ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
13-0 and beat us. Just sayin.

Everyone beat us dumbass.......but if you watched the highlights, watson was way more cam newton than the others.....that is the discussion.....he was lucky to get 3rd. Apparently the entire country believed he was 3rd best....and by the way....the guy in 2nd may come back.

watsons name came up way to late in the race.....those two were there all year.....taterville can get over it....they should be happy he was invited.....he definitely deserved to be there
He can win next year if he stays healthy

I stopped giving a damn about the Heisman when they stop giving it to seniors or juniors that earned it. It's nothing more than a beauty pageant for one of the top teams in the country and has been for decades. The luster has been lost long ago...and the media is what killed it.

Reactions: cocknjax
Clemtech was founded on hate and racism. I can't believe the media isn't protesting the so called college. How many people were enslaved on the campus grounds? How many innocent people were stole from their families and forced into slave labor until they died? I know I'm embarrassed the school is in this great state.

I don't agree. Think it should go to the player who has the biggest impact on his team. Heck we win 6 games this past year with his talent. I think Alabama wins regardless of what RB they stick by there.
So we beat the citadel, Kentucky and Mizzou...yea that's heisman level talent. GTFO.

Very intelligent response. You mother must be proud!
What are you talking about, why are you even on this site? Obviously you are worried about what Carolina fans think or you wouldn't be on this board and now you're calling us ignorant? Seems to me you don't think things through very well. Be careful chewing gum little buddy and make sure you keep that helmet on at all times

He is wearing red because that was his high school colors.

I don't care whose color it is, it is not appropriate. It looks like something Bozo The Clown might wear. Someone needs to advise that young man, next year. I like Watson and was actually pulling for him. When are we going to stop letting inmates run asylums? NEVER

at showboating, hot-dogging, and creative celebrations for even the least of his accomplishments on the field. Don't misunderstand me, Watson is a great passer, an outstanding runner, a fine leader and probably one of the most intelligent college QB's I've ever seen. His celebrations I don't like, and regardless of what Clemson fans may want to believe, he does not come off as humble, classy, or team-oriented while exhibiting his Cam Newton wanna-be antics.

He is absolutely not. The trophy is given to the player who contributes the most to his teams success. Not the best pro draft choice. Leading his team in two major, offensive categories is pretty strong. He also played in the strongest conference, this year and against much tougher competition than Watson.

There were 3 deserving candidates. I don't know how anyone can argue with Henry winning. However, he was the most replaceable go the 3. There were other guys that produce those numbers with that many carries behind the Bama line.

Watson padded his numbers vs bad defenses with short passes and runs when the game was won.

McCaffrey did the most for his team. He kind of reminds me of a more durable CJ Spiller. There wasn't another guy in the country even resembling his value to Stanford. He deserved the Heisman.

I missed the show. Can someone post the link that will show Dabo and his wife. I can't find one. Thanks!

and unable to find a link that will show Dabo and his wife. Someone has posted he was drunk.

The voters don't agree with you at all. Look at how much Henry won by. The dude is a beast. Averaging 6 yards a carry and almost 2,000 yards in the SEC. Ain't against the weak defenses Clemson faced every week. Bama has always had great lines and the backs weren't getting the ball 40+ times in a game and touching Henry's numbers.
He is a good back but quoting number of carries and ypc do not support your argument. Kid was like 51st in the country in ypc and Watson was only 10 places behind him. Henry is a very durable back but I worry about him being over used in college. More than 40 carries a game is down right abusive. His ypc number would've been much better if Bama threw the ball a bit more to keep Defenses honest

I stopped giving a damn about the Heisman when they stop giving it to seniors or juniors that earned it. It's nothing more than a beauty pageant for one of the top teams in the country and has been for decades. The luster has been lost long ago...and the media is what killed it.

^^^^This.

Henry broke Hershal Walker's sec single season yardage record! Watson doesn't even has his school's single season yardage record!

He is a good back but quoting number of carries and ypc do not support your argument. Kid was like 51st in the country in ypc and Watson was only 10 places behind him. Henry is a very durable back but I worry about him being over used in college. More than 40 carries a game is down right abusive. His ypc number would've been much better if Bama threw the ball a bit more to keep Defenses honest

Once again as I stated-Watson did it against weaker defenses. Henry was playing against tougher defenses and in the best division in the country. So 6 ypc is impressive. Running 40+ carries in a game means a lot too. The guy's a machine. 4 200 yard games tying Herchel and Bo. I also stated that Henry ran for almost 2,000 yards. That means something too. A majority of the voters agree.

Last edited:
Once again as I stated-Watson did it against weaker defenses. Henry was playing against tougher defenses and in the best division in the country. So 6 ypc is impressive. Running 40+ carries in a game means a lot too. The guy's a machine. 4 200 yard games tying Herchel and Bo. I also stated that Henry ran for almost 2,000 yards. That means something too. A majority of the voters agree.

+1

Watsons suit is orange.
Nope, it was red. Even he said it was red, which was the colors of his high school the Red Elephants, that he was honoring by wearing it. Always helps to pay attention to the commentary too. But let's admit it, that loud 1970's pimp-daddy suit draws attention to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden Cock
at showboating, hot-dogging, and creative celebrations for even the least of his accomplishments on the field. Don't misunderstand me, Watson is a great passer, an outstanding runner, a fine leader and probably one of the most intelligent college QB's I've ever seen. His celebrations I don't like, and regardless of what Clemson fans may want to believe, he does not come off as humble, classy, or team-oriented while exhibiting his Cam Newton wanna-be antics.

Someone should probably tell Watson that Newton was one of the most hated college football players in the nation. To pattern his behavior after Newton is a mistake.

hi-res-d56e80487dcf41a2af7d961ea232b1d6_crop_north.jpg

And y'all just can't win, PERIOD!
This is not 'Defend Your Team on Your Rivals Message Board Day'. I don't care if you don't like comments you see on this board. This is OUR message board, so go back to taternet and don't come back. Feel free to engage in creative, intelligent banter..............OVER THERE!!!!!

Reactions: BigTomE
I don't believe the post above. I do believe that the person that should have won was macaffery. He was the one that got screwed.
LOL...let Watson play in the SEC and see if he gets the glory he got....ACC allows you to pad your stats...he barely beat the bottom dweller of the SEC this year....I hope OK puts 77 on you guys...

Running behind the best line money can buy to me he's not even the best back in the country. he also got the ball 40 times a game.
LMAO....typical TATER....I love it....and Watson was playing in the WORST league in the nation, padding his stats...SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT