ADVERTISEMENT

Haven't posted in years but that was pathetic!

With Orth in there, pass and run were working. 4th and 3 we pass and get 8 yards. One bad interception on 1st down, but otherwise a decent offensive performance in the 2nd half... except for the penalty at the 2.

With Orth in there, pass and run were working. 4th and 3 we pass and get 8 yards. One bad interception on 1st down, but otherwise a decent offensive performance in the 2nd half... except for the penalty at the 2.

Orth looked pretty good. Mitch on the other hand has the deer in the headlights look.

We lose our starting QB, miss a FG we usually make, shut 'em down the 2nd half and come back pretty well, throw a 1st down pick instead of just throwing it away, get a stupid penalty on the 2 yard line for mouthing off, suffer one of those weird plays for 98-yards instead of tying the game, win every stat except the one that counts so you feel compelled to 'come out of retirement' after (according to you AND some of your follow-ons) YEARS of 'not posting' to post you think the team is 'pathetic'.

That's the definition of pathetic. We made some stupid plays and some bad plays. We made a lot of good plays. We didn't play our best but we were not 'pathetic'. Our defense is much better than last year and our offense will get better as the season progresses.

You can go back under your rock ... coming out just to complain. THAT is what's pathetic, you're like a bug after a dropped crumb. Go back to your roach motel and curl up your antennas, you got your 'taste' and left your slimy trail.

We lose our starting QB, miss a FG we usually make, shut 'em down the 2nd half and come back pretty well, throw a 1st down pick instead of just throwing it away, get a stupid penalty on the 2 yard line for mouthing off, suffer one of those weird plays for 98-yards instead of tying the game, win every stat except the one that counts so you feel compelled to 'come out of retirement' after (according to you AND some of your follow-ons) YEARS of 'not posting' to post you think the team is 'pathetic'.

That's the definition of pathetic. We made some stupid plays and some bad plays. We made a lot of good plays. We didn't play our best but we were not 'pathetic'. Our defense is much better than last year and our offense will get better as the season progresses.

You can go back under your rock ... coming out just to complain. THAT is what's pathetic, you're like a bug after a dropped crumb. Go back to your roach motel and curl up your antennas, you got your 'taste' and left your slimy trail.
Agree, I don't understand why we come out so lethargic on defense to start the game and play so well second half. Just one of those nightmare what if games. It amazes me how our fans are so pessimistic and jump ship at the drop of a hat. I am bummed this am about the loss but not jumping ship. Loved the fight in the second half at least.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
It's 2 of the last 4, and we don't need to live through Louisville in football as far as the Cats are concerned considering we have I believe a 16-7 lead over UK since 1992. Remember that 10 or 11 wins in a row? Congrats on the win, good luck the rest of the year. Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't congratulate you in hoops as well. You kick our butts all the time. And that record was something to watch last season, and then watching Duke hoist the trophy, wasn't that a storybook ending?

Last edited:
We are not prepared at the beginning of the games. We had the problem of not being prepared at the end of the games last year. What a difference a year makes !

Living through Louisville ? HAHAHA

3 of last 4...

2 in a row...

Absolute DOMINATION in Basketball...

Make a bowl game and then let's talk. You're 13-3 in the past 16 years vs SC. I'll use the UGA analogy. We beat UGA and Mizzou 2 out of last 3 and they win the East. I'm sure they would take that all day long. UK deserved the win last night. Game was totally opposite of what I expected. Both teams have long way to go.

Absolutely patheic performance. Been saying all year that we don't have a QB, defense or offensive line and all that showed the last two weeks. The HBC has gotten lazy in his recruiting and hiring good assistants. You can't worry about loyalty in this business. He is going to finish just like Holtz, Paterno and Bowden, staying too long.

For the record, I'd bet the $100 in my hand UK said they turned the corner after our game with them last year and then proceeded to lose to LSU, UGA, and the Vols by about 200 points combined. You wanna crown 'em? Crown their $&&&!! Lol.....Is Denny Green available?

Disagree with head ball coach getting lazy in recruiting. Fact of the matter is his age is a concern to every recruit and I'm sure is being used by opposing coaches. Even if we were winning I think it would be hard to recruit once you've turned 70. Too many cut throat coaches out there telling kids he won't be there through your 4 years and then you'll have to adjust to a new coaches system. Will only get worse going forward. Same thing is happening to Frank Beamer up at VT - poor recruiting due to age has been catching up to him.

Disagree with head ball coach getting lazy in recruiting. Fact of the matter is his age is a concern to every recruit and I'm sure is being used by opposing coaches. Even if we were winning I think it would be hard to recruit once you've turned 70. Too many cut throat coaches out there telling kids he won't be there through your 4 years and then you'll have to adjust to a new coaches system. Will only get worse going forward. Same thing is happening to Frank Beamer up at VT - poor recruiting due to age has been catching up to him.

Age caught up with bowden also. Said but true

Orth coming in was the best thing to happen all night. He sparked the Offense, worst thing was the Defense wasn't in the game until they got their asses chewed out at the half. But the thing that got us beat was stupid unsportsmanlike penalties.

Reactions: boatingsportscock
Orth coming in was the best thing to happen all night. He sparked the Offense, worst thing was the Defense wasn't in the game until they got their asses chewed out at the half. But the thing that got us beat was stupid unsportsmanlike penalties.

Yes

Lack of talent got us beat last night. There's no Latt, Clowney, Alshon, Gilmore or Shaw on the team and by all accounts there won't be next year too.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
I think our team feels as bad as we, the fans, do. The team is not pathetic as some day, but I know I am disappointed in the team and the coaching. We have lost to Kentucky two years in a row with us having better talent but poor execution. To our players, you will remember these playing days the rest of your life so play with your heart. We are a team and a each player must play to the best of their ability each play. Make memories for yourself and the Gamecock fan base. Now pick yourselves up, get your mindset right, and go out and beat Georgia.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
I think our team feels as bad as we, the fans, do. The team is not pathetic as some day, but I know I am disappointed in the team and the coaching. We have lost to Kentucky two years in a row with us having better talent but poor execution. To our players, you will remember these playing days the rest of your life so play with your heart. We are a team and a each player must play to the best of their ability each play. Make memories for yourself and the Gamecock fan base. Now pick yourselves up, get your mindset right, and go out and beat Georgia.
I agree with you except for one statement. We do not have better talent. We used to, but no more.
Ky QB, DB's, WR's were far better than what we offer. Their DB's manhandled our WR's and their WR's were far superior to our DB's. Our DL and LB's are better. Both Olines are a wash...they won the battle in the first half, we did in the second half. Special teams...wash. This is what is so maddening, we are no longer superior to Ky.

Rarely post too but feel the need to vent as well.
It's becoming real tiresome hearing our coaches say we should have done this or that. This week it was disguising the defense. Tough pill to swallow knowing the money they make and they'd like a do-over almost every game.

Kentucky is not turning the corner. They are still the bottom of the barrel in the SEC in football. We've just joined them there. I don't want Mark Stoops!! That's exactly where he belongs, Kentucky!! They're not going to beat a #1 Alabama team, like we did in 2010. They're not going to beat 3 teams that finish in the top 10. They're not going to beat Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin and Miami in consecutive bowl games. They are no better than Vanderbilt. The sad thing about the Gamecocks? It's not that Kentucky has passed our program, we've just dropped down to the bottom with them. The Gamecocks couldn't beat the worst team in the SEC, so it looks like we might hold that title right now.

Reactions: lostcock
It seems like I heard a lot about a revenge game last week. The expectation was that we would come out fired up and play with intensity. Well, the first half was anything but that. This is what has me concerned more than anything. Coach Spurrier said after last year that we had guys not playing hard. Now it looks like we have guys just going through motions again. I don't pretend to know what the problem is, but my expectation for the rest of this year is not high. Kentucky is not that good. What happens when we play Georgia, LSU, A&M? Right now I don't want to even think about Clemson.

Our O lost the game for us. What was the game plan? It seemed like they were trying to lose the game. They went away from everything that was working. We run the Wild Cat the whole game we win by 14. No identity
So you don't post when we are good? But post when we are bad?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT