ball and have coached many age groups. I know he played out of position last year but even when he was wide open, he struggled to score. I didn't see him becoming a major contributor this year let along a team leader. I was dead wrong. He looks comfortable and confident. He is right up there with AJ as team MVP to this point.

I was hoping this was a topic started at halftime. "Why isn't he scoring more??? Why is he on scholly???"

The first time I saw him I said to myself, "That guy has a beautiful shot and perfect form - he just isn't making them for some reason." Now, he is making them. I don't know what the difference is but I think it was just a matter of time before he would get some consistency from outside.

When he hit that first 3 to cut the lead inside of 10 I started thinking we have a chance to come back now and it did open the floodgates. He also had a big drive and layup to keep the momentum later. He certainly shows the benefits of hard work and deserves the accolades he is getting

He definitely put it all on his shoulders the last 5 minutes of the game last night. Did you see how fired up he was after the game?? Love the intensity.

He/we should market the Blooming Onion thing. It`s actually funny and it does fit his hair!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT