ADVERTISEMENT

Haley will not devote resources to UGA vs USC game. Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBC - there's no doubt you're a vociferous Gamecock - but I'm curious about this, you don't even live in South Carolina, you live well up into North Carolina east of Asheville.

At one time I was a little bit of a political junky myself - though not so much anymore; thus, I don't even know who, much less do I care who the Governor of NC is.

You have always been hard on Governor Haley (see above) - why? Why does/would it matter to you so much? It couldn't be just because she graduated from clemson, or is it?

OK, I realize that since she took office she's increased the state's budget for mental health more than $50 million, which obviously helps clemson fans more; but she also added more than 200 SCHP officers, which helps protect 'Carolina fans from those mud-wallowers when we're on the road - and in 2015 alone she increased funding for the University of South Carolina by nearly $16 million within her own 'executive budget'.

Her dealings with Darla Moore were purely political, which is what 'winner's' get to do - fire their opponents and appoint their supporters to jobs occupied at the 'pleasure' of the Governor, that WAS just 'politics'.

The wild stories about Haley 'loaning' clemson 'state planes' is old news (and bogus) ... clemson bought a used Citation last year for about $4 million then spent about $100K to spruce it up, completely service and renew its systems and have it repainted with their paw on the tail - clemson has their own plane and they pay its freight out of their own budgets.

All the stuff about Haley snubbing USC sending SCHP to the coast instead of having 'em work the 'Carolina-Georgia game was way outta' line ... a real-live HURRICANE is about to inflict major wind, water and flood damage on South Carolina from at least Daufuskie Island up to Edisto Beach, and the water damage all the way to Little River is going to be BAD. That ain't "if" it's "when".

I don't get it. I know you're a die-hard Gamecock but you're also either a Republican that hates women or a Democrat that hates Republicans. Either way you don't vote in SC, so why all the noise about Governor Haley? Just curious, 'cause SC's added thousands of 'union-wage' jobs on her watch (without the unions) ... and it's been pretty tough to manage things in America while she's been in charge. I don't care WHO she pulls for in football.
Mother of God. A long-winded SportsSuites post that I agree with. Expect cats and dogs to play together tomorrow in Cat 4 conditions.

And what exactly would our brave state troopers have been doing Saturday night? Holding the dams in place with their special SCHP force fields so the wouldn't breach the next day?

Well, let's see perhaps they could have rendered assistance by helping people escape the flooding waters instead of directing traffic at a football game.

FBC - there's no doubt you're a vociferous Gamecock - but I'm curious about this, you don't even live in South Carolina, you live well up into North Carolina east of Asheville.

At one time I was a little bit of a political junky myself - though not so much anymore; thus, I don't even know who, much less do I care who the Governor of NC is.

You have always been hard on Governor Haley (see above) - why? Why does/would it matter to you so much? It couldn't be just because she graduated from clemson, or is it?

OK, I realize that since she took office she's increased the state's budget for mental health more than $50 million, which obviously helps clemson fans more; but she also added more than 200 SCHP officers, which helps protect 'Carolina fans from those mud-wallowers when we're on the road - and in 2015 alone she increased funding for the University of South Carolina by nearly $16 million within her own 'executive budget'.

Her dealings with Darla Moore were purely political, which is what 'winner's' get to do - fire their opponents and appoint their supporters to jobs occupied at the 'pleasure' of the Governor, that WAS just 'politics'.

The wild stories about Haley 'loaning' clemson 'state planes' is old news (and bogus) ... clemson bought a used Citation last year for about $4 million then spent about $100K to spruce it up, completely service and renew its systems and have it repainted with their paw on the tail - clemson has their own plane and they pay its freight out of their own budgets.

All the stuff about Haley snubbing USC sending SCHP to the coast instead of having 'em work the 'Carolina-Georgia game was way outta' line ... a real-live HURRICANE is about to inflict major wind, water and flood damage on South Carolina from at least Daufuskie Island up to Edisto Beach, and the water damage all the way to Little River is going to be BAD. That ain't "if" it's "when".

I don't get it. I know you're a die-hard Gamecock but you're also either a Republican that hates women or a Democrat that hates Republicans. Either way you don't vote in SC, so why all the noise about Governor Haley? Just curious, 'cause SC's added thousands of 'union-wage' jobs on her watch (without the unions) ... and it's been pretty tough to manage things in America while she's been in charge. I don't care WHO she pulls for in football.

First of all I care about politics in SC because I grew up in SC and I am a huge USC fan. I actually follow SC politics more than I do NC politics. I care about the state of SC and want to see SC enter the 21st century just as NC has done but SC lags far behind. SC is last or near the bottom of every good category in the nation and first in every bad category in the nation,e.g., domestic abuse.

The other thing is I hate Haley ( I don't even have enough respect for her to call her Governor) because of the Darla Moore thing. Darla Moore has contributed more money to quempsum than any other single individual. How much has Haley contributed to quempsum?

I am a strong Republican and I don't hate women, just the opposite. My father died when I was so young I don't remember him and women have been the most important people in my life, my mother, my aunt as well as a host of female teachers not to mention my wife. And as far as politics I would get down on my hands and knees and beg Condoleezza Rice to run for POTUS.

As far as Haley is concerned I hate her because I truly believe she is prejudice against USC. If Haley died tomorrow I would head to the Liquor Store buy me a fifth of my favorite whiskey and celebrate. So, there you have it.

Oh one last thing, it's not going to take all of the SC troopers to work the hurricane. My gosh, it's going to be a cat 2 when it hits SC. But the one thing that really ticked me off about Haley was her callousness about the matter. "We aren't giving any help to the SC/UGA football game". FNH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 67gamecock
Yep Fred you're right, Greenville has nothing to compare with McDowell County NC with the likes of your plywood plant and intravenous bag plant, guess all those Rhodes Scholars you speak of are really challenged gluing all that stuff together.

Oh yeah, Greenville has some things we don't have in McDowell County but I won't brag about them if I were you. That intravenous bag plant you speak of is the largest intravenous bag plant in the world. It is also a very highly technical operation which requires, a lot of chemist, biologist, engineers and highly trained maintenance personnel to operate. It is the largest plant in Western NC. Hey maybe they are gluing somethings together at the plywood plant but I will compare the intravenous plant in Marion to anything you have in Greenville County.

s far as Haley is concerned I hate her because I truly believe she is prejudice against USC. If Haley died tomorrow I would head to the Liquor Store buy me a fifth of my favorite whiskey and celebrate. So, there you have it.

You have a lot of problems. You might need to see somebody.

Reactions: MacjonTiger
As far as Haley is concerned I hate her because I truly believe she is prejudice against USC. If Haley died tomorrow I would head to the Liquor Store buy me a fifth of my favorite whiskey and celebrate. So, there you have it.
Oh one last thing, it's not going to take all of the SC troopers to work the hurricane. My gosh, it's going to be a cat 2 when it hits SC. But the one thing that really ticked me off about Haley was her callousness about the matter. "We aren't giving any help to the SC/UGA football game". FNH.

OK, FBC ... I hear you; but I think your comments 'bout the Governor are kinda' harsh given your big beef is nothing more than her playing political chips she earned at the ballot box.

As for 'CAT2' storms, Hugo NEVER even got to CAT1 in Georgetown or Horry County north of the Sampit River!!!, yet it devastated the coast from Pawleys to the MyrBch State Park - it's WATER pushed by SUSTAINED winds that do the most damage ... with Hugo Pawleys got a new 'inlet' in the bird-section south of the South Causeway, while at least 200 homes were TOTAL losses from the Garden City Point up to Ocean Lakes Family Campground.

Tomorrow's 'high tide' at the Garden City Pier hits at 1:42 PM in the afternoon, its 'normal' rise is scheduled for 5.2' MSL, which is appx. 2-feet lower than Ocean Drive/Waccamaw Blvd. along there. If Matthew is where they PROJECT it will be mid-afternoon Saturday that area will most likely be getting whacked by SUSTAINED 60+ MPH winds pushing water that's 'projected' to rise 4-6 feet ABOVE 'normal' - which when added to the 'normal' tide of 5.2-feet tomorrow puts the water level at 9-10+ feet MSL WITHOUT counting wave-action.

Kings Highway at the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Business 17 in Garden City is appx. 11.5-feet MSL ON THE GROUND, appx. 5000' inland from the ocean. A few spots through that road section from Surfside Beach to Murrells Inlet are higher than 12-feet on the ground, but MORE are LOWER. The new Wal-Mart parking lot on Garden City Connector was graded to appx. 13.5-feet MSL before paving, it 'falls' 6" in a 250-foot run out its eastern south-turn exit onto Hwy 17 Business South, then QUICKLY falls another 6" driving S. on the highway past two gin-joints towards Walgreen's at the light. MANY roads in Garden City (and SEVERAL older homes in Litchfield and North Litchfield Beach) have owners who, in the 25+ years since Hugo (in a clandestine fashion - ENCLOSED rooms UNDER their elevated beach houses, making 'storage' areas but ALSO bedrooms, baths, dens, game rooms, etc.) - NONE of which they got 'permitted' 'cause THEY AIN'T LEGAL!!!

When the tide takes that stuff OUT they're gonna' find out NONE of that 'damage' is covered, NONE OF IT. It'll be a sad, EXPENSIVE mess. Several homes on Pawleys Island ended up on the fairways of Pawleys Plantation ... NONE of those areas above SAW 'CAT2" winds. What they 'got' from Hugo was wind-blown WATER on a rising tide - which is what people should brace for tomorrow.

It was put in an elevator or move so we built a much-smaller new place a couple of years ago that's 13' on-grade with porches front and rear built on a slab. I elevated the porches 8" and the main structure a foot above grade so I'm at 14-feet in an 'X-zone' and not worried about the water. My old house is only 8-feet on-grade 100 yards from the beach, and it probably WILL HAVE 2-3 feet of water under it tomorrow, hopefully not for too long. More than 1/2 the downstairs is fully-enclosed storage at that place, those aren't louvered or 'break-away' walls.
THAT guy will have a mess. The guy in front of him will be digging sand out of his new pool, assuming it doesn't get broken into a million pieces ... CAT2 "not required".

OK, FBC ... I hear you; but I think your comments 'bout the Governor are kinda' harsh given your big beef is nothing more than her playing political chips she earned at the ballot box.

As for 'CAT2' storms, Hugo NEVER even got to CAT1 in Georgetown or Horry County north of the Sampit River!!!, yet it devastated the coast from Pawleys to the MyrBch State Park - it's WATER pushed by SUSTAINED winds that do the most damage ... with Hugo Pawleys got a new 'inlet' in the bird-section south of the South Causeway, while at least 200 homes were TOTAL losses from the Garden City Point up to Ocean Lakes Family Campground.

Tomorrow's 'high tide' at the Garden City Pier hits at 1:42 PM in the afternoon, its 'normal' rise is scheduled for 5.2' MSL, which is appx. 2-feet lower than Ocean Drive/Waccamaw Blvd. along there. If Matthew is where they PROJECT it will be mid-afternoon Saturday that area will most likely be getting whacked by SUSTAINED 60+ MPH winds pushing water that's 'projected' to rise 4-6 feet ABOVE 'normal' - which when added to the 'normal' tide of 5.2-feet tomorrow puts the water level at 9-10+ feet MSL WITHOUT counting wave-action.

Kings Highway at the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Business 17 in Garden City is appx. 11.5-feet MSL ON THE GROUND, appx. 5000' inland from the ocean. A few spots through that road section from Surfside Beach to Murrells Inlet are higher than 12-feet on the ground, but MORE are LOWER. The new Wal-Mart parking lot on Garden City Connector was graded to appx. 13.5-feet MSL before paving, it 'falls' 6" in a 250-foot run out its eastern south-turn exit onto Hwy 17 Business South, then QUICKLY falls another 6" driving S. on the highway past two gin-joints towards Walgreen's at the light. MANY roads in Garden City (and SEVERAL older homes in Litchfield and North Litchfield Beach) have owners who, in the 25+ years since Hugo (in a clandestine fashion - ENCLOSED rooms UNDER their elevated beach houses, making 'storage' areas but ALSO bedrooms, baths, dens, game rooms, etc.) - NONE of which they got 'permitted' 'cause THEY AIN'T LEGAL!!!

When the tide takes that stuff OUT they're gonna' find out NONE of that 'damage' is covered, NONE OF IT. It'll be a sad, EXPENSIVE mess. Several homes on Pawleys Island ended up on the fairways of Pawleys Plantation ... NONE of those areas above SAW 'CAT2" winds. What they 'got' from Hugo was wind-blown WATER on a rising tide - which is what people should brace for tomorrow.

It was put in an elevator or move so we built a much-smaller new place a couple of years ago that's 13' on-grade with porches front and rear built on a slab. I elevated the porches 8" and the main structure a foot above grade so I'm at 14-feet in an 'X-zone' and not worried about the water. My old house is only 8-feet on-grade 100 yards from the beach, and it probably WILL HAVE 2-3 feet of water under it tomorrow, hopefully not for too long. More than 1/2 the downstairs is fully-enclosed storage at that place, those aren't louvered or 'break-away' walls.
THAT guy will have a mess. The guy in front of him will be digging sand out of his new pool, assuming it doesn't get broken into a million pieces ... CAT2 "not required".

Very solid post and explanation.

Well, let's see perhaps they could have rendered assistance by helping people escape the flooding waters instead of directing traffic at a football game.

Remember Freddie how mutilple people have told you this happened the next day. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Personally I don't like her either but I would not want it to be said that a USC football game diverted HP from a catastrophic event if the storm really picks up steam. Has the potential to make us look bad.

Haley's actions on the Darla Moore matter were political idiocy and an example of moronic public service. She will one day pay dearly, politically, for her mistakes in that 'executive privilege' incident. That 'stain' will not wash out.

She handled the 'Charleston 9' and 'Confederate Flag' issues with grace and an even hand - it made me quite proud to be a South Carolinian, however, she really had no choice in the matter. She's not dumb by any measurement. Had she ignored the killings at Mother Emmanuel and exhibited defiance on the 'flag matter' she AND South Carolina would have been pariahs with national leaders and the media. Same thing goes for the 'Restroom Issue' that has sent North Carolina's image down the tubes. Good show for Nikki on that one.

At any rate, her glib comment about the UGA-USC football game had a very clear message to it, imo. She's not a fan of her state's flagship school - I'm still trying to figure that one out given her personal background. i.e. she went to Tillman U? Strange.

SS1 I haven't even read the post above. But when I was responding to your thread last night I thought it was from a tater fan. I had to do a double take when I realized it was you. I don't understand.

Remember Freddie how mutilple people have told you this happened the next day. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

I'm not in a hole, I still believe that with the rain coming down why won't you prepare for the worst. Someone said it was a 1000 year event. Heck, that's even more reason to prepare for any possible unusual occurrences.

Last edited:
Personally I don't like her either but I would not want it to be said that a USC football game diverted HP from a catastrophic event if the storm really picks up steam. Has the potential to make us look bad.

Well, I don't think we were talking about the whole SC State Highway Patrol but just a few from areas that were not being affected by the hurricane.

You have a lot of problems. You might need to see somebody.

Oh yeah tater boy, I need to see someone. I am experiencing the best time of my life due to all of the hard work I have done to get to where I am and I need to see someone.

SS1 I haven't even read the post above. But when I was responding to your thread last night I thought it was from a tater fan. I had to do a double take when I realized it was you. I don't understand.
you have made your point

ad nauseam

time to move on, fred

Not sure that I believe that entire and it depends how what was included. But, I am going to verify it with some educators in NC.
you have persisted in repeating your sentiments so often that it has become annoying and tiresome

knock yourself out, fred

Haley's actions on the Darla Moore matter were political idiocy and an example of moronic public service. She will one day pay dearly, politically, for her mistakes in that 'executive privilege' incident. That 'stain' will not wash out.

She handled the 'Charleston 9' and 'Confederate Flag' issues with grace and an even hand - it made me quite proud to be a South Carolinian, however, she really had no choice in the matter. She's not dumb by any measurement. Had she ignored the killings at Mother Emmanuel and exhibited defiance on the 'flag matter' she AND South Carolina would have been pariahs with national leaders and the media. Same thing goes for the 'Restroom Issue' that has sent North Carolina's image down the tubes. Good show for Nikki on that one.

At any rate, her glib comment about the UGA-USC football game had a very clear message to it, imo. She's not a fan of her state's flagship school - I'm still trying to figure that one out given her personal background. i.e. she went to Tillman U? Strange.

Political idiocy? That brouhaha was genius!
1. - It didn't 'diminish' Darla one whit, NONE, nada, not at all.
2. - It motivated Ms. Moore to give ANOTHER $5 mil to USC for the 'McNair Aerospace Center' - (she got naming rights) - subject to the state 'matching' the gift, which they quickly did, SAVING the 'state' Darla's $5 million.
3. - A 'fired up' Darla Moore then used her clout (and friendships) with two more superstars, fellow Charleston billionaire Anita Zucker (maybe richer than Darla) and DEMOCRAT Marva Smalls, a BRILLIANT gal formerly hooked at the hip first with D-Gov. Richard Riley, then as COS for former D-Congressman, Robin Tallon from Florence (who was re-districted out of office when Clyburn's 'black district' was created) - Ms. Smalls is now a VERY RICH honcho with Viacom (and Bd. Member at Brookgreen Gardens) - she loves South Carolina, the Univ. of SC and the Citadel.
4. - After all that went on in 2010-2011 and the place got built OF COURSE Boeing was gonna' 'jump in' next, which they did in 2015 - gifting their own $5 million to activities going on AT the USC/Moore School of Business McNair Aerospace Center.
That doesn't sound like something that got 'screwed up' to me.
The state of SC got a BUNCH of money from a bunch of rich people, Darla bought her ticket and got to honor the person she wanted to from her hometown, Anita Zucker did what she does ALL the time (very quietly), SC got the continued attention of a media mogul who can help our state is a HUGE variety of ways and Boeing got their say-so in what to teach, what to check, what to work on improving, where to concentrate development efforts, yada, yada, yada.
I'd say 'politically' that whole thing was pretty-dang 'skippy'.
Regarding your 'she'll pay dearly politically' one day comment - WHEN, exactly? She already ran for re-election and WON by a LARGER MARGIN than he first win! She 'might' choose to take on Tim Scott in the future but I doubt that; Lindsey Graham would be an easier target IMHO - both are incumbent R's but seems to me Haley is 'closer' to mainstream R-ideas than Graham is, albeit BOTH of them came OUT against Trump, who will win SC in a landslide next month.
Nah, I think 'politically' Haley's done - no way she runs for Congress against Joe Wilson ... the press may have been 'shocked'!!! - but his constituents are still shaking his hand for calling President Obama a liar during the state of the union speech.
I think she ends up with a 'political' job - but methinks it'll be something associated with the national Republican party

2. - It motivated Ms. Moore to give ANOTHER $5 mil to USC for the 'McNair Aerospace Center' - (she got naming rights) - subject to the state 'matching' the gift, which they quickly did, SAVING the 'state' Darla's $5 million.
3. - A 'fired up' Darla Moore then used her clout (and friendships) with two more superstars, fellow Charleston billionaire Anita Zucker (maybe richer than Darla) and DEMOCRAT Marva Smalls, a BRILLIANT gal formerly hooked at the hip first with D-Gov. Richard Riley, then as COS for former D-Congressman, Robin Tallon from Florence (who was re-districted out of office when Clyburn's 'black district' was created) - Ms. Smalls is now a VERY RICH honcho with Viacom (and Bd. Member at Brookgreen Gardens) - she loves South Carolina, the Univ. of SC and the Citadel.
4. - After all that went on in 2010-2011 and the place got built OF COURSE Boeing was gonna' 'jump in' next, which they did in 2015 - gifting their own $5 million to activities going on AT the USC/Moore School of Business McNair Aerospace Center.
The state of SC got a BUNCH of money from a bunch of rich people, Darla bought her ticket and got to honor the person she wanted to from her hometown, Anita Zucker did what she does ALL the time (very quietly), SC got the continued attention of a media mogul who can help our state is a HUGE variety of ways and Boeing got their say-so in what to teach, what to check, what to work on improving, where to concentrate development efforts, yada, yada, yada.
Regarding your 'she'll pay dearly politically' one day comment - WHEN, exactly? She already ran for re-election and WON by a LARGER MARGIN than he first win! She 'might' choose to take on Tim Scott in the future but I doubt that; Lindsey Graham would be an easier target IMHO - both are incumbent R's but seems to me Haley is 'closer' to mainstream R-ideas than Graham is, albeit BOTH of them came OUT against Trump, who will win SC in a landslide next month.
Nah, I think 'politically' Haley's done - no way she runs for Congress against Joe Wilson ... the press may have been 'shocked'!!! - but his constituents are still shaking his hand for calling President Obama a liar during the state of the union speech.
I think she ends up with a 'political' job - but methinks it'll be something associated with the national Republican party
stop it

please

stop it

please
article-1391260-0C49138600000578-893_634x592.jpg

Arnold, you left the pretty one with the money for the one in the middle -
and had a dang BABY!
I ain't 'zackly' sure you're the right guy to be 'directing' traffic ...
STOP/GO or otherwise.

Graham's money pot is deeep. She'd be a fool to run against him, but I remember years ago many said the same about Hollings running against Olin D. Johnston for the US Senate. Hollings got his butt cut, but he retired to his law practice, ran later and won - one of our most productive members of Congress in the 20th Century and a BIG USC supporter despite being a Class of '42 Citadel grad.

In her future - Ambassador to India? When a Republican wins the White House, Haley's name will definitely come up.

Yes...but, she never pulled resources from clempson to assist those Carolinians that were under water across the midlands and low country.
Some of these posts in this thread reminds me of a Danny Kaye movie. They are so stupid it's actually funny. Honestly, the Guv making decisions based on her school allegiance? I couldn't make up something so asinine. I assume these posters live in a bomb shelter and have 2 years worth of canned rations. If these posters represent the majority of the State, Lord help us!

All joking aside, maybe it's time for some posters to take a break. Evidencing extreme ignorance in such a permanent manner is no way to go through life.

That's painfully obvious to most in this thread.

To all the Gamecocks out there along the coast stay safe and stay dry.

Not sure that I believe that entirely and it depends how what was included. But, I am going to verify it with some educators in NC.

The figures in Education Spending by states in Governing Magazine likely does not include local and federal expenditures. During the Sanford administration the state picked up some local funding but put limits on local funding increases.

Okay, who are you & what have you done with SS1?? o_O

Okay, who are you & what have you done with SS1?? o_O

Politics has always been a 'special' skill just a few folks have, one that for the whole of my life I've kind of mirrored guys like Lee Atwater or James Carvelle; i.e., you're allowed to sound stupid, act crazy, talk like a hick and bluster your butt off just as long as you know how to recognize a 'winner' - even if/when the 'apparent' majority seems to be taking an opposite view.
I've suffered a 'few' close losses, but very few after picking a side and then deciding (or being asked - and paid) to 'help out'. I'm pretty much retired these days. I've met our Governor and we shook hands, but I don't KNOW her.
I do know she knows what she's doing 'politically'. That's admirable in the schoolyard she plays in - she's tattooed a bunch of folks trying to do her political harm; actually, all of them.

Politics has always been a 'special' skill just a few folks have, one that for the whole of my life I've kind of mirrored guys like Lee Atwater or James Carvelle; i.e., you're allowed to sound stupid, act crazy, talk like a hick and bluster your butt off just as long as you know how to recognize a 'winner' - even if/when the 'apparent' majority seems to be taking an opposite view.
I've suffered a 'few' close losses, but very few after picking a side and then deciding (or being asked - and paid) to 'help out'. I'm pretty much retired these days. I've met our Governor and we shook hands, but I don't KNOW her.
I do know she knows what she's doing 'politically'. That's admirable in the schoolyard she plays in - she's tattooed a bunch of folks trying to do her political harm; actually, all of them.
I see. Just checking. :)

The position Darla Moore had on our board was at the will of the Governor and is the Governor's representative. It can and most likely will change every time the Governor changes. Moore is an uber-liberal that supported Sheheen. There is no way that relationship could work. You can't have people working for you that oppose you and might actively work to undermine you.

The position Darla Moore had on our board was at the will of the Governor and is the Governor's representative. It can and most likely will change every time the Governor changes. Moore is an uber-liberal that supported Sheheen. There is no way that relationship could work. You can't have people working for you that oppose you and might actively work to undermine you.
Sanford was smart enough to keep her on the BOT regardless of her political affiliation.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
In 2003, Moore gave ten million dollars to Clemson University’s school of education.

In return, the school of education at clemtech was renamed for Moore’s father, who was both a teacher and principal himself.

Moore’s father was also a graduate of Clemson University, further influencing her choice to donate to the school.

In 2007, Moore received the honor of being inducted into the South Carolina Business Hall of Fame.

We are all indebted to her for her generosity.

Reactions: rogue cock
Wow...just wow.....not sure how many hp it takes to help in a catastrophy....but on my way home from work today. Saw a whole slew of homeland security heading that way....guess they think it's pretty important.

I'm not in a hole, I still believe that with the rain coming down why won't you prepare for the worst. Someone said it was a 1000 year event. Heck, that's even more reason to prepare for any possible unusual occurrences.
WOW, JUST WOW. It's like trying to explain something to a four year old. 1000 year events are based on the likely hood of the same event happening again. The longer the event interval (time between events) the more IMPOSSIBLE (C'aint be done) it is to predict.

Here's another fact to ponder. What the hell is Haley doing now? I understand the caution of evacuation form the coast but... why the one way decision on I26? I've got a friend in Florida confused on what she is trying to do. No where in Florida or Georgia are they doing something like that. It make's SC look stupid.
No it doesn't. It was the right thing to do. If motorists can't figure out what to do on a one way road those morons shouldn't be operating a vehicle. Later this week (or today) Haley and SC will be universally praised for what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT