ADVERTISEMENT

Greenville news says USC generates 90.million

supersoph1

Jul 8, 2001
According to the article USC sports generated over 90 million last yr. and yet the executive board voted to raise the annual dues on every GC member. 12 yrs. ago I was paying $1700 a yr. for a silver spur level. They just raised it again. The rate went from $1700=$2300=$3000=$3300= $3500. This will be my last yr. of SS dues. I talked to GC club and was told if I went down on my level I would lose my seats, football, basketball and baseball. I know some of you will say someone else will pick up my seats and giving level and that is what it will have to be. I cannot afford the cost of attendance.
The Spartanburg Gaffney executive board member is some guy named Jolly and he advocated going up on the dues.

"I talked to GC club and was told if I went down on my level I would lose my seats, football, basketball and baseball"

This rule is why I've never upped my level. It's hard to stay there once you retire. They have a point system. Why can't they base everything on the points rather than the current level of giving?

Reactions: PersonallyFowl
"I talked to GC club and was told if I went down on my level I would lose my seats, football, basketball and baseball"

This rule is why I've never upped my level. It's hard to stay there once you retire. They have a point system. Why can't they base everything on the points rather than the current level of giving?
That's just the way things have always been done,I for one don't mind spending the money!! Win at all cost

I'm only Roundhouse level and get great seats for every sport. The seats are available, so drop down a category.

Think of it as your donation to your alma mater. I mean people give tons of $$ without getting anything in return but a tax write off. You get awesome football tickets and a tax write off and you are helping your University stay competitive with the rest of the SEC. That money will help us crush Clemson 10-15 years from now. We will end up outspending them $1.5 for every dollar they spend. It is an investment in our future.

According to the article USC sports generated over 90 million last yr. and yet the executive board voted to raise the annual dues on every GC member. 12 yrs. ago I was paying $1700 a yr. for a silver spur level. They just raised it again. The rate went from $1700=$2300=$3000=$3300= $3500. This will be my last yr. of SS dues. I talked to GC club and was told if I went down on my level I would lose my seats, football, basketball and baseball. I know some of you will say someone else will pick up my seats and giving level and that is what it will have to be. I cannot afford the cost of attendance.
The Spartanburg Gaffney executive board member is some guy named Jolly and he advocated going up on the dues.
Why complain about it? Either pay it and enjoy your tix or don't. It's your choice, but big time athletics in the best conference ain't cheap. We tried the cheap route and it didn't work.

I am OK with the extra costs (wasn't at first) because I have seen what those funds have provided. I got over the shock in year two and now....I agree with what was done. We have a much more stable athletic program as the result.

Been a boxing fan for years, watched it free on tv at one time.
Now they want to charge! Robbers!
I should get points for watching it when it was cheap so i can watch it cheap now!

That's exactly it. I can give at a higher level right now, but I won't because I don't know if I would be able to in the future. So the system has actually kept me from donating more currently.

It's beneficial to donate at a lower level then buy season tickets to some of our other programs to gain additional points.

Like it or not at least you can see where it's being spent now and the progress that is being made. Am I happy that the dues went up? NO but there is a cost for progress!

As for losing your seats yes you may...but there are other seats available. You can't have a system in place where you come in and give at a higher level for a couple of years, get great seats, then drop down your donation and keep the same seats you got with the higher donation.

I know for a fact that the GC didn't tell anyone that they wouldn't get seats.....they however, and rightfully so, did say you may lose the one's that you currently have.

I'm only Roundhouse level and get great seats for every sport. The seats are available, so drop down a category.
This is a matter of perception. Be there,and yell on third down.
I see your point,though. Past donations should be added,especially during 98-99.

ADVERTISEMENT