ADVERTISEMENT

Haley will not devote resources to UGA vs USC game. Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Article/Nikki-Haley-will-not-devote-state-resources-to-assist-South-Caro-48028836?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161005_180110_South Carolina Gamecocks&utm_content=Link

FGH. There would be extra troopers in the upstate that could help with the game. She didn't even apologize for not being able to help. At least the county and city police are going to help with the game. I hate Haley and can't wait til she leaves office.

She emotionally, overreacted and made people leave two days ago. I-26 was gummed up for two days for no reason, All the way to Asheville. I am not sure there was a reason for anyone to leave. The over-hyped weather channel is so disappointed they are beside themselves. You can tell when they report the deaths. A closer look tells you they were simply people who died of natural causes during the storm.

So what does it cost to shut down most of the state for 5 days for a rain storm?

First of all I care about politics in SC because I grew up in SC and I am a huge USC fan. I actually follow SC politics more than I do NC politics. I care about the state of SC and want to see SC enter the 21st century just as NC has done but SC lags far behind. SC is last or near the bottom of every good category in the nation and first in every bad category in the nation,e.g., domestic abuse.

The other thing is I hate Haley ( I don't even have enough respect for her to call her Governor) because of the Darla Moore thing. Darla Moore has contributed more money to quempsum than any other single individual. How much has Haley contributed to quempsum?

I am a strong Republican and I don't hate women, just the opposite. My father died when I was so young I don't remember him and women have been the most important people in my life, my mother, my aunt as well as a host of female teachers not to mention my wife. And as far as politics I would get down on my hands and knees and beg Condoleezza Rice to run for POTUS.

As far as Haley is concerned I hate her because I truly believe she is prejudice against USC. If Haley died tomorrow I would head to the Liquor Store buy me a fifth of my favorite whiskey and celebrate. So, there you have it.

Oh one last thing, it's not going to take all of the SC troopers to work the hurricane. My gosh, it's going to be a cat 2 when it hits SC. But the one thing that really ticked me off about Haley was her callousness about the matter. "We aren't giving any help to the SC/UGA football game". FNH.

I think and feel like you on many points; however, you might want to know the SC is the #2 Move-in state, behind Oregon. You might want to take a look at Charleston, Columbia and Greenville. When construction is complete on current downtown projects in Greenville, the local population will double. Greater Greenville SMSA is close to 900,000 and 43 in the US. Think about that.

I have lived in a number of different places in the USA. SC is a great place to live. The education statistics have always been scewed, but notice when SC educated folks go out into higher education or the work place they really have few problem competing. My children went to Colorado, Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas and North Carolina schools. I honestly saw few differences. All my children graduated from college and had zero academic problems in college. You live in SC and want an education, not a problem. You want the government to take care of you? Go somewhere else. By the way, I don't live in SC, but I am not oblivious to what is happening. Don't be fooled by ticky tacky, meaningless statistics.

Reactions: king ward
She emotionally, overreacted and made people leave two days ago. I-26 was gummed up for two days for no reason, All the way to Asheville. I am not sure there was a reason for anyone to leave. The over-hyped weather channel is so disappointed they are beside themselves. You can tell when they report the deaths. A closer look tells you they were simply people who died of natural causes during the storm.

So what does it cost to shut down most of the state for 5 days for a rain storm?

It would have been a much better idea to wait until the last minute!

It would have been a much better idea to wait until the last minute!

Florida started a day later and the storm hit them a day ahead of SC. They had no problems getting people out.

Saw a Weather Channel guy standing in 6 inches of water talking about how Charleston was impassable. Right on que some guy in an Accura MDX drives by no problem. Funny, but glad it seems to be relatively ok.

I agree this was an overreaction, and not just in retrospect, but it seems we are in the minority on this. I would just ask those people that if paying fo a mass evacuation and state-wide govt shutdown is okay for a possible whether event, knowing there will be future events, then perhaps people should not be building in dangerous places to begin with. Or, heck, maybe construct some cheap evacuation centers so life can go on while those that want to wait days for something to happen can do so. Something has to be better than a half baked freak out.

Florida started a day later and the storm hit them a day ahead of SC. They had no problems getting people out.

Yes they did they had people stranded on 95. Some people stayed because they could not get out. Haley made the right call in this situation.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Article/Nikki-Haley-will-not-devote-state-resources-to-assist-South-Caro-48028836?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161005_180110_South Carolina Gamecocks&utm_content=Link

FGH. There would be extra troopers in the upstate that could help with the game. She didn't even apologize for not being able to help. At least the county and city police are going to help with the game. I hate Haley and can't wait til she leaves office.
my city is flooded 3 1/2 hours before high tide

you can go to hell

I think and feel like you on many points; however, you might want to know the SC is the #2 Move-in state, behind Oregon. You might want to take a look at Charleston, Columbia and Greenville. When construction is complete on current downtown projects in Greenville, the local population will double. Greater Greenville SMSA is close to 900,000 and 43 in the US. Think about that.

I have lived in a number of different places in the USA. SC is a great place to live. The education statistics have always been scewed, but notice when SC educated folks go out into higher education or the work place they really have few problem competing. My children went to Colorado, Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas and North Carolina schools. I honestly saw few differences. All my children graduated from college and had zero academic problems in college. You live in SC and want an education, not a problem. You want the government to take care of you? Go somewhere else. By the way, I don't live in SC, but I am not oblivious to what is happening. Don't be fooled by ticky tacky, meaningless statistics.
I've lived here all my life, but have visited many places, some very nice and even exotic. I've never visited a place I'd rather live full-time than here in S.C.

Not sure if serious?

Do not know if I need to get my sarcasometershowed checked or if your head is buried that deeply in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT