ADVERTISEMENT

Gubner leaves golf courses, gun shops, hardware's open.

I am Playing Friday.... I think Edgewater is still open..
slide04.jpg

OK, so what about the situation where your playing partner refuses to move his pull-cart and the two of you get into a fight? I only ask because we had a pretty robust discussion about that scenario a few weeks ago before we knew about social distancing.

Under our new social distancing protocols, would our fight just involve throwing stuff at each other?
Just challenge him to a push-up contest.....

Gun shops are open in noted GOP hotbeds Oregon, New Jersey, California.... And they should be. Surprised a "Republican" thinks that in particular is a partisan issue.

Hardware shops are open in more places than they are closed. Again, because common sense. Tell someone with a flooded bathroom to just wait til June.

Tougher* to find info on golf courses (*had to google twice), but again, South Carolina is far from the only state. CT is one of the others with a specific exception, while it is unclear in many others where authorities are allowing courses to remain open in practice (California, NJ, etc).

I'm really surprised that a "Republican" would attack South Carolina for this.

NO, we are playing Pinetuck, got a 4some free.. It is not in good shape, but it is GOLF...
I used to enjoy Pinetuck, even if it was a little rough at times. It helps that I was playing with friends. Bowater people used to get a little discount over there and it had some nice holes. Sorry to hear it isn't in good shape. Last time I checked their rates, they seemed a little over-priced to me.

Reactions: cockofdawn
It's going to be tough to enforce a stay at home rule if people can play golf.

Officer: Sir, SC has a home or work rule in effect. Violation is 30 days in jail. Are you going home or to work?

Driver: I'm going to exercise.

Officer: Whereabouts are you exercising?

Driver: I'm going to walk a trail over yonder about 7,000 yards long. To increase my heart rate I'm planning to carry those weights you see in the back.

Officer: You mean those golf clubs?

Driver: Yes sir. And the balls, hat and gloves too.

Officer: And you are going to walk?

Driver: Well, there will be some walking involved.

I used to enjoy Pinetuck, even if it was a little rough at times. It helps that I was playing with friends. Bowater people used to get a little discount over there and it had some nice holes. Sorry to hear it isn't in good shape. Last time I checked their rates, they seemed a little over-priced to me.
They are OVERPRICED, and Bowater bunch, i have played with them a few times, i was actually invited to Santee next month with a few of them, Not sure if i can go, to much going on..

Reactions: king ward
Santee National was very nice today. Fairways and greens perfect. Driving range pristine. Champion Bermuda greens as firm and fast as any I have ever played. Social distancing in effect but very courteous staff. Paid about $27. Yes, that's right.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Santee National was very nice today. Fairways and greens perfect. Driving range pristine. Champion Bermuda greens as firm and fast as any I have ever played. Social distancing in effect but very courteous staff. Paid about $27. Yes, that's right.

I am happy that you got to play today. Sounds like fun!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT