ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone seen this in person?

It shouldn't be there. However, it's on private property. Ride through Swansea and Gaston, then ask yourself if you want the govt telling people what they can or cant display on private property.

It shouldn't be there. However, it's on private property. Ride through Swansea and Gaston, then ask yourself if you want the govt telling people what they can or cant display on private property.

i doubt there is a George Washington statue in Russia somehow. The father of Soviet communism and Seattle, they go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Generally speaking, they have one of, if not THE highest suicide rates annually. They’re a weird sort to begin with.

i doubt there is a George Washington statue in Russia somehow. The father of Soviet communism and Seattle, they go together like peanut butter and jelly.

There is a statue of Lincoln in Moscow.

the Lenin statue is fine. The story clearly says it Is very rare as it depicts him as a violent revolutionary and is a symbol of art.

There is a statue of Lincoln in Moscow.

the Lenin statue is fine. The story clearly says it Is very rare as it depicts him as a violent revolutionary and is a symbol of art.

oh yeah....your buddy Vladimir. Maybe. a Mao statue in Portland? Fidel in Miami? Stalin in Berkeley...hot Karl in Madison..how glorious.

Why are old people so scared of communists? We saw that even at the height of communism, it was no match for the free world.

Why are old people so scared of communists? We saw that even at the height of communism, it was no match for the free world.

And yet they killed a lot more people than hitler.

But I agree, communism will almost always fail, but it'll do a lot of damage in the meantime too.

Generally speaking, they have one of, if not THE highest suicide rates annually. They’re a weird sort to begin with.

Seattle is a great city with crappy weather. Low sunshine. Low UV. Low natural vitamin D. High suicide rates.

The sun is your friend.

Because the ideals are so seductive to the uninitiated. It is so easy to convince impressionable people that the government should be the teat at which you suckle for all of life's needs, that this ideal will solve most of the problems with society. Free communism is, on paper a perfect government that sells ideals of total equality and no financial or class disparity. It SOUNDS beautiful. Then people who have seen it in practice, watching a small ruling class bleed everything from the working class and keeping them under thumb because the government provided, then took away everything, they try to caution against the seductive ideals.

They've seen a government try to support layabouts and watched the government fail to be able to provide basic necessities for people it has sworn to take care of. And then, in firey revolution the world burns as people seek an alternative to their failed government. But that only happens after greedy dictators seize the power and destroyed all hope of resistance for too long, then finally dies and/or falls from power.

I don't think it should be there but I just skimmed the article. I didn't realize it's on private property.

Where did u read it was on private property?

If they are so open to artistic expression and allow a communist statue, I wonder if they would allow someone to express their art by erecting a statue of Robert E. Lee/
There is nothing they can do, if its on private property.

"Seattleites have expressed concerns and frustration over symbols of hate, racism and violence that exist in our city. Not only do these kinds of symbols represent historic injustices, their existence causes pain among those who themselves or whose family members have been impacted by these atrocities. We should remove all these symbols, no matter what political affiliation may have been assigned to them in the decades since they were erected. This includes both confederate memorials and statues idolizing the founder of the authoritarian Soviet regime."

The remarks were spurred by the events surrounding "the deadly violence in Charlottesville and impromptu protests around the statue," Garfield said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT