ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone*s star fallen faster than Tony Elliot?

Klubnik, the top QB from 2022 is going there to Clemson and will be entrenched before Manning arrives. That probably will be a negative factor for Clemson. Gunner Stockton at Georgia will be the same for them. Even for Manning, a five star in the class before you is an issue.

Manning should come to South Carolina, then. Closest program to being at either UGA or Clemson. No 5-star QB entrenched ahead of him.....

According to what I saw it was 1)Clemson 2)Alabama 3)Texas 4)Georgia 5) LSU. I'm sure alot will depend on who's in the QB room before Manning commits.

Apparently Cooper and Dabo hit it off bigtime.They also like that Clemson developed Watson and Lawrence.
I think Texas ends up big player in this especially since they will be moving to the SEC.

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
It's obviously a dream, but landing ONE recruit like Arch would be program-changing for us. Too bad we don't have any deep pockets to make a run at him with the NIL. He'll set the record for NIL money and we just don't have the horses to compete.

Maybe if we offer his uncles some jobs on staff.

It's obviously a dream, but landing ONE recruit like Arch would be program-changing for us. Too bad we don't have any deep pockets to make a run at him with the NIL. He'll set the record for NIL money and we just don't have the horses to compete.

Maybe if we offer his uncles some jobs on staff.
It will be interesting how NIL deals impact this sort of recruit. It would be program changing for SC. When Mack Brown came to Texas, the unexpected recruitment of No.1 recruit Chris Simms in 1999 sent Texas recruiting into the stratosphere. Simms was off ands on again as a college QB, but the recruiting momentum he gave Mack Brown was directly responsible for the stacked rosters Mack Brown had in 2004-2005.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
Not sour grapes but I think we may be witnessing the end of a six year period where superior talent covered for subpar coaching.
Just call it what it is. They had 6 years of outta world qb play with Watson and Lawrence. They'll never have a qb run like that again. It got them 2 titles and plenty of playoff action but that train has left now. While they can still be a top 6-7 program and make playoffs their dominating years are over.

Reactions: GCDC1959
Just call it what it is. They had 6 years of outta world qb play with Watson and Lawrence. They'll never have a qb run like that again. It got them 2 titles and plenty of playoff action but that train has left now. While they can still be a top 6-7 program and make playoffs their dominating years are over.
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Reactions: SeeUatAU
He was rumored to be connected to several of the job openings this past off-season. Some of our fans wanted him considered here. Now with the spectacular collapse of their offense they are questioning whether it’s time For them to move on from him as OC.
His star has linked to Jeff Scott's star. They are both going to flame out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT