ADVERTISEMENT

HeelzinSC

heelzfor2

Aug 16, 2002
Winnabow, NC
Hello Gamecocks,

Its been a while since Ive visited your fine board so I hope all of you have been doing well. I just had a chance to look at the recruits signed yesterday and noticed two of your sandlappers committed to the Heels. Both look like pretty dang good players, ranked in the SC top 15 or so.

What's happened with your recruiting, SC used to pull top talent out of NC, now it looks like the trend is swinging a little....kinda strange if you ask me, especially considering USC's recent success and the Heels have basically sucked.

Anyway, looking forward to the game in Charlotte, hopefully we can continue a home and home.

Ty'son Williams waited to long to commit and had two other RB targets commit instead. Not sure who else you might be talking about.

To be honest I dont remember reading much about him. He might have been a UNC guy from day 1 so maybe USC didnt recruit him very much? Im not sure to be honest.

Actually heard about the phantom classes UNC offers which is a huge selling point!!

How about Syracuse self imposing penalty for some academic transgressions while UNC the biggest violator in the NCAA gets off without even a hand slap. They are the biggest hypocrites in the world and for them to proclaim they are some kind of academic power is a joke now. No defense for what they were doing and for Roy Williams to play innocent is a joke.

Originally posted by heelzfor2:
Hello Gamecocks,

Its been a while since Ive visited your fine board so I hope all of you have been doing well. I just had a chance to look at the recruits signed yesterday and noticed two of your sandlappers committed to the Heels. Both look like pretty dang good players, ranked in the SC top 15 or so.

What's happened with your recruiting, SC used to pull top talent out of NC, now it looks like the trend is swinging a little....kinda strange if you ask me, especially considering USC's recent success and the Heels have basically sucked.

Anyway, looking forward to the game in Charlotte, hopefully we can continue a home and home.
UNC has an easier academic path for athletes. Good luck to those players.

Your team has always recruited pretty well. Sutton I believe had an offer but may have gotten hurt. Thought I remember hearing something about that.

Agree with Heelz. USC and UNC should play every year in football, basketball and baseball. It's a natrual regional rivalry and I'm sure fans on both sides would embrace it. I doubt it will happen but we can hope. Very impressed with the Heels recruiting class this year.

Originally posted by heelzfor2:
Hello Gamecocks,

Heels have always gotten the cream of NC football prospects. Not so much this year. They got 5 4 stars and NCS also got 5 4 stars. Duke got 1. News and Observers reported this today. Did ECU get any higher than 3? How has this translated to wins on the field among these schools?

The N&O also had an article from UNC claiming that the other schools have been all over negative recruiting relative to the ongoing scandal. No big surprise there as we have had more than our share of that too, with much of it being self inflicted.

A full series between UNC and USC would be great, at least for the fans and probably for both pocketbooks.

Originally posted by usctim#:

Agree with Heelz. USC and UNC should play every year in football, basketball and baseball. It's a natrual regional rivalry and I'm sure fans on both sides would embrace it. I doubt it will happen but we can hope. Very impressed with the Heels recruiting class this year.
HELL NO! Those blue bastards would not play us when we left the ACC in anything but football and only that because it was a money maker for them. Let them rot.

heelzfor2.......you seem like a decent fellow but i can only imagine what you would be like if one of your teams actually beat us at something. LOL

To heel with the tarholes. We should not lower ourselves to play them in anything. They are a worthless bunch of hypocrites with their hollier than thou attitude. Let them play dookie and davidson and elon. Thats there class. Only thing good about the tar holes is that they hammer clemson in bb every year.

So beating a school you hate on the field/court does nothing to excite you? I'm guessing USC will have close to 40K in Charlotte for the opener. We play CU in all sports and I hate them far more than I hate UNC. I'm sure most here even pull for UNC vs CU. It can't hurt recruiting there to get some exposure vs the big dog school on tobacco road.

I feel we have nothing to gain by playing the heels. They have been irrelevant in football for a number of years and so we don't get that much credit in strength of schedule, but if we start slowly as usual and the holes pull off an upset, it hurts like hell for the remainder of the year.

Originally posted by radcock:
heelzfor2.......you seem like a decent fellow but i can only imagine what you would be like if one of your teams actually beat us at something. LOL
Hey radcock, I've been around here for several years now and have been back after we lost in football as well as after we won in baseball. I've been pretty much the same I believe after both and I try to never blame the refs when we win or lose, figure most of the time the calls even out throughout the game. Now if we want to talk Dook, thats a different story :):):)

Agree with the other posters, a annual game in all sports would be a money maker for both programs. Much better than us playing a smaller, no name school that does not get the fans excited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT