ADVERTISEMENT

Heard an update on Tank...

lowcountry_cock13

Oct 12, 2017
That UGA is pushing hard for him now and is a reason to very concerned. Our coaches are concerned he hasn’t committed yet. Sounds like he’s been waiting on a real offer from UGA.

From this article at the bottom ...“Tank he is a great player,” Milton said. “I feel like, you know, in a game, I was to come out and Tank was to come in there would be no drop-off. It would be the same production. So I feel like with Tank that he would be somebody I could play with and we could change the culture somewhere.”
Bigsby concurred.
“It would be great to play with him,” Bigsby said while in Texas. “We would do well together. He looked good out here this week.”
What ‘Tank’ thinks about Georgia
His answer traced to a connection with BigsbyMcGee, but more on the level of a mentor. Not just as a coach.

“He’s just been teaching me stuff,” Bigsby said. “Just life stuff. Plays. Stuff like that. Stuff that is on the next level and for the next level. Talking to me. Just things I need to know. That’s major. For real.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...about-georgia/tAJQYsmDfsa19tiBzyJD9M/amp.html

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...es-best-about-georgia/tAJQYsmDfsa19tiBzyJD9M/

The way I read this article is that Tank would be happy to come in as relief for UGA's top RB. I guess coming in as relief for our top RB is not as nice? I cannot really blame him, UGA will always have a 4 to 5 star OL.

I would put my money on Albarn, just down the road from where he lives. Those barners can get the church donations together faster than a tater can, and his Mamma can be at the game there in about an hour.

He is not coming here either way...

Last edited:
I believe that both Bigsby and Tisdol in their heart of hearts highly covets a Georgia offer. That is the main reason why both guys have not committed to USC when the opportunity was there all this time. What other logical reason could there be for their hesitation? Answer: Georgia.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...es-best-about-georgia/tAJQYsmDfsa19tiBzyJD9M/

The way I read this article is that Tank would be happy to come in as relief for UGA's top RB. I guess coming in as relief for our top RB is not as nice? I cannot really blame him, UGA will always have a 4 to 5 star OL.

I would put my money on Albarn, just down the road from where he lives. Those banners can get the church donations together faster than those taters can, and his Mamma can be at the game there in about an hour.

He is not coming here either way...
I read it more as not relief for but split carries. RB don’t wanna have 30 carries a game anymore. They want to be at a place where they have an elite teammate that will split carries so one isn’t getting worn down. It’s sold on the recruiting trail so you don’t get worn down and have more miles on your wheels for NFL.

Having an elite OL helps because they get more YPC and take fewer hits. We really need to build the bridge before we try to cross the river. Our main focus should be to have a 4 to 5 star OL, then the RB's will come.
Agree. The real star of the UGA coaching staff is Sam Pittman. I hope Kirby can do whatever it takes to keep that guy on the staff.

Reactions: agantt
It’s the basis for our mediocre history. Top guys flirt with us but in the end they “almost” always go to a top flight program. We will snag a few. But our neighbors usually get 2 guys. Both of whom are better than the 1 we got.
I keep waiting for Muschamp to earn that nickname and get a big "flip" or two. But I'll settle for him just outright signing several studs.

From this article at the bottom ...“Tank he is a great player,” Milton said. “I feel like, you know, in a game, I was to come out and Tank was to come in there would be no drop-off. It would be the same production. So I feel like with Tank that he would be somebody I could play with and we could change the culture somewhere.”
Bigsby concurred.
“It would be great to play with him,” Bigsby said while in Texas. “We would do well together. He looked good out here this week.”
What ‘Tank’ thinks about Georgia
His answer traced to a connection with BigsbyMcGee, but more on the level of a mentor. Not just as a coach.

“He’s just been teaching me stuff,” Bigsby said. “Just life stuff. Plays. Stuff like that. Stuff that is on the next level and for the next level. Talking to me. Just things I need to know. That’s major. For real.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...about-georgia/tAJQYsmDfsa19tiBzyJD9M/amp.html

Why go to UGA if you want to “change the culture?” That makes no sense, not that high school kids make sense anyway.

Reactions: redrogers
If they want him he will. He has had all year to commit to USC. He knows he is a Gamecock priority. Obviously he is waiting to see if the dawgs really want him.
He doesn't have to commit. It's only July.

I'm so glad I have a great girlfriend and a great dog and a propensity to spend my summers in the mountains so I don't care about fighting over a teenaged football player who changes his mind several times. I suggest that you guys enjoy your friends and your family and just enjoy the games.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
I'm so glad I have a great girlfriend and a great dog and a propensity to spend my summers in the mountains so I don't care about fighting over a teenaged football player who changes his mind several times. I suggest that you guys enjoy your friends and your family and just enjoy the games.
But you ARE on here committing....lol.

Being slow played and kids allowing it are dumbfounding to me. CU tried this on O'Tre Smith, a CU legacy. After CU missed on a national recruit or two at WR, they came calling. He told them thanks, but no thanks. Smith's Mom was a volleyball player at Clempsun.

If I'm a top recruit, I'm going where I was wanted from day one, not some school's back up plan! Just my .02 worth.

Being slow played and kids allowing it are dumbfounding to me. CU tried this on O'Tre Smith, a CU legacy. After CU missed on a national recruit or two at WR, they came calling. He told them thanks, but no thanks. Smith's Mom was a volleyball player at Clempsun.

If I'm a top recruit, I'm going where I was wanted from day one, not some school's back up plan! Just my .02 worth.

You have pride and self respect. This generation is raised by social media, hip hop and fake news.

You enjoy the games a whole lot more when you have recruited well or great. If you don't have the players and we are getting our guys drug up and down the field and their asses handed to them in games it won't be much fun to watch in a half empty stadium. Loyal gamecocks like me will stay and support the program but again I won't enjoy it much as you say.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I believe that both Bigsby and Tisdol in their heart of hearts highly covets a Georgia offer. That is the main reason why both guys have not committed to USC when the opportunity was there all this time. What other logical reason could there be for their hesitation? Answer: Georgia.

That UGA is pushing hard for him now and is a reason to very concerned. Our coaches are concerned he hasn’t committed yet. Sounds like he’s been waiting on a real offer from UGA.
Slow playing him in case they miss out on Milton. Another one on the back burner is the kid from Md who committed to us. One name not mentioned in any of this is a player who has been injured since he's been in Athens. Zamir White from Laurinburg,N. C. the top rb in the country two years ago. Word is he's healthy and ready to play. I suspect Ga. coaches are not saying anything about him when they pitch to rb recruits.

Slow playing him in case they miss out on Milton. Another one on the back burner is the kid from Md who committed to us. One name not mentioned in any of this is a player who has been injured since he's been in Athens. Zamir White from Laurinburg,N. C. the top rb in the country two years ago. Word is he's healthy and ready to play. I suspect Ga. coaches are not saying anything about him when they pitch to rb recruits.

What a problem to have. UGA is definitely one of the programs born with a silver spoon! How big has that bid (more than Clemsons) for Herschel been for them through the years. Definitely worth it.

They wanna take two. Milton and another elite back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT