ADVERTISEMENT

Has It Occurred To You...

K Fabe

Sep 12, 2019
That Muschamp is failing on purpose so that he can get fired and get paid tens of millions of dollars to sit at home and watch Jerry Springer? He is probably thinking "What else do I have to do to get fired around here? I guess I will have to go winless next year."

He's a rational human being. That is not a rational thought. Who would try on purpose to lose games and face the team, the assistant coaches, the staff and the fans? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Reactions: DrMickey
I don't think he is being intentional. He is not that sophisticated. I think he just had a good lawyer negotiating his contract. Just blind, dumb, luck if you ask me (w/ an emphasis on the dumb. Basis for the "dumb" assertion - see film of every game this year save Georgia).....

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
That Muschamp is failing on purpose so that he can get fired and get paid tens of millions of dollars to sit at home and watch Jerry Springer? He is probably thinking "What else do I have to do to get fired around here? I guess I will have to go winless next year."

Although I'm sure he would love the buyout at this point, seriously doubt he's failing on purpose. He's failing because he's not head coach material.

Reactions: SOSUSC
dont-feed-the-trolls-7351248.png

giphy.gif

Didn’t we have one of these posts about Tanner a few days ago, this one is just as dumb.

Reactions: paladin181
That’s a super long tin foil reach there. Coaching is as competitive as playing. He wants to win and he works hard, but I think it’s most likely he just sucks at coaching.

We've already had one coach who did that, at the end of his career, after a fat raise. Not saying he tanked purposely, he just didn't feel like putting in the time anymore, so whatever happened .... happened. And no, it was not a football coach.

If the OP's idea is preposterous, it's only so because Muschamp's personality wouldn't allow it. He has an ego and I'm sure he really wants to win. But from a contractual standpoint, his ridiculously high buyout actually incentivizes poor performance. The contract alone should be cause for firing Tanner.

Is he trying to be fired? No. Would he mind being fired? I don't think so. He's going to say the coach speak, do what he has always done day to day. I'm going to fix this blah blah blah, I am going to do that blah blah blah. We're going make even more changes and still manage to look exactly the same or just maybe worse. once he's halfway to his island lake house I bet he doesn't have a care in the world.

I may be totally wrong but I do not believe Will is put together that way. At this point in his career he is more worried about his status. It might surprise but many, many people do not consider their pocket book over comfort and quality of life. If he loses this job, no amount of money will relieve him, and he knows it.

Some good discourse here. I was just spitballing an idea because it is hard to believe that somebody could suck as bad as Muschamp unless it was on purpose.

Reactions: SOSUSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT