ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree. Think it should go to the player who has the biggest impact on his team. Heck we win 6 games this past year with his talent. I think Alabama wins regardless of what RB they stick by there.

I don't agree. Think it should go to the player who has the biggest impact on his team. Heck we win 6 games this past year with his talent. I think Alabama wins regardless of what RB they stick by there.

The voters don't agree with you at all. Look at how much Henry won by. The dude is a beast. Averaging 6 yards a carry and almost 2,000 yards in the SEC. Ain't against the weak defenses Clemson faced every week. Bama has always had great lines and the backs weren't getting the ball 40+ times in a game and touching Henry's numbers.

Reactions: cocks4EVA_
Maybe now The Snake will stop plastering his face all over the sports page every damn day... but I don't think so.

Derrick Henry was a very deserving heisman winner. He's by far and away the best running back to go through Bama during the Saban era with the combination of his size and speed. After Bama had their fluke loss to Ole Miss all anyone talked about was how this isn't Bama's year anymore, and week after week Henry singlehandedly dominated SEC defenses that game planned to specifically stop him. He answered every teams attempt to shut him down and dominated against LSU when everyone's heisman favorite folded.

Deshaun Watson on the other hand was a very legit canidate and is an even better person. Without Watson Clemson has at least two or three losses despite their soft schedule and whackjob of a coach. As much as it pains me to say Watson is as classy and humble as they get and I have nothing but respect for him. God bless him.

You can't argue with McCaffery's stats, they're simply unbelievable. I think the pac 12's weak defenses did him in with the voters.

With all that said I think the voters go it right. I thought Henry deserved to win and I would have voted Watson second, McCaffery third. All three are great representatives of college football on and off the field. It was awesome to see Henry's dad get so emotional, Spurrier in the background during Henry's speech and Dabo looking like a drunk baffoon.

Reactions: NetworkX and cockal
Henry was clearly the best player in the country this year and deserved the Heisman. Clemson still with no Heisman winners.

Man, I'm so glad quempsum's Watson didn't win the Heisman. I was scared that he was going to win the trophy.

their not in meltdown over there......their over here in meltdown mode....watson deserved to be there no doubt about it, but what a bunch of little whiny ass crybabies....get over it
jill-greenberg-crying-photoshopped-babies-end-times-17.jpg

Last edited:
That was uga red and black. You could look at his kitty paw pin and tell it was not orange, two different colors. Kinda surprised, he was the only finalist to not wear any school colors. Well other than that tiny pin. Kinda makes you wonder

Yeah, Watson ain't an NFL qb. He knows the hurry up system from high school and has perfected it. It works in college-not in pros.

Give it time. In the not-too-distant-future, the hurry-up Offense will be Defensed into near extinction. Just like the Wish-Bone, except for some teams who still can't get the hang of it. :(

which will be forth. Even in the cupcake acc its tough to go undefeated and the taters have done it for the first time in 34 years. The stars aligned. Schedule was as good as it gets.It will not be next year. It will be 34 more years before we have to worry about that again if not longer. Watson is getting worse not better. They will lose the first game next season as it should be and they will resume their rightful place in college football. Orange will be scarce once again..................Orange the Color of Satan. Get it outta here!

Reactions: bitemeiptay
at showboating, hot-dogging, and creative celebrations for even the least of his accomplishments on the field. Don't misunderstand me, Watson is a great passer, an outstanding runner, a fine leader and probably one of the most intelligent college QB's I've ever seen. His celebrations I don't like, and regardless of what Clemson fans may want to believe, he does not come off as humble, classy, or team-oriented while exhibiting his Cam Newton wanna-be antics.

Reactions: Cocky kebo57
at showboating, hot-dogging, and creative celebrations for even the least of his accomplishments on the field. Don't misunderstand me, Watson is a great passer, an outstanding runner, a fine leader and probably one of the most intelligent college QB's I've ever seen. His celebrations I don't like, and regardless of what Clemson fans may want to believe, he does not come off as humble, classy, or team-oriented while exhibiting his Cam Newton wanna-be antics.
It hasn't helped that he's spent two years around Dumbo!!

That was uga red and black. You could look at his kitty paw pin and tell it was not orange, two different colors. Kinda surprised, he was the only finalist to not wear any school colors. Well other than that tiny pin. Kinda makes you wonder
Yeah, but Henry is wearing purple!

He is definitely skilled at looking like a complete doofus in a suit. Red suit, blue shirt with white polka dots?? At least he didn't wear grey K-Mart sweatpants with a Waffle House menu stuffed in the front like his head cheerleader/coach.

Watson was dressed like a pimp from the 70's. Ridiculous. The other 2 looked classy, dignified, and understated. Watson looked just the opposite. He does way too much stuff to draw attention to himself. His Cam Newton celebrations on the field do not endear him to Heisman voters. You can bet when his team is inside the 10 yard line, he is going to keep the ball to try and pad his stats. Surely OK's DC recognizes this.

Reactions: BigTomE
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT