ADVERTISEMENT

Has each generation gotten progressively worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trump is reasonably intelligent about some things. Other things he’s full of crap and he shows that from time to time.

Hannity asked him what he wanted to accomplish in a 2nd term a few weeks ago and trump has no answer.

trump is most clueless when he starts opining about foreign policy. He clearly doesn’t know any history of many places he mentions.

I didn't whine, I advised the Dean of the poor example of academic stock polluting that instructor's role. A poorly written paper is one thing. Threatening my grades due to political bias is another. I never whined to any of my instructor's, but I never backed down either.

I had a poli-sci instructor that was an immigrant from Somalia. He was a conservative that thought American students were entitled and unappreciative. He let us know that from day one, and he said it was possible that some of his political opinions would spill into his lectures. But he also promised that his opinions would not affect his grading. I never heard anyone complain about him, so I'm assuming it was true.

I wonder if that adviser, Dr. Carl Shirley, allowed his bias to spread into how he graded students. I don't mind bringing up his name now, because he is likely retired.

Bias plays a part into everything, including yours.

Learn what makes a teacher tick and adapt.

The metrics of the economy were worse the day he took office than Oct 1929, losing 800k jobs a month. The fact we came out of it with the longest, though modest, expansion in American history is an accomplishment in itself. But make no mistake, I don't look at Obama as a great president. Not even remotely. Now, I'll ask you the same: What is Trump running on? High unemployment, defense of Confederate statues or a failed response to Covid? The country is a mess by any objective standard.
What is with Libs and Confederate statues? A battle that would give us our United States. 256,000 young Southern soldiers lost their lives against brothers and cousins. There was more underlying reasons for the war besides slavery. The North was no a group of angels who had slaves after the war. Sherman burned his way through the Southeast looting and destroying cities. There's more to that history than what has etched into some's brains. History can't be changed by removing statues that have been there for decades with no one caring less, but now everything in the past must be extinguished.

Bias plays a part into everything, including yours.

Learn what makes a teacher tick and adapt.

I could never do it, though. I don't mind an argument or someone disagreeing with me, but don't try to hurt me because we don't see things the same way. I didn't finish my degree at USC due to moving to Cali to pursue other things. After looking into a number of avenues, including online schools, I finally finished my degree at Augusta State. Perhaps it was because by then I was taking upper level classes, but I didn't experience the same things there.

What is with Libs and Confederate statues? A battle that would give us our United States. 256,000 young Southern soldiers lost their lives against brothers and cousins. There was more underlying reasons for the war besides slavery. The North was no a group of angels who had slaves after the war. Sherman burned his way through the Southeast looting and destroying cities. There's more to that history than what has etched into some's brains. History can't be changed by removing statues that have been there for decades with no one caring less, but now everything in the past must be extinguished.

They fought against our country.

Museums are perfect places to remember the past.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
I could never do it, though. I don't mind an argument or someone disagreeing with me, but don't try to hurt me because we don't see things the same way. I didn't finish my degree at USC due to moving to Cali to pursue other things. After looking into a number of avenues, including online schools, I finally finished my degree at Augusta State. Perhaps it was because by then I was taking upper level classes, but I didn't experience the same things there.

A guy I use to work with went to Augusta State.

I approached college with a naive respect for my professors. I wasn’t a great student until I was a junior but I don’t ever recall thinking I had the answers over my professors. Not that I thought they were infallible, but I always deferred to them.

I went to learn from them, not have them reinforce my rudimentary thoughts on something they were the experts in.

Reactions: mcbear30
A guy I use to work with went to Augusta State.

I approached college with a naive respect for my professors. I wasn’t a great student until I was a junior but I don’t ever recall thinking I had the answers over my professors. Not that I thought they were infallible, but I always deferred to them.

I went to learn from them, not have them reinforce my rudimentary thoughts on something they were the experts in.

I went to learn, too, not be pushed around or told I was a racist or misogynist. I wanted to learn some history the day after the '94 elections, not spend an hour being told why black people and women were doomed because Newt would soon be Speaker of the House. That didn't happen. Newt didn't bring back the Klan and cancel women's suffrage.

I went to learn, too, not be pushed around or told I was a racist or misogynist. I wanted to learn some history the day after the '94 elections, not spend an hour being told why black people and women were doomed because Newt would soon be Speaker of the House. That didn't happen. Newt didn't bring back the Klan and cancel women's suffrage.
No but he did usher in the age of partisanship and exposed the hypocrisy of the “conservatives”.

That's silly. Partisanship and hypocrisy have been apart of the American political scene since this country began.
While I will grant that I have not quite been around to live through every elected official he perfected party over country. He’s also the one who decided to get on TV as much as possible to talk about family values and how horrible Clinton was for having an affair while Newt himself was sleeping with his secretary.

Trump is reasonably intelligent about some things. Other things he’s full of crap and he shows that from time to time.

Hannity asked him what he wanted to accomplish in a 2nd term a few weeks ago and trump has no answer.

trump is most clueless when he starts opining about foreign policy. He clearly doesn’t know any history of many places he mentions.
Sleepy JOE been in office for 47 years and made millions off of China

I always chuckle when I see things like this. For all his bravado on the “Trade War” Trump is never asked why he and his family consistently chose to have their products produced in China as opposed to setting the example and having products made in America.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
While I will grant that I have not quite been around to live through every elected official he perfected party over country.

You could say that about most everyone in House or Senate leadership roles, before or after Newt.

Since the founding of our country? Granted, some generations moved the needle much more than others but this seems to me anyway about right. It’s looking more and more like our once wonderful country is about to collapse Thoughts?
Actually just the opposite

I always chuckle when I see things like this. For all his bravado on the “Trade War” Trump is never asked why he and his family consistently chose to have their products produced in China as opposed to setting the example and having products made in America.

Letterman asked him about it. Trump, as usual, had no answer.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

There is NO evidence he made millions off China. That’s just a silly right wing talking point. Biden, unlike Trump, releases his audited tax returns.

Trump, unlike Biden, has products made in China.

Since 1998, the first year Biden released his tax returns, the majority of the Bidens' income was attributed to his Senate salary and her community college professor's salary, according to Forbes.

Biden's salary in 2009, his last year in the Senate, was $169,000. The vice presidency came with a 30% raise; he earned an average of $225,000 per year and served as vice president from 2009 to 2017. Forbes also reported that the pair received roughly half a million dollars in pensions and social security benefits over the course of those eight years.

But the majority of the Bidens' wealth was built after he left office from book royalties and personal speaking engagements. He wrote two books and conducted a tour to heavily promote his book Promise Me, Dad about his son’s death from cancer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe...de-more-than-15-million-from-book-royalties-5

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

The statue thing is a distraction set up by the BLM. They know they cannot deliver tangible benefits for black Americans like a better education, safer neighborhoods, better health care, etc... so they focus their rage on symbols that really mean nothing to most people today. They are so stupid that they tear down the statues of important black leaders and the white leaders who helped their ancestors.

By all means continue to focus on ancient history rather than attainable goals now. I find it interesting that since the protests started here in ATL 4 weeks ago almost 100 black people have been killed or wounded by black people. It is double the normal number of people typically killed during this period a year ago.The other night armed protesters killed an 8 year old girl near the famous burned-out Wendy's restaurant. The police have pulled back from these areas of town. Our Mayor is trying to be the VP so she probably told them to back off for political reasons. So BLM, how are black lives better since the police pulled back and left these neighborhoods? Double the number of dead and injured and not a cop around to stop it.

Might it be because most textiles, manufacturing and sewing, come from off shore?

well, that's the excuse, right?

Of course a billionaire who's "schtick" is lambasting China made goods should have enough sense and ability to reach out to a good, ole fashioned American company for making his trademarked items. It costs more, but other companies do it.

LOL, go back and look what happened when they desegregated Boston schools.

I remember when they desegregated my school in the second grade in SC. I do not remember any protests or violence.

In Clarendon County, they closed the schools instead of allowing black children to attend. Many white elected leaders, including academic leaders, urged white parents to withdraw their students and move to other school districts (white parents were better able to pack up and move than black people) starting a large "white flight" movement.

Some school districts, anticipating desegregation began to combine school districts- taking smaller schools that were mostly make up of black students and combining them into larger schools that were predominantly white. This had a "watering down" impact on many black students who were use to attending a school with other students like them and all of a sudden finding themselves in much larger districts where, on paper, there were more opportunities, but those opportunities were generally reserved for white students.

Many white "private academies" were also opened that white students could attend- just far enough away from black communities to make transportation an limiting issue for them, not to mention the amount of money needed to attend.

LOL, go back and look what happened when they desegregated Boston schools.

I remember when they desegregated my school in the second grade in SC. I do not remember any protests or violence.
The vast majority of my family was in various grade levels all throughout Columbia and that was not their experience at all. They remember lots of protests and lots of police presence.

The statues never should have been allowed in the first place. You don’t allow propaganda from a losing rebellion to be put up in the winning country - it’s revisionist history in itself. It would be similar to us putting up hundreds of memorials all over Vietnam. And really, they weren’t put up for historical purposes to begin with - it was purely political and to show black people who was still in charge in the southern states.

It’s time to put the past in the past and finally put an end to the civil war. The war ended in a quick four years, but the propaganda war has continued for 150 years. Fortunately I think the lost cause dies with the Boomers - there‘s too much information available now for the once large portions of the younger Southern population to fall for the hero worship of those who would go to war with America.

As for erasing history - statues aren’t history. And the internet records everything - We have the history of the world at our fingertips. It’s a great time to be alive - information sets the world free.

Reactions: cockycurran
The vast majority of my family was in various grade levels all throughout Columbia and that was not their experience at all. They remember lots of protests and lots of police presence.
I was in Aiken County. Most of the people living in my area worked at the bomb plant, a lot were not from S.C., most were highly educated. Maybe this is the difference?

Now most schools are segregated by choice It seems.

This must be true, because I've never ever heard of anyone being cheated by a mechanic.
I enjoy your posts. I don't always agree, but I like that you are never too far right, never too far left. Pretty balanced guy. Maybe its that Harvard education that everyone is bashing all of the sudden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
It would be similar to us putting up hundreds of memorials all over Vietnam.

It really wouldn't be like that at all. These are not statues of foreigners who came to America to help fight the civil war. (Well, I suppose there could be some of those too)
These are statues of people who grew up, lived and fought for those local areas.

But in the end, I like what another poster said. We will make a national case out of these statues, people will pat themselves on the back for getting rid if them, and the act won't change a single thing about any race relation anywhere.

Then we can repeat this in 2 or 4 years when the democrats need to stir up the black vote again.

It really wouldn't be like that at all. These are not statues of foreigners who came to America to help fight the civil war. (Well, I suppose there could be some of those too)
These are statues of people who grew up, lived and fought for those local areas.

But in the end, I like what another poster said. We will make a national case out of these statues, people will pat themselves on the back for getting rid if them, and the act won't change a single thing about any race relation anywhere.

Then we can repeat this in 2 or 4 years when the democrats need to stir up the black vote again.
I would agree that the Vietnam comparison is a bit flawed. It would be much closer to Germany building statues to Hitler, Axmann and Baer.

I would agree that the Vietnam comparison is a bit flawed. It would be much closer to Germany building statues to Hitler, Axmann and Baer.

Possibly. That is certainly closer. One could argue these guys weren't conquerors, attacking other countries though, but defending their homeland.

I honestly can't think of a real good comparison off the top of my head.

No, there is no need to stop bashing the education system. It is not working, particularly in higher education. It is either indoctrinating kids or giving them absolutely useless degrees and putting them in debt for life. Professors and universities are the single most misdirected entities in this country. Not far behind is the media and entertainment elite.
You mean like the DOC rewrote the history of the south and indoctrinated generations of southern kids with a wildly inaccurate representation of our "history".

The economy is not a problem. Markets are back, jobs are back, except for those stupid blue states. Nothing we can do about that but turn em red. Everything that is democrat run is a dumpster fire. Prove me wrong? China is trying to destroy us but that won’t happen as long as Trumps running the show. Thank god he built our military back up or we’d be screwed right about now.

Is this the same China whose leader Trump was “begging” for help in the election, according to John Bolton?

Bunker Boy really has y’all snowed, I swear.

Keep on believing everything you read junior. Outside the box is where the pot of gold resides.
So, he provides an article, and you provide nothing to back up your point and he is the delusional one? Surely you can provide at least ONE source that agrees with what you are saying.

Will they lower the Confederate flags to half-staff when he loses?

The statues never should have been allowed in the first place. You don’t allow propaganda from a losing rebellion to be put up in the winning country - it’s revisionist history in itself. It would be similar to us putting up hundreds of memorials all over Vietnam. And really, they weren’t put up for historical purposes to begin with - it was purely political and to show black people who was still in charge in the southern states.

It’s time to put the past in the past and finally put an end to the civil war. The war ended in a quick four years, but the propaganda war has continued for 150 years. Fortunately I think the lost cause dies with the Boomers - there‘s too much information available now for the once large portions of the younger Southern population to fall for the hero worship of those who would go to war with America.

As for erasing history - statues aren’t history. And the internet records everything - We have the history of the world at our fingertips. It’s a great time to be alive - information sets the world free.
The internet puts out info it wants you to know, not hardly the truth or correct history. Today if it's not the liberal view point it is removed. See the current youth and their beliefs. Today's internet view, America was evil and is evil and is racist to the core and our current thinking and past history has no credence. Viva Marxism. Heaven help us.

Reactions: hillstosea
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT