ADVERTISEMENT

Heard we swept a series this weekend any truth to it?

You mean we won with all that terrible pitching , average fielding , terrible hitting , and a coach who is not Ray Tanner ?
Who would have ever seen this coming
Hmmmmm

Reactions: rogue cock
Next weekend is a much better gauge of where this team is. I’ll reserve judgment until then.

I’m glad we won but I’m not doing cartwheels about beating Utah Valley. It’s better than losing to them but we did what we should do.

Reactions: 92Pony
Next weekend is a much better gauge of where this team is. I’ll reserve judgment until then.

I’m glad we won but I’m not doing cartwheels about beating Utah Valley. It’s better than losing to them but we did what we should do.
Last year we lost to PC early....lol. We're further ahead than then but we do have some better teams pending.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Yeah, that's the team I enjoyed seeing the ball fly out of the park again.

The biggest difference between Liberty & Utah Valley, were the outfielders.

Liberty's outfielders would yell out, to each other ..." I got it, I got it".

Utah Valley's outfielders would just yell ... "I'll go get it".

This team will make the playoffs - not ready to say super-regional. I hope I don't regret this raving positivity.

This should always happen. Making the tournament is not an accomplishment. We did get to the supers and based on the Holbrook years that was an accomplishment that should be celebrated

This should always happen. Making the tournament is not an accomplishment. We did get to the supers and based on the Holbrook years that was an accomplishment that should be celebrated
This team has a lot of new parts. Not apparent yet how well they are going to mesh. I agree with you that this program ought to be in the supers every year.

Starting pitching is a concern especially Fridays. Closer hasn't been a beacon yet, either. SS has to play better. Hopefully they will get things ironed out for the Clemson series.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I'm not really worried this early about pitching the pieces will fall in place the more appearances they make. It will take a while to see who pitches best in which situation deciding who the Friday to Sunday guys in pre-season is just a blueprint.

Am I the only one beginning to wonder if Reid Morgan is in the wrong starting slot?
Nope. He looks like the best option we have for a starter. I’d like to see him move to the Saturday spot next weekend and put some pressure on Mlodzinski. If he continues to perform the way he has in his first couple starts, he should eventually take the Friday spot unless Mlodzinski turns it on

Nope. He looks like the best option we have for a starter. I’d like to see him move to the Saturday spot next weekend and put some pressure on Mlodzinski. If he continues to perform the way he has in his first couple starts, he should eventually take the Friday spot unless Mlodzinski turns it on
Agree.

That Utah Valley pitcher Schultz was a beast and they played well enough to win that game. That was a great win. The two Liberty wins could prove solid viktries as well. I look to take care of Clemson this weekend. I think we win a slugfest in Kingsmore, lose a tight one in Flour, and handle them soundly behind Morgan at home. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT