ADVERTISEMENT

Has Clemson ever played in a stadium in front of over 100,000 fans?

CooCooCock

Nov 30, 2010
I think their game this weekend at TA&M will be their first time ever. As far as I know, they have never played at Michigan, Penn St., Ohio St., TA&M, Tenn, LSU, Bama or Texas in recent years after each of those venues had been expanded to exceed 100,000 seats. Carolina has played in five of those eight (LSU and Bama might have been before expansion?).

I hope all those aggies bring their extra-strength vocal cords.

Reactions: debordieu cock
I think their game this weekend at TA&M will be their first time ever. As far as I know, they have never played at Michigan, Penn St., Ohio St., TA&M, Tenn, LSU, Bama or Texas in recent years after each of those venues had been expanded to exceed 100,000 seats. Carolina has played in five of those eight (LSU and Bama might have been before expansion?).

I don’t think they have, but they play at home in a stadium that’s been measured louder than all of those.

I don’t think they have, but they play at home in a stadium that’s been measured louder than all of those.

By whom? Clemsin athletic Dept. The same ones who say rubbing a rock and bussing opposite field is the greatest entrance in CFB.

cant we leave stanley morgan out of this?

Lol at game day being at a non top 25 matchup ( although A&M is formidable) ESPN love dem some Clemsin !

I just heard on the radio Clemson is 4-9 when playing on the road in front of a crowd of more than 85,000.

That stat cant be right. There are only 15 stadiums on the country that seat over 85K and Clemson has only played three of those teams at home in the last 30 years.

Edit: I didnt find one from WAY back when Clemson played the USC Trojans in L.A in 1966 the capacity was 92k but it doesnt say if the crowd was that large.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zann77
Taters better be very careful to be so quick to throw their long haired freshman out there if Bryant isn't doing perfectly. You talk about shattering a kids confidence, that won't be Furman out there and it won't be your fans screaming at him.

Everyone, it’s ABC and I don’t care about the rest or CU. Just win for us, just lose for them. Some of y’all follow CU too closely.

You're statement after "but" is totally false. LSU at night is the loudest measured, period. No one else has come close.

Actually Washington's Husky Stadium is now the loudest. But on a consistent basis it would have to be LSU at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
You're statement after "but" is totally false. LSU at night is the loudest measured, period. No one else has come close.
Sorry rogue but thats wrong. The Clemson guy is wrong too. Washington actually has the record. Remember its not just about the crowd size. The stadium design helps a lot too. I think the roofs on Husky Stadium helped in this case. I have been to Michigan and Penn State and they are not even close to what I have heard at Clemson and SC with over 100k.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: YH
Sorry rogue but thats wrong. The Clemson guy is wrong too. Washington actually has the record. Remember its not just about the crowd size. The stadium design helps a lot too. I think the roofs on Husky Stadium helped in this case. I have been to Michigan and Penn State and they are not even close to what I have heard at Clemson and SC with over 100k.
hqdefault.jpg

I just said Clemson was louder than the ones he listed, which did not include UW. I’ve been watching college football for more than two years, so I already knew UW was the loudest.

Reactions: griffgolf
hqdefault.jpg
Yeah, I fixed it. Agree on the Big House and Penn State and you can add Ohio Stadium to that list also. They can get loud, but not as loud as Carolina or Clemson and nowhere near as loud as LSU. LSU is just intimidating as hell.

When I looked it up this afternoon, LSU was third and Clemson was second. I know we set a record when I was there mid-80s. Since I’m an adult, I’ll provide you with a reference instead of merely a baseless claim:

http://www.stack.com/a/loudest-college-football-stadiums?slide=5
Go to an LSU game at night. Tell me which is louder. I don't care that a promotion got everyone screaming at the top of their lungs for 30 seconds. Been to a lot of big stadiums, LSU has no comparison.

Go to an LSU game at night. Tell me which is louder. I don't care that a promotion got everyone screaming at the top of their lungs for 30 seconds. Been to a lot of big stadiums, LSU has no comparison.

I've been to LSU (in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s), but I haven't been to every college football stadium. In the fact-based world, I could never make the statement that no other stadium compares to it. In the fact-based world, which sits opposite Trumpworld, real measurements matter.

Reactions: cornstock84
hqdefault.jpg

Penn State isn't loud. Heinz Field on Sunday is louder in my experience. Tomorrow night will be 80% PSU fans, so it might be louder than a PSU home game if the game is close at any point.

That stat cant be right. There are only 15 stadiums on the country that seat over 85K and Clemson has only played three of those teams at home in the last 30 years.

Edit: I didnt find one from WAY back when Clemson played the USC Trojans in L.A in 1966 the capacity was 92k but it doesnt say if the crowd was that large.

I'm certain Clemson has played at Georgia a time or two since Sanford Stadium was expanded above 85,000. Maybe the same for Auburn.

LOL....you taters are a trip....you guys are always trying to find something that you think makes you better.....It has been measured louder....lol...who measured it your own sound guys....I bet you right now Clemsux fan....your team will not play a top 25 team this year.....but your voting machine will still have you in the top 5.....amazing....who the heck are ya'll fudge packing!!!!

LOL....you taters are a trip....you guys are always trying to find something that you think makes you better.....It has been measured louder....lol...who measured it your own sound guys....I bet you right now Clemsux fan....your team will not play a top 25 team this year.....but your voting machine will still have you in the top 5.....amazing....who the heck are ya'll fudge packing!!!!

I missed your answer about your son’s baseball.

This article says Clemson is 4-9 on the road . when playing in front of 85,000 plus. There are several other articles stating the same. Google is fairly simple to use.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20180907/tigers-prep-for-hostile-territory

I’ve been at games in Clemson where the Decibel meter was “record setting” and it wasn’t near as loud as I’ve heard it in Williams Brice, LSU or Tuscaloosa.

I’ve been at games in Clemson where the Decibel meter was “record setting” and it wasn’t near as loud as I’ve heard it in Williams Brice, LSU or Tuscaloosa.

And that is exactly why we use instruments to determine the sound level and not some random pair of human ears. OE is: at their loudest, Clemson and UW were louder than Williams-Brice, LSU, or Tuscaloosa at their respective loudests. I’ve never heard the crowd noise at WB for a USC-Clemson game approach that of any Clemson-FSU game. It doesn’t mean it never happened, just that for the games I’ve gone to, USC was almost always mediocre.

I had to look up the damage threshold. I thought it was 100 dB, but it's 120 dB (100 is a threshold that might require PPE). If you get exposed to higher than 120 dB for a number of times it's going to sound different every time because your hearing is permanently damaged a little bit each time. (120 dB is 10X louder than 100 dB, 130 dB is 3X louder than 120 dB)

Last edited:
In the end does it matter? We both have some of best game day atmospheres out there. There are not many that can compete. Also both Clemson and SC fans show up early and show up ready to go. We both are near the top in attendance percentage every year. Its really impressive for both stadiums to be near or over capacity every week with a state as small as ours. The only state that does it as well as South Carolina on Saturdays is Alabama.

In the end does it matter? We both have some of best game day atmospheres out there. There are not many that can compete. Also both Clemson and SC fans show up early and show up ready to go. We both are near the top in attendance percentage every year. Its really impressive for both stadiums to be near or over capacity every week with a state as small as ours. The only state that does it as well as South Carolina on Saturdays is Alabama.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001

I read this piece last week about announced (ticket sales) vs actual (scanned) attendance. I blame all the no-shows on Kapernick

Lol at game day being at a non top 25 matchup ( although A&M is formidable) ESPN love dem some Clemsin !

There are only two games between top 25 teams today (USC-UGA, SouthernCal-Stanford) and both of those games are on other networks. If CBS and Fox didn't have the rights to these games then Gameday would likely be in Columbia.

There are only two games between top 25 teams today (USC-UGA, SouthernCal-Stanford) and both of those games are on other networks. If CBS and Fox didn't have the rights to these games then Gameday would likely be in Columbia.

They don't care about that. Last week's gameday was at Notre Dame. In the 2016 regular season, they did four gamedays (out of 13) for major SEC games. They try to do a variety, including one FCS game, and this week they wanted to go to Texas A&M, which had hosted one fewer than USC until today.

And that is exactly why we use instruments to determine the sound level and not some random pair of human ears. OE is: at their loudest, Clemson and UW were louder than Williams-Brice, LSU, or Tuscaloosa at their respective loudests. I’ve never heard the crowd noise at WB for a USC-Clemson game approach that of any Clemson-FSU game. It doesn’t mean it never happened, just that for the games I’ve gone to, USC was almost always mediocre.

I had to look up the damage threshold. I thought it was 100 dB, but it's 120 dB (100 is a threshold that might require PPE). If you get exposed to higher than 120 dB for a number of times it's going to sound different every time because your hearing is permanently damaged a little bit each time. (120 dB is 10X louder than 100 dB, 130 dB is 3X louder than 120 dB)
Like I said “record setting” a measuring device can have poor reliability. I’d take being in the environment and I have been to CLem-FSU etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT