ADVERTISEMENT

Heavy Rain for Saturday

If we can run the ball and protect the ball, yes....the Missouri game was pretty fun last year - team came alive during that monsoon

Reactions: ConKreteCock
Hard to say. The old axiom is that rain tends to neutralize superior speed because the footing gets bad, but natural grass turf management is better these days, and unless there is a lot of rain soaking the field before the game, it may not make much of a difference. That said, I'm not sure how much of a speed difference, if any, there is between the two teams. That's a long way of saying: "Who knows?"

iu

I hope so. I'd be worried about having to run the whole time against their D, but I still think we are favored by the rain.

Florida has struggled to run the ball and our defense has been very good against the run the past few games. Their offense revolves around the passing game so I think rain will be in our favor.

Reactions: PC31
Hard to say. The old axiom is that rain tends to neutralize superior speed because the footing gets bad, but natural grass turf management is better these days, and unless there is a lot of rain soaking the field before the game, it may not make much of a difference. That said, I'm not sure how much of a speed difference, if any, there is between the two teams. That's a long way of saying: "Who knows?"

Our field is in excellent condition right now.

In the old days, a mudder meant you had to run. Not so much any more. Yeah, the ball is still slicker but the passing games and receivers are much better. Defensive backs have to worry about slipping even more than receivers. I think a running team still has a slight advantage - but not like it was back when I played football in the Middle Ages.

Reactions: DrMickey
Weather report I saw said the rain would be later in the afternoon and into the evening.

weather underground, wachfox and wltx all have rain at 80% or more starting around 11:00am. However like my wife said, the weathermen have been wrong a whole lot lately.

If we can run the ball and protect the ball, yes....the Missouri game was pretty fun last year - team came alive during that monsoon

That has to be one of the most memorable times I've had with my father and I'm 33. The rest of our family went under the stadium, but I sat out in the rain... I look at the stairs a few minutes later to see my father back up to sit with me with the biggest grin on his face. Man! What a great day and memory!

The worst frog strangling rain games I remember attending Mo Williams (UK) and Scott Harley (ECU) both set records rushing against us. I don't see Perine being that kind of back but on the other hand Rico D. and Feaster might have a big day.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It helps us for sure. Florida has one of the worst rushing offenses in the SEC and with Ryan and Dak probably not 100% I say it’s favorable.

Gust to 34 with sustained 13-23
Buckle up!
I was going to fish a tournament but may rethink that plan.

That rain isnt going to get here fast enough to have an effect on a noon start. Now is it was an 8 o'clock start, it could have gotten interesting

Reactions: cockofdawn
I think that dang depression in the gulf may change earlier forecasts. One thing for sure, two days from now this time, we’ll all know. :D

The worst frog strangling rain games I remember attending Mo Williams (UK) and Scott Harley (ECU) both set records rushing against us. I don't see Perine being that kind of back but on the other hand Rico D. and Feaster might have a big day.
That ECU game was horrible. I remember streams of rain from the upper deck just dumping beside us in the lower level.

ADVERTISEMENT