ADVERTISEMENT

Guys are already getting mugged in this game.

uscbeckham

Staff
Oct 22, 2001
Chapin, SC
And if Notice won't take a wide open perimeter shot, then he doesn't need to be in there. You can't pass up the open ones. Take em until you make em.

Originally posted by uscbeckham:
And if Notice won't take a wide open perimeter shot, then he doesn't need to be in there. You can't pass up the open ones. Take em until you make em.
We seem to do a lot of pump faking ourselves into coverage. Open shot, pump fake, covered.

Already tired of Dick V! Kentucky was ahead by 4 and he was talking about Kentucky really 'bringing their game.' Really!

I saw a stat that the last 3 game Kentucky has shot 80 free throws where the opponents have shot 27. No way that should happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Cybercock:
And dont expect any help from the zebras. Not against the darlings of the sec.
Got to hold them accountable by booing them on national tv. If we don't who will? Dickie V sure isn't going to hurt his beloved Wildcats.

Martin has to recruit some shooters brfore we can move from being scrappy to winning. He has his team Playing hard again today but he can't hit the open looks for them. Announcer just said we hit 8 of 30 in first half.

We're getting hammered inside!!! That last trip down...

....We had 2 putbacks. The 1st may have been clean, but the 2nd one was ridiculous! Reminded me me of my kids jumping all over me.

This is definitely playground ball. None of our guys even look like throwing to shoot the 3.

Thronwell did NOT foul .......

thats the way UK dets it done .......no fouls on them and imaginary fouls on opponents

Re: Thronwell did NOT foul .......

They get it done because they are good but there is no shortage of favoritism when it comes to the officiating.

Crowd should still be booing that bs call. Instead, barely a response. Sad.

Re: We're getting hammered inside!!! That last trip down...

It's the grown men jumping all over us. It's no wonder they lead the nation in blocked shots. I could do it if I were allowed to get away with killing guys with my body while blocking the shot. The new rule must be that it's ok to bump and contact any way you want as long as you get a piece of the Ball.

Re: We're getting hammered inside!!! That last trip down...

We have very poor finishers inside. Carerra, bless his heart, tries to but he really shouldn't. He's awful trying to score down low. He can only score if he is unguarded and half the time when he is pump fakes giving them time to guard him.

This post was edited on 1/24 12:26 PM by ReadR00ster

If you are talking about the Booker shot, Sin got all hand and no ball.

Originally posted by Cybercock:
Yep. Its all the crowds fault.
Good point. A great home crowd would obviously be a disadvantage. We should just play all road games since fans have no impact.

LOL, what game were you watching? USC was in the bonus with 14 minutes left in the game. Willie Cauley stein picked up two fouls 3 mins into the game (both were pretty imaginary). Frankly, free throws kept USC in the game in the second half.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:
If you are talking about the Booker shot, Sin got all hand and no ball.
I think you're wrong. He got the ball and then the hand...at least that's the way it looked to me.

And if the OP was talking about the offensive foul when ST was driving, yeah Calipari teaches good acting too. But it doesn't matter if you can't shoot the ball. Until we get a couple of consistent perimeter shooters we won't win very many games.

How old do y'all think Jim Burr is?

The elderly fellow officiating our game this afternoon is too old to see the game. The older you get the less fast moving things you can take in at once. I watched a program on the National Geographic Channel about that last night. It's bad enough that he got suspended by the Big East a few years back, even worse that he was doing our game today and he has only gotten older.

Re: How old do y'all think Jim Burr is?

I personally know jim burr. He's in the late 50s early 60s range.

Originally posted by G-C-Gamecock:

Originally posted by uscbeckham:
We seem to do a lot of pump faking ourselves into coverage. Open shot, pump fake, covered.
Reminded me of High School and Jr with the 'pump fake'. In college you are'nt going to get guys in the air with juvenile pump fakes. These guys missed no telling how many 12 footers and easy shots. If they cant make those they have no business with a scholly. Pull them and recruit. I would keep noone but a few. I'd clean freakin house.

Originally posted by JandDSC:
thats the way UK dets it done .......no fouls on them and imaginary fouls on opponents
Ck the stats - Fouls on UK -17 , Fouls on Carolina 20 - that is pretty darned close as well as even.

Maybe if more Carolina fans learned something about the game / rules it would help as from what I read after many games it is pretty obvious the bulk of the board is football oriented.

If you are going to complain about officiating , at least learn what to complain about.

Originally posted by Carolina Cat:

Originally posted by JandDSC:
Ck the stats - Fouls on UK -17 , Fouls on Carolina 20 - that is pretty darned close as well as even.

Maybe if more Carolina fans learned something about the game / rules it would help as from what I read after many games it is pretty obvious the bulk of the board is football oriented.

If you are going to complain about officiating , at least learn what to complain about.
Just because the fouls were close doesn't mean that UK didn't get away with a bunch of rough illegal play. That is the dumbest logic I've ever heard. If they actually called a foul a foul when UK is on defense, then they could call multiple fouls on almost every possession. UK hammers their opponents with no call. UK is allowed to play football on the court most of the time and it is pretty much agreed upon by all other fan bases in the SEC. It isn't a secret. So quite acting like it is some shocking thing. No one is saying UK isn't talented or even that they aren't the most talented team in the country. Everyone agrees they are. But it doesn't change the fact that they are allowed to play a different way then their opponent is allowed to. And if we are so ignorant to your favorite game, no one is making you stay here and associate with us. I'm sure UK has a very active board where you can go discuss about how all 13 other SEC member fan bases are crazy in their analysis of SEC officiating and how we all need to just learn the rules.

This post was edited on 1/24 10:55 PM by Manning02

theres a reason their number 1, so their gonna get more calls than somone thats sayyyyyyyyyyyy ranked 2....lol

If the refs had called fouls in the Ky game like in the Bama one

If this game had been called as tight as the game against Bama, there would have been 100 plus fouls. Refs seem to let Kentucky be a lot more physical than other teams. I have no problem with letting Kentucky be that way, however, they should let other games be called the same way. Fouls were called both ways in the Bama game with far less contact than what was going uncalled yesterday. If it is a foul in one game, it should be one in another. I don't think calling the game tighter would have changed the outcome, but it would be nice to see the refs be consistent game to game.

This post was edited on 1/25 7:19 AM by Kmart84

I guess Kentucky gets the Jordan rule

That superstar status that they don't foul. Obviously it has to be the less talented team that fouls, because 5 star talent doesn't foul. I still think we lose that game, but if you are going to call our guys for ticky tack fouls, then it should go both ways. When Carrera gets hammered going up for a layup, it should be called just like the ones we get for a silly reach in. We lost because we can't shoot, but apparently we can't even take the ball to the hoop, because we won't get the foul called. When you have to beat the talent, and the ref's, you might as well just stay home. I usually don't whine about calls, but that one seemed a little one sided to me. Surprise Martin didn't blow up at the ref's more.

Re: I guess Kentucky gets the Jordan rule

UK had 27Ft, we had 21Ft. That not that big a difference. 22% shooting lost the game. We have to find shooters.

Re: I guess Kentucky gets the Jordan rule

Originally posted by jeff2001:
UK had 27Ft, we had 21Ft. That not that big a difference. 22% shooting lost the game. We have to find shooters.
I think you missed the point. USC should have had (was fouled) about 50. Terrible officiating. But that's not unusual. SEC officiating needs a serious upgrade.

You'll get lambasted if you say the refs were not the problem on here. If anything, we were the ones setting the rough tone of the game and I'm sure that was part of our game plan. Early in the game, especially, I thought the calls were going more our way than for UK.
As far as the Cat fan coming on here implying we don't know as much about basketball because we are more football oriented, that's a bunch of hogwash. Just like dumbass Alabama fans all thinking they know more about football because they are always good.
This post was edited on 1/25 12:01 PM by AnCRooster

I am watching the replay and once again SEC officiating is terrible. They can turn a 4 point swing in a hurry. Does the director of these officials ever look at this? If he did he would fire half of them. From phantom fouls, bump fouls, to letting one team body up on the other, all together bad. The main problem, though with our team is bad shooting and bad, wild shot selection.?

This post was edited on 1/25 10:49 AM by Garnet chicken

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT