ADVERTISEMENT

Hat tip to "Kiki" Herbert-Harrigan

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
I can't remember a player making such a giant leap from her sophomore to junior season as Kiki has this year. She's a significantly better player. Her mid-range shot is nasty. She's blocking shots. Her stamina has improved. She's showing just the right amount of fire without being excessive. And she's not afraid to take the clutch shot.

The only other SEC player who's significantly better is McCowan.

And I don't think she's hit her ceiling yet. She could rebound better and do a better job of staying out of foul trouble.

I can't remember a player making such a giant leap from her sophomore to junior season as Kiki has this year. She's a significantly better player. Her mid-range shot is nasty. She's blocking shots. Her stamina has improved. She's showing just the right amount of fire without being excessive. And she's not afraid to take the clutch shot.

And I don't think she's hit her ceiling yet. She could rebound better and do a better job of staying out of foul trouble.

Alaina Coates says hello. For the record, no player can stay out of foul trouble by playing better. Officials suck and call too many phantom fouls. If you notice whomever has a great game for us gets in foul trouble the very next conference game.

Be careful.. If Horseshoe sees you talking too much about his gal there might be trouble lol :D

But in all seriousness she has made quite the jump from last season. Very confident shooting the ball. She's quick enough & shoots well enough to play the 3 but I like her game. I agree she could rebound better but she's around the perimeter a lot.

& She is a doll face foxy lady

Be careful.. If Horseshoe sees you talking too much about his gal there might be trouble lol :D

But in all seriousness she has made quite the jump from last season. Very confident shooting the ball. She's quick enough & shoots well enough to play the 3 but I like her game. I agree she could rebound better but she's around the perimeter a lot.

We can all be fans! She wears her swagger rather well.

Reactions: yankacock
I don't know...Coates was always good, IMO.

Please, Coates shot 50% from layup and 50% from the foul line her first two years. She was a great rebounder and really good shot blocker that stayed in foul trouble. Also she would pout a whole half whenever Coach Staley kicked her butt. You gents don't have very good memories. I have attended about 70% of home games during the Staley era. Coates got by as a ferocious rebounder her first two years. But the rest of game was poor. She matured and made herself great by her junior year.

If KiKi keeps rolling and I know She will, you same gents will forget her early immaturity and struggles within 3 years.

Tea, Kiki, Ty are your Seniors next year, Dawn has gotten floor time for her Sophmores & Freshmen, and consider the inbound class. I am ecstatic for what the next 4 to 5 years looks like.

And I don't hold anything against Kiki, she made her way onto the floor with Coates, and more so last year in conjunction with and replacing Aja. I am most impressed with her shot blocking to not be a 6'5" giant.

I don't get the love for McCowan. She gets by on size (weight) and height. She is lumbering with no grace whatsoever in her movement. A large percentage of her O boards are from her own missed bunnies. Not unusual for her to get 2 boards on the same possession. She loafs back on possession changes and has developed an ugly stare down at the opponent when she blocks a shot. Guess I'm biased but to me it borders on being unsportsmanlike. I predict that she is never an impact player in the WNBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT